Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Games

#11   Report Post  
    Old 11-14-2012, 06:41 PM

Send a message via AIM to glottis8 Send a message via MSN to glottis8

did you do all the optimizations and unlock of the resolution? they are a game changer on the PC version

[URL="http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/11/09/dark-souls-mods/"]http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/11/09/dark-souls-mods/[/URL]
    -Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 Wolfdale 3.16GHz 6MB L2 Cache LGA 775 65W Dual-Core Processor BX80570E8500
    -RAM 8GB
    -SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 4870 X2 2GB 512-bit
    -Antec NeoPower 650 Blue 650W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI
    -Windows 7 Home Premium
      #12   Report Post  
    Old 11-14-2012, 07:01 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by glottis8 View Post
    did you do all the optimizations and unlock of the resolution? they are a game changer on the PC version

[URL="http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/11/09/dark-souls-mods/"]http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/11/09/dark-souls-mods/[/URL]
    That's my boy, been looking for a fix for t'game. It looks so fugly on my PC that it turned me off the game. (Yes I am that shallow, pity me too.)
    "...people who personify and love corporations to the point where they can actually feel betrayed by them - well, roll over and take it. You're in for a lifetime of abusive imaginary relationships."

(Blyth Jon, September 2011, PCGamer UK, p90)

Steam id: feersum
      #13   Report Post  
    Old 11-14-2012, 07:25 PM

Send a message via AIM to glottis8 Send a message via MSN to glottis8

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Klatu View Post
    That's my boy, been looking for a fix for t'game. It looks so fugly on my PC that it turned me off the game. (Yes I am that shallow, pity me too.)
    It really does make a difference, and its not so complicated to edit. I thought the game looked a little rough, and the AA didn't work.. with those fixes everything is smooth, the textures are crisp, and your native resolution actually is the HD res, and not a scaled 1024 img.

Hope it helps, and you enjoy such a great game.
    -Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 Wolfdale 3.16GHz 6MB L2 Cache LGA 775 65W Dual-Core Processor BX80570E8500
    -RAM 8GB
    -SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 4870 X2 2GB 512-bit
    -Antec NeoPower 650 Blue 650W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI
    -Windows 7 Home Premium
      #14   Report Post  
    Old 11-14-2012, 09:52 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by flyagaric View Post
    Found it mind numbingly boring. Hated the controls, the story, the graphics, the combat, everything there is to hate, I hated. Pity the fuck out of me.
    Too hard for yah eh?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Aever View Post
    Might be a good game, but it is still a horrible port (from what I hear). It actually sounds like the kind of game that I would enjoy, but until someone tells me that it runs OK on the PC I'm not considering it.
    It's been working flawlessly on my pc for around 6 hours of gameplay. No framerate problems, no crashes or bugs.

Badcompany 2- xJakex068

Specs:
    Windows 7 64bit
    Antech truepower 650 watt psu
    8 gb ram
    HIS Hd radeon 5770 OC'ed to 950 gpu clock/1350 memory clock
    Intel core i5 3570k
    gigabyte z77-d3h
    500 gb western digital hd
      #15   Report Post  
    Old 11-15-2012, 02:52 AM

The game is absolutely horrible.
    Besides the horrible port with non-existent controls, the game is just flat out horrible.

The game tries to act difficult by making everything more powerful than you. Enemies have little to no attack patterns so you can not learn on how to fight enemies. You just have to hope and pray that they do not do their one hit attack(which almost all enemies have) and you have a small window to spam left click until they die because the combat has no depth. This means you cannot learn from mistakes because there is nothing to learn. The level design is awful. The RPG elements are awful. Having to grind is an absolute chore. And yes you need to grind in this game. If you manage to power through an area and reach a boss without having high enough stats, then the game literally becomes impossible.

