Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Play with PC Gamer > World of Warcraft Guild (EU) > Raids and Events > Team Awesome

#1   Report Post  
    Old 11-14-2012, 08:08 AM

Default Raid Report 13/11/12

Attendees:
    Tanks: Slim and Khaine
    Healers: Doom and Sid
    Melee: Tofe and Archaz
    Ranged: Zalid, Noheels, Bel and Aph

Littlesky sat out for us.
    Apologies for my lack of real leadership last night and short temper, I have some sort of bug which I think is out to kill me.

We started work on Elegon who is proving to be a real monster. We did make small improvements throughout the night but we still have a lot of work to do before we will be killing him.

We pretty much have phase 1 sorted. We left our melee on the boss whilst the DPS dealt with the add and everyone was incharge of their own stacks. We were a little low on DPS meaning that we were getting a third add spawn just before phase 2 so we had to be very careful not to push the boss as the add spawned. With a little work on gear and specs we should be able to push him before the third add spawns.

Phase 2 needs a little bit of work, ensuring that we have healers on both sides of the platform and making sure that people manage their stacks correctly. We all had dedicated sparks which we dealt with without any issues and the pillars were also going well as long as everyone was alive. The tanks would then stack up the adds and we would kill them.

Our best attempt saw the boss at 80% but I am not particularly worried about % at the moment, what is important it knowing the tactics well and we are getting there. I think the rest will come as our DPS improves.

Thursday will be a fresh run with Littlesky joining us again. Hopefully we will be able to get some more gear etc before we next hit Elegon.

Try and do the new LFR before Sunday as well as I expect that will be the next time we have a good run at Elegon.

A good night all in all, even if I was a little anti-social. We did make some progress which is the important thing.
      #2   Report Post  
    Old 11-14-2012, 09:38 AM

but anti social raiding is the way forward with awesome.

we were getting there, it was that transition of the platform that screwed us a couple of times, looks more likely we need to get one tank to hold all those little adds while the other runs in to pick the boss up so we don't all get dragged and killed also at that point the ranged should be able to get back in the edge of the ring for the extra 50% on the adds and hopefully put them down fast.
      #3   Report Post  
    Old 11-14-2012, 10:15 AM

how many times were you able to kill the little sparks before they reached the pillars?
      #4   Report Post  
    Old 11-14-2012, 10:20 AM

That's the idea. Once we stack the adds, one tank takes them all and the other runs in to the boss. The DPS then step back inside and finish the adds off. Rinse and repeat.

Our main downfall was taking unnecessary damage, DPS being low and keeping everyone alive, especially for the crystal/wall phase.

We will get there, I have no doubt about that, we just need to remember that this is a much more demanding boss than the others in terms of DPS and probably healing.
      #5   Report Post  
    Old 11-14-2012, 10:21 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Akee View Post
    how many times were you able to kill the little sparks before they reached the pillars?
    it was about the fourth set one or 2 got past.
      #6   Report Post  
    Old 11-14-2012, 10:24 AM

We may not have progressed as much as some would have hoped, but we are making progress.
    We could do with some management of our dps in P1 so that we only get 2 adds. The dps is not that far away here.
    P2 (energy charges) were not too bad. Icy Veins only expect 3 waves to be taken down, which I believe we managed. Any more are a bonus.
    P3 was okish. The pillars seemed ok, but our stacking seemed rather lethargic. A few ideas were suggested and I'm sure we can come up with a better plan for the pillars for next time. Whether that be concentrate on each pillar pair in turn, or have us on different pillars. I also believe that the Cosmic Sparks (the adds), are meant to die before the platform is back up. As we should be back to hitting the boss when the platform is present.

It's been a good week all in all. So we can be happy.

Last edited by Zalid; 11-14-2012 at 10:27 AM.
      #7   Report Post  
    Old 11-14-2012, 10:30 AM

that first phase would probably benefit from an extra DPS left on the boss as those adds were going down really fast.
      #8   Report Post  
    Old 11-14-2012, 10:31 AM

The DPS wasn't far off but it is just off which means that we have to stop and let the third add spawn. If we can concentrate on increasing our DPS this week then I think we may be able to push it.

As our DPS is at the moment we need to kill 4/5 crystals to be able to complete the fight. 3 is fine if you already have high enough DPS.

We shouldn't be stacking for the pillars. They have 1mill health each and each individual should easily be able to kill them by the time the platform disappears. Especially if we manage to pick the DPS up this week. That will give the tanks a clear run at the adds as well.

The adds probably won't be dead by the time the platform comes up but they should be getting close. I would probably send the tank and melee back in with the ranged finishing the adds off before hitting the boss.

It's a tough fight but we were getting there.
      #9   Report Post  
    Old 11-14-2012, 10:31 AM

A good way to deal with the adds in P2 is to all run onto the back of elegon and pop a raid CD while all stack and nuke them down.

Its the a very effective way to clear them. Remember tho, the fast u all kill ur pillons the less adds u will have to deal with!

Also the ppl assigned to killings the orbs will need to kill there own pillon also.
      #10   Report Post  
    Old 11-14-2012, 10:57 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Nelks View Post
    A good way to deal with the adds in P2 is to all run onto the back of elegon and pop a raid CD while all stack and nuke them down.

Its the a very effective way to clear them. Remember tho, the fast u all kill ur pillons the less adds u will have to deal with!

Also the ppl assigned to killings the orbs will need to kill there own pillon also.
    Sorry Nelks. Having read your post a few times I cannot work our which adds you are on about in P2.
    My understanding of the phases (or stages as Icy Veins calls them) :
    P1 = Elegon and Celestial Protectors
    P2 = Energy Charges
    P3 = Pillons and Cosmic Sparks

Regarding the Cosmic Sparks. The longer we take killing pylons, the more Cosmic Sparks are spawned ? That's good to know. As some info says that they spawn between the first pylon killed and the last one, so the less time you spend between pylon1 death and pylon 6 death, the fewer adds you get.