Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Games

#31   Report Post  
    Old 11-17-2012, 04:11 PM

I'm not playing it and I don't need your pity. I've watched plenty of gameplay footage on Youtube and it looks thoroughly crap. It's a console kids game. Why play this when there's NWN 2 or similar - a proper PC game with proper depth.
      #32   Report Post  
    Old 11-17-2012, 07:20 PM

Agree with OP, this is 1 of my absolute favorite games of all time. It's just so tense and exciting and the online features are amazing. Having other players invade your world is just such a great idea. Not to mention having the best and most precise melee combat system ever in a 3D game.

Dark souls definitely ranks in my all time top 5 games alongside Deus Ex (the first 1), Operation Flashpoint (again the original), Company of Heroes (just for multiplayer) and Minecraft.

As for the difficulty - its not that bad. It just reminds me of what games used to be like a few years ago before regenerating health and the general dumbing down of games for the console market.

Last edited by Humangutan; 11-17-2012 at 07:25 PM.
      #33   Report Post  
    Old 11-17-2012, 07:31 PM

What i liked most about this game is the sense of accomplishment you get from it. everything you do is so rewarding. i really liked the weapons too and the way the game lets you level those weapons up. giving you the option to use a boss's soul to totally change certain weapons into something totally different. and the armor, i don't remember getting even one piece of armor that i didn't think looked cool. and as far as the world looking boring, i really enjoyed everything about it. to me it all looked amazing.

Looking 4 Indie bundles? http://steamcommunity.com/groups/IndieBundleTracker
      #34   Report Post  
    Old 11-18-2012, 03:53 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by doctor_roxo View Post
    What i liked most about this game is the sense of accomplishment you get from it. everything you do is so rewarding. i really liked the weapons too and the way the game lets you level those weapons up. giving you the option to use a boss's soul to totally change certain weapons into something totally different. and the armor, i don't remember getting even one piece of armor that i didn't think looked cool. and as far as the world looking boring, i really enjoyed everything about it. to me it all looked amazing.
    I agree. Even though it's not a perfect pc port (though completely 100% playable and enjoyable) people should want to buy this game just as a way of supporting game design that doesn't cater to the ADD call of duty generation. I would welcome this series with open arms on the pc. I can't even imagine how awesome a new souls game would be that was designed with the pc in mind rather than a direct port even though the game is still ridiculously good.

Badcompany 2- xJakex068

Specs:
    Windows 7 64bit
    Antech truepower 650 watt psu
    8 gb ram
    HIS Hd radeon 5770 OC'ed to 950 gpu clock/1350 memory clock
    Intel core i5 3570k
    gigabyte z77-d3h
    500 gb western digital hd
      #35   Report Post  
    Old 11-18-2012, 04:18 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by xJakex068 View Post
    I agree. Even though it's not a perfect pc port (though completely 100% playable and enjoyable) people should want to buy this game just as a way of supporting game design that doesn't cater to the ADD call of duty generation. I would welcome this series with open arms on the pc. I can't even imagine how awesome a new souls game would be that was designed with the pc in mind rather than a direct port even though the game is still ridiculously good.
    how is the modding coming along on this game? you'd think most of the things people have complained about in this thread could be fixed with mods. not to mention all the awesome stuff that'll be added eventually.

#36   Report Post  
    Old 11-18-2012, 04:25 PM

Quote:
    how is the modding coming along on this game? you'd think most of the things people have complained about in this thread could be fixed with mods. not to mention all the awesome stuff that'll be added eventually.
    I honestly haven't used any mods,so I'm not entirely sure. I tried adding some mods but can't really figure it out, so I've been playing the game as is. In all honesty their's really no need for the mods, the game runs perfectly fine without them. They're more for people being picky that it's not running at 900 fps and at 190048x7899988 resolution, which isn't me. I'm a gamer, I buy games to play them, not look at them.

The game is still absolutely brilliant and the developers deserve every penny they've made.

Badcompany 2- xJakex068

Specs:
    Windows 7 64bit
    8 gb ram
    Intel core i5 3570k
    gigabyte z77-d3h

Last edited by xJakex068; 11-18-2012 at 04:53 PM.
      #37   Report Post  
    Old 11-18-2012, 06:12 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by xJakex068 View Post
    I honestly haven't used any mods,so I'm not entirely sure. I tried adding some mods but can't really figure it out, so I've been playing the game as is. In all honesty their's really no need for the mods, the game runs perfectly fine without them. They're more for people being picky that it's not running at 900 fps and at 190048x7899988 resolution, which isn't me. I'm a gamer, I buy games to play them, not look at them.

The game is still absolutely brilliant and the developers deserve every penny they've made.
    yea i don't care about mods that just make the game look better or change it. i love the way it looks. i'm more interested in mods that add monsters, new areas, new weapons, that'd be cool.

#38   Report Post  
    Old 11-18-2012, 06:58 PM

Quote:
    yea i don't care about mods that just make the game look better or change it. i love the way it looks. i'm more interested in mods that add monsters, new areas, new weapons, that'd be cool.
    Oh yeah, idk I haven't really looked into it. There's bound to be some here eventually.

Badcompany 2- xJakex068

Specs:
    Windows 7 64bit
    8 gb ram
    Intel core i5 3570k
    gigabyte z77-d3h
      #39   Report Post  
    Old 11-19-2012, 06:02 AM

I purchased this based partly on OP's enthusiasm. Oh well. I suppose compared to Skyrim the combat is more detailed, and compared to Diablo there is more depth to looting (apparently, I haven't got that far).

Graphically it looks like something from the PS2 until you mod it (thank you previous poster!)

This game made me think about how some if I'm going to spend 100s of hours on a hobby, it isn't a game of grinding. I like hardcore 'if you die, that's it' games: makes the precious time mean something. For me, Day Z gives a buzz. This game is, so far, frustrating to the point of boredom.

However, if you've the time, this could be a game worth investing in if you like action games like Space Marine set in big brown corridors with hilarious dialogue spoken by husky voiceovers over epic music. However, if you like the 'role' aspect of 'role playing games', there are are a raft of alternatives that feel more rewarding, more quickly, with more apparently depth.

Still, I trust this game fills a niche for people somewhere. Just not mine.
      #40   Report Post  
    Old 11-19-2012, 06:03 AM

It's better than Darksiders, that's for sure. Compared to that game, this one is a masterpiece of finesse...