I know people will say "omg 2 hard 4 u xddddddddddd" but there is a difference between a difficult game like Hotline Miami, where the levels are brilliantly designed and you can actually learn from failure to Dark souls where it is we are amateur game designers who want to make a difficult game but only making it difficult by making things unbalanced and having poor controls.

And the excuse people have for the bad controls being there to make the game harder is absolutely retarded

Dark Souls: Prepare for a bad game edition.
      #16   Report Post  
    Old 11-15-2012, 04:28 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dylanger View Post
    Once you beat them clowns you'll be doing yourself a favour by not giving the Lord vessel to Frampt at Firelink shrine but instead give it to Kaathe!

You will then be able to enter the Darkwraith covenent. This in turn gives you the ability to buy as many Cracked red eye orbs as you want..

...Which in another glorious turn gives you the ability to invade peoples games in your underpants, like I do. And without fear of loosing Orbs.

Invading peoples games in just your pants whilst wearing a sack on your head = Win.

Glad I could help!
    God i hate pvp! Maybe because i havn't designed a good pvp build or what but i havn't tried either. Anyways people always use some magic thing on me that takes half my health or knocks me back and ends up with me getting killed because of it.
      #17   Report Post  
    Old 11-15-2012, 04:34 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by flickenmaste View Post
    Besides the horrible port with non-existent controls, the game is just flat out horrible.

The game tries to act difficult by making everything more powerful than you. Enemies have little to no attack patterns so you can not learn on how to fight enemies. You just have to hope and pray that they do not do their one hit attack(which almost all enemies have) and you have a small window to spam left click until they die because the combat has no depth. This means you cannot learn from mistakes because there is nothing to learn. The level design is awful. The RPG elements are awful. Having to grind is an absolute chore. And yes you need to grind in this game. If you manage to power through an area and reach a boss without having high enough stats, then the game literally becomes impossible.

I know people will say "omg 2 hard 4 u xddddddddddd" but there is a difference between a difficult game like Hotline Miami, where the levels are brilliantly designed and you can actually learn from failure to Dark souls where it is we are amateur game designers who want to make a difficult game but only making it difficult by making things unbalanced and having poor controls.

And the excuse people have for the bad controls being there to make the game harder is absolutely retarded

It's not that bad while i do agree with you the balance as it is kinda bad sometimes as i guarantee you will not be able to beat a new boss on your first try because it is literally impossible. There attack patterns can only be learned by replaying constantly like with the four kings i have trouble distinguishing this one attack from another because if i do the wrong maneuver he just picks me and stabs me nearly insta killing me. And you only have like 1 minute until another boss comes in at the SAME TIME which is why i died like 30 times on the gargoyles because they would flame me and hit me off the roof and it didn't help when another came in at the same time. Although they usually do not act aggressive if they double team you.
      #18   Report Post  
    Old 11-15-2012, 05:13 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by flickenmaste View Post

Everything you just said is WRONG. the enemies do have patterns and once you learn them, the game becomes a bit easy. and you don't have to grind at all if you get good enough at the game. haven't you seen the speed runs for this game? people beating it in less than a hour. poor controls? i'm not even gonna defend that. omg 2 hard 4 u xddddddddddd

Looking 4 Indie bundles? http://steamcommunity.com/groups/IndieBundleTracker
      #19   Report Post  
    Old 11-15-2012, 05:05 PM

It is fucking hard. And yes, 2hard4me, but aside from that, I hate the game as a whole,
    in fact the difficulty is the only aspect I enjoyed.
    CiT 600w PSU
    Generic CD/DVD drive
    Intel i3 2100 @ stock clock
    Xiagmatek Asgard case.
    Seagate 750gb HDD
    H61 mobo
    Dell stock keyboard (utterly shit)
    And a mouse.
      #20   Report Post  
    Old 11-16-2012, 11:25 AM

Bored the fuck out of me too. Found it non-intuitive and I dislike games that encourage brute force methods of completing them. I didn't feel the "triumph" or whatever whenever I beat bosses.

Also, brown.