Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Games

#1   Report Post  
    Old 11-16-2012, 08:18 PM

Default Guild Wars 2 performance

I've been playing the GW2 free weekend and i've been getting pretty sub-par performance on my PC:
    i5 2500k
    6850 OC
    4GB Ram

In the starting area I get from about 20 to 30 fps on medium settings, which to me feels unplayable.
    Is this normal? Anyone have similar specs? I was thinking about buying it but now i'm not sure.
      #2   Report Post  
    Old 11-17-2012, 01:08 AM

I have a lesser build, but still usually get a constant 60 fps. Although I remember that there was one very small area where I would get <10 fps.
      #3   Report Post  
    Old 11-17-2012, 05:01 AM

Default Buying be cautious

Once you get the frame rate problem sorted out hope you don't run into the ban hammer problem on GW 2 and lose your account. Just go to their forums to see the complaints of other gamers falsely accused of botting, using macro's and third party programs.They have a real problem and their customer service is far from stellar. Really liked the game though am permanently banned. In my short time on GW2 my account was hacked ( resolved ), accused of botting ( resolved ) and finally permanently banned for apparently using a third party program which is totally false and unfounded. My final option was to complain to the Better Business Bureau to try and seek resolution. Just thought I would give you a heads up before making that cash outlay.
      #4   Report Post  
    Old 11-17-2012, 08:44 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Deeter View Post
    Once you get the frame rate problem sorted out hope you don't run into the ban hammer problem on GW 2 and lose your account. Just go to their forums to see the complaints of other gamers falsely accused of botting, using macro's and third party programs.They have a real problem and their customer service is far from stellar. Really liked the game though am permanently banned. In my short time on GW2 my account was hacked ( resolved ), accused of botting ( resolved ) and finally permanently banned for apparently using a third party program which is totally false and unfounded. My final option was to complain to the Better Business Bureau to try and seek resolution. Just thought I would give you a heads up before making that cash outlay.
    Strange, I haven't had a single problem with hacking or banning. Although I have heard that the tend to do it more than usual.
      #5   Report Post  
    Old 11-19-2012, 08:01 AM

Quote:
    Yes, and watch out for when the aliens invade, they will steal your GW2 account!!! Seriously, you made an account just to give us your sad, probably invented story?

@OP, no, it's not normal, but I have heard of a number of players encountering issues with some specific configurations. Try fiddling with the video options, if that doesn't work then your best bet is to try the official forums or contact their customer support.
      #6   Report Post  
    Old 11-19-2012, 11:33 PM

Send a message via AIM to Lightingbird Send a message via MSN to Lightingbird Send a message via Yahoo to Lightingbird Send a message via Skype™ to Lightingbird

Quote:
    I've been playing since the game went live and I don't know a single person that was banned. No idea what on earth your talking about. Did you buy some gold and get caught or exploit something? Also, your account wasn't hacked. At worse, you gave your logon information away.