Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Play with PC Gamer > Minecraft > UK Server

#1   Report Post  
    Old 11-16-2012, 02:16 PM

Default Unban help and a couple of questions

Hi guys,

Sorry to have to post this here, but it's the only thing I could think of! Apologies for the clutter - I've tried to add a question or two at the end so that it is not a totally wasted thread.

Managed to get myself a 1 day ban earlier in the week which still appears to be active, although I thought it would have expired by now. Can any admin help out with that please ?

Whilst we're here I'd like to fully apologise for the actions that resulted in that ban (mining minerals in someone else's area) and would like to reassure the admins that I'm not the sort of person that 'griefs' in any of the games I play, and I understand more now about the rules that help keep such a wide and varied server intact.

And so on to my questions, which relate slightly to the reason for my ban, but more something I'd like to get clarity on before proceeding any further.

I now fully understand that you shouldn't mine minerals in other people's areas, even if you fill in the holes as you go. Fair do's, makes sense.

My question is how a builder should view the status of things like trees and grass on areas that do not appear immediately claimed - ie, they are not in a fenced in area, for example - but that may be part of the 'ambience' of the area.

Are these considered things that can regrow and/or be replanted by the harvester, and hence fair game, or do these too count as part of someone else's build and hence are out of bounds ?

Second question regards leaving stuff out for other people to use - do I assume that if you just leave a stack of something out in the open, it eventually times out and disappears ? If that is the case, can I also assume that you need to put stuff in a chest and somehow make the chest public access ?

Thanks for the clarifications, I've only just started playing having read about the game for yonks in PCG, and the google-space for Minecraft is a bit dense at this point!

Cheers,

Mike.
      #2   Report Post  
    Old 11-16-2012, 03:18 PM

Hey Mike,

In answer too you're questions (although I may not be correct);
    1.) Things such as trees/grass and other natural resources which are either part of someones build or adding anything towards that build for example a tree looking nice next to or near a house are probably best left.
    2.) It is true that items time out if left in the "dropped" form, if you wish to leave something for other players you can always place a chest (and probably a sign letting them know its for them) and use /cremove on it to make it public.

Hope that's cleared things up I will see if i can get in contact with an admin about your tempban.

Frog
      #3   Report Post  
    Old 11-16-2012, 03:42 PM
    Banned

Yes, that seems to be in order. Unbanned. Don't do it again you ruffian and so on.
      #4   Report Post  
    Old 11-16-2012, 11:33 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Palodin View Post
    Yes, that seems to be in order. Unbanned. Don't do it again you ruffian and so on.
    I have to say that this is first time anyone has called me a ruffian, but there you go.

I'm still stuck in jail, though, and /home doesn't work, but I'm sure there is a reason for that which will become clear in due course.

As far as my question about regenerating resources, I'm not quite sure I've got the definitive answer yet....

Thanks guys...
      #5   Report Post  
    Old 11-18-2012, 12:20 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to sliver hunter10

Quote:
    Are these considered things that can regrow and/or be replanted by the harvester, and hence fair game, or do these too count as part of someone else's build and hence are out of bounds ?

Second question regards leaving stuff out for other people to use - do I assume that if you just leave a stack of something out in the open, it eventually times out and disappears ? If that is the case, can I also assume that you need to put stuff in a chest and somehow make the chest public access ?

Cheers,

Mike
    Well mike if it looks like part of somebody's build i would just leave it and move along if you do drop items they do disappear after time if you want to give the stuff away you could just ask in server chat if anybody wants (insert item name here) if you do cut down trees try to replant or just make a tree farm Welcome back to the server! also about the jail thing just ask a mod if you see one
    I hope its tasty
    Stats
    AMD Athlon X4
    4.0GB RAM
    NVIDIA Geforce GTX470 x2

Steam: sliverhunter10
    Xbox: sliverhunter10
    Phone number: you would want that would't you
    Blame the name not the game

Last edited by sliver hunter10; 11-18-2012 at 12:22 PM.
      #6   Report Post  
    Old 11-18-2012, 02:07 PM
    Banned

Quote:
    Originally Posted by mikep42 View Post
    I have to say that this is first time anyone has called me a ruffian, but there you go.

I'm still stuck in jail, though, and /home doesn't work, but I'm sure there is a reason for that which will become clear in due course.

As far as my question about regenerating resources, I'm not quite sure I've got the definitive answer yet....

Thanks guys...
    Odd. I'm sure I teleported to you yesterday and saw you walking around as normal. Will check when I get on.

Normally, we suggest you don't chop trees too close to other peoples builds. If you really must, its generally polite to make sure they're completely removed and then replanting them. Seeing single blocks of wood floating around is a pet peeve of many people. I'm not quite sure what you mean by your other point about chests.

Last edited by Palodin; 11-18-2012 at 02:12 PM.