Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Games

#1   Report Post  
    Old 11-14-2012, 12:49 AM

Default If you're not playing dark souls, I pity you.

I just bought dark souls yesterday and aside from the fact that you pretty much have to use a controller to play the game. It's absolutely brilliant.

If you're boycotting this game because "it's a horrible port" or "the developers were lazy" (in all honesty, I really see no problems with the port. There's no real pc settings but the game runs bug free and smooth. The resolution issue appears to be fixed as well) then the only person missing out is you. This is the type of game I see people on these forums begging for everyday.

It's brutally difficult, and probably one of the best RPGs I've played in a really long while. If you like to play video games and your sick of all the mainstream hand holding and spoon feeding buy it. Don't even hesitate it's awesome.

Badcompany 2- xJakex068

Specs:
    Windows 7 64bit
    Antech truepower 650 watt psu
    8 gb ram
    HIS Hd radeon 5770 OC'ed to 950 gpu clock/1350 memory clock
    Intel core i5 3570k
    gigabyte z77-d3h
    500 gb western digital hd
      #2   Report Post  
    Old 11-14-2012, 01:10 AM

Its combat is way too simplistic.

Soloing bosses in Vindictus is just as challenging but I find it much more interesting/fun. For example, in Vindictus, you get the option to change to "hero" difficulty where the bosses speed up as a mean of becoming more challenging in an action game. Much more interesting challenge compared to just doing more damage per hit, or deleting your character when you die.
    Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines. "This 2004 FPS-RPG has voice-acting, world, and replayability that stands up to or outright beats modern AAA classics like Bioshock, Mass Effect, and New Vegas."

Last edited by SSH83; 11-14-2012 at 01:21 AM.
      #3   Report Post  
    Old 11-14-2012, 03:25 AM

I have it for ps3 and despite the drop in frame rates in some parts i do feel it is very good but the boss fights are a big ridiculous because i hate doing them 50 times in a row. They kinda are unfair for the first 20 times until you get down there tactics... i'm currently stuck on the Four Kings.
      #4   Report Post  
    Old 11-14-2012, 04:55 AM

Send a message via AIM to Megazell Send a message via MSN to Megazell Send a message via Skype™ to Megazell

If you like video games and really hate hand holding play any Rougelike on the PC.
      #5   Report Post  
    Old 11-14-2012, 08:06 AM

Might be a good game, but it is still a horrible port (from what I hear). It actually sounds like the kind of game that I would enjoy, but until someone tells me that it runs OK on the PC I'm not considering it.
      #6   Report Post  
    Old 11-14-2012, 09:06 AM

I pity you all. I'm playing Towns.

#7   Report Post  
    Old 11-14-2012, 10:19 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by M_Mitchell View Post
    i'm currently stuck on the Four Kings.
    Once you beat them clowns you'll be doing yourself a favour by not giving the Lord vessel to Frampt at Firelink shrine but instead give it to Kaathe!

You will then be able to enter the Darkwraith covenent. This in turn gives you the ability to buy as many Cracked red eye orbs as you want..

...Which in another glorious turn gives you the ability to invade peoples games in your underpants, like I do. And without fear of loosing Orbs.

Invading peoples games in just your pants whilst wearing a sack on your head = Win.

Glad I could help!
      #8   Report Post  
    Old 11-14-2012, 03:38 PM

I haven't played the pc version but got it for 360 when it first released. i even bought the strategy guide which i rarely do but it was a good purchase imo. this was my favorite game of 2011. i got it in early october 2011 and bought skyrim the first day it was out which was like nov. 11th i think, and didn't even hardly play skyrim till well into december because i could not stop playing Dark Souls. It is one of the best rpgs i have ever played. so good that i plan on buying it again during the steam christmas sale. i would've gotten it this weekend when it was on sale but was broke

Looking 4 Indie bundles? http://steamcommunity.com/groups/IndieBundleTracker
      #9   Report Post  
    Old 11-14-2012, 05:52 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by doctor_roxo View Post
    i would've gotten it this weekend when it was on sale but was broke
    [url=http://www.zavvi.com/games/platforms/pc/dark-souls-prepare-to-die-edition/10605069.html]This is cheaper than the Steam sale[/url].
      #10   Report Post  
    Old 11-14-2012, 06:41 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by xJakex068 View Post
    I just bought dark souls yesterday and aside from the fact that you pretty much have to use a controller to play the game. It's absolutely brilliant.

If you're boycotting this game because "it's a horrible port" or "the developers were lazy" (in all honesty, I really see no problems with the port. There's no real pc settings but the game runs bug free and smooth. The resolution issue appears to be fixed as well) then the only person missing out is you. This is the type of game I see people on these forums begging for everyday.

It's brutally difficult, and probably one of the best RPGs I've played in a really long while. If you like to play video games and your sick of all the mainstream hand holding and spoon feeding buy it. Don't even hesitate it's awesome.
    Found it mind numbingly boring. Hated the controls, the story, the graphics, the combat, everything there is to hate, I hated. Pity the fuck out of me.
    CiT 600w PSU
    Generic CD/DVD drive
    Intel i3 2100 @ stock clock
    Xiagmatek Asgard case.
    Seagate 750gb HDD
    H61 mobo
    Dell stock keyboard (utterly shit)
    And a mouse.