Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Games

#41   Report Post  
    Old 11-14-2012, 02:31 AM
    Grand Inquisitor

Send a message via Skype™ to SAeN

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Millllls View Post
    but completely panning the game as a whole is not... It is actually possible to mention the differences in the review, whilst still appropriately rating the game based on its own merits
    When they make it a Hitman game, and call it Hitman, it is expected to play like a Hitman game, and therefore be judged as one. If it is a poor Hitman game, then it should be given a poor review. Simple.
      #42   Report Post  
    Old 11-14-2012, 04:12 AM
    Banned

Quote:
    the game has 7 reviews ranging from 8.7-9.0
    and 1 review scoring 6.2, from a reviewer so obviously biased..
    And how many of those are for the PC version, specifically? And we're not just talking tech here, there's a difference in what PC gamers expect as an audience in their games as well and similar factors to consider.

Quote:
    No way in hell is this game worse than K&L 1&2.. But apparently it is, because it's not BM..
    As has been pointed out in the thread, you're making the mistake of assuming scores live in this static field. There's a risk here at bringing up the score debate once again which is really a separate argument, but as has been said does a game that for example scored 94 ten years ago better than a 94 percent game today? The scale would have to bust through 100 if score concepts remained static.

Quote:
    If these freaking technical issues were such a massive problem, then how on earth did he even manage to effectively review the game at 15fps?
    This is just a case of you once again not reading the text properly: He says "I've played it on three machines, and on two that run Skyrim smoothly..."
      #43   Report Post  
    Old 11-14-2012, 04:38 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by JackRabbit View Post
    FYI, Fanboyism of any kind doesn't tend to go down well here.
    Tom Francis is an excellent reviewer and in no way should be fired.
    Your reference to Halo 4 reitterates my view that you are and X-Box fanboy.
    Come back when you have developed some objectivity.
    Spoken like a Francis fanboy.
      #44   Report Post  
    Old 11-14-2012, 07:05 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by The_B View Post
    And how many of those are for the PC version, specifically? And we're not just talking tech here, there's a difference in what PC gamers expect as an audience in their games as well and similar factors to consider.
    Indeed...

The PC-version of a game might suck on an epic level, while the console-version is the complete opposite. Sadly, we all know about the first one...
      #45   Report Post  
    Old 11-14-2012, 07:14 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by SAeN View Post
    I don't think we're getting angry, as of late I think we're just becoming inundated with stupidity.
    Hear hear! Hence the reason to post less and less!

PCG Game Club
    Steam

Also on Origin
      #46   Report Post  
    Old 11-14-2012, 10:31 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by The_B View Post

As has been pointed out in the thread, you're making the mistake of assuming scores live in this static field. There's a risk here at bringing up the score debate once again which is really a separate argument, but as has been said does a game that for example scored 94 ten years ago better than a 94 percent game today? The scale would have to bust through 100 if score concepts remained static.

This is just a case of you once again not reading the text properly: He says "I've played it on three machines, and on two that run Skyrim smoothly..."
    even if its not an identical game to Blood Money though, no way does the game itself deserve to be called 'a disaster' because it's not the same as BM..

and this little finisher you put down:
    'This is just a case of you once again not reading the text properly: He says "I've played it on three machines, and on two that run Skyrim smoothly...'

you realise it's actually a case of YOU not reading the text fully..
    the magazine says:

'i've played it on three machines, and two that run skyrim smoothly, it's almost unplayably sluggish: fifteen frames per second even on minimal graphics settings, with occasional freezes of a second or more, and level load times are over a minute'

which brings me back to my point: how can a reviewer effectively review a game running at 15 fps with occasional freezing?

and there are 2 other reviews for the pc version, and they havent had any problems at all.
    but seriously, try actually learning to read yourself before you suggest that I haven't been reading properly.... berk.
      #47   Report Post  
    Old 11-14-2012, 11:21 AM
    Grand Inquisitor

Send a message via Skype™ to SAeN

Quote:
    which brings me back to my point: how can a reviewer effectively review a game running at 15 fps with occasional freezing?

Are you suggesting that a review should be postponed because the game is broken?

Also, since you've broken out the snide comments, you should know that you are acting like a cunt, and doing so is a bannable offence on the forum.
      #48   Report Post  
    Old 11-14-2012, 11:30 AM

Quote:
    and doing so is a bananable offence on the forum.
    fixed, and quite rightly so..

Bend over Milllllls. Looks like Christmas came early for you...
      #49   Report Post  
    Old 11-14-2012, 12:00 PM

*sigh*

Lets summarize.

This review, one can't deny it is badly written, because the reviewer has written it in a biased fashion and with one eye closed from lack of play testing, unprofessional to say the least.
    All other magazines for various platforms wrote some good and bad points which all seem to be on par with one another, and only after much play testing which makes them more credible.

The game sounds like it may have some PC issues depending on what machine it is run on, and not all machines as it has worked fine on others (I can play morrowind on my integrated netbook but not some PS1 games) As everyone knows the pc is a harder platform to cater for as everyone will run different hardware roughly whereas a console has locked specs. But doesn't mean the pc deserves any less attention, and as the games developer has proven it cares about its product and pays attention to it's fans, therefore it's reasonable to assume pc problems will be patched eventually, especially as the game hasn't launched yet.

So lets stop arguing, and hope for the best.

If on release most/all of what this TF person said is true, then I'll give them their dues.
    If on release most/all of what this TF person said is incorrect, then is sits that they are a bad reviewer.

If after a month the pc has gotten no fixes, I guess IO don't care.
    If after a month the pc has gotten fixes, it seems IO does care.

Guten tag.
      #50   Report Post  
    Old 11-14-2012, 12:24 PM

Quote:
    Are you suggesting that a review should be postponed because the game is broken?

Also, since you've broken out the snide comments, you should know that you are acting like a cunt, and doing so is a bannable offence on the forum.
    i'm suggesting that it's impossible to effectively review a game/it's mechanics if you can't even run the game properly..
    And if he was indeed experiencing performance issues, much like he did with MP3, then clearly that's enough for him to completely pan the game.

yeah, atleast i'm not the one throwing around the c word boss..
    in essence, all I'm actually doing is disagreeing with people.. not 'acting like a cunt'
    Bannable offence... I'm terrified.
    You wouldn't be saying that if I was speaking the same way, but supporting TF..
    and pfft, I can't call somebody a berk? after being called an idiot, as well as having my reading capabilities brought into question by someone who can't even finish reading a fucking sentence.. just no.