Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Games

    Reply
     
    Thread Tools Display Modes
      #141   Report Post  
    Old 11-20-2012, 09:48 PM
    Palodin Palodin is offline
    Banned
     
    Join Date: Jun 2010
    Posts: 1,315
    Default

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by UKChris View Post
    So.. this is the first ever Hitman game I have played since the first, when I was very little so can't remember any of it ([url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-i5fwunYys[/url])

    I must say it is absolutely (punintendedlol) amazing! It's such a breath of fresh air compared to other games I play.. I can run on max settings 1080p on a medium rig so I don't get why people are complaining about the fps ??

    Sometimes yes the game feels a tiny bit clunky, but its just so beautifull, the first time I used the mark and shoot mechanism I was just :O for about ten minutes.. The number of ways throw levels is extremely complex too!

    Fuck what other people say, but for a new hitman player this game is a MUST buy!
    Now go play Blood Money and see if that opinion holds up. If it does, fair enough but I think you might change your mind.
    Reply With Quote
      #142   Report Post  
    Old 11-20-2012, 10:40 PM
    JackRabbit JackRabbit is offline
    Senior Member
     
    Join Date: Jun 2010
    Posts: 3,563
    Default

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by UKChris View Post
    So.. this is the first ever Hitman game I have played since the first, when I was very little so can't remember any of it ([url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-i5fwunYys[/url])

    I must say it is absolutely (punintendedlol) amazing! It's such a breath of fresh air compared to other games I play.. I can run on max settings 1080p on a medium rig so I don't get why people are complaining about the fps ??

    Sometimes yes the game feels a tiny bit clunky, but its just so beautifull, the first time I used the mark and shoot mechanism I was just :O for about ten minutes.. The number of ways throw levels is extremely complex too!

    Fuck what other people say, but for a new hitman player this game is a MUST buy!
    What other games do you play? You have claimed that Ablution is a breath of fresh air compared to other games you play. Compared to what? Are you comparing it to Kane and Lynch? Plumbers don't wear ties? X-Com?
    Reply With Quote
      #143   Report Post  
    Old 11-20-2012, 11:18 PM
    UKChris UKChris is offline
    Junior Member
     
    Join Date: Nov 2012
    Posts: 6
    Default

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JackRabbit View Post
    What other games do you play? You have claimed that Ablution is a breath of fresh air compared to other games you play. Compared to what? Are you comparing it to Kane and Lynch? Plumbers don't wear ties? X-Com?
    Total war and skyrim... lol. I don't get why people are pointing gun's at me when I've just said my own opinion :S
    Reply With Quote
      #144   Report Post  
    Old 11-20-2012, 11:27 PM
    JackRabbit JackRabbit is offline
    Senior Member
     
    Join Date: Jun 2010
    Posts: 3,563
    Default

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by UKChris View Post
    Total war and skyrim... lol. I don't get why people are pointing gun's at me when I've just said my own opinion :S
    You are comparing a third person shooter to a high strategy game. Ooooookay.
    So, if I buy Hitman: Ablution, and think it's shit, will you refund me the money I spent? Are you that confident in your opinion?
    Reply With Quote
      #145   Report Post  
    Old 11-20-2012, 11:27 PM
    SAeN SAeN is offline
    Grand Inquisitor
     
    Join Date: Jun 2010
    Location: Dundee
    Posts: 2,957
    Send a message via Skype™ to SAeN
    Default

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by UKChris View Post
    Total war and skyrim... lol. I don't get why people are pointing gun's at me when I've just said my own opinion :S
    They aren't pointing guns, they're just trying to get a baseline so they know how much they should value your opinion/feedback.
    Reply With Quote
      #146   Report Post  
    Old 11-20-2012, 11:37 PM
    UKChris UKChris is offline
    Junior Member
     
    Join Date: Nov 2012
    Posts: 6
    Default

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JackRabbit View Post
    You are comparing a third person shooter to a high strategy game. Ooooookay.
    So, if I buy Hitman: Ablution, and think it's shit, will you refund me the money I spent? Are you that confident in your opinion?
    that will be the last time I post on this forum then. thanks.
    Reply With Quote
      #147   Report Post  
    Old 11-20-2012, 11:38 PM
    Lonwol Lonwol is offline
    Senior Member
     
    Join Date: Feb 2011
    Posts: 669
    Default

    chris go play blood money and be amazed
    Reply With Quote
      #148   Report Post  
    Old 11-20-2012, 11:56 PM
    Scaramoosh Scaramoosh is offline
    Senior Member
     
    Join Date: Jul 2010
    Posts: 1,185
    Default

    My friend bought it and it keeps crashing for him and forcing him to replay a tutorial level he said so he uninstalled because he cannot be bothered to go through it again lol.
    Reply With Quote
      #149   Report Post  
    Old 11-21-2012, 12:06 AM
    The_B The_B is offline
    Banned
     
    Join Date: Jun 2010
    Location: Being eaten by a Grue
    Posts: 1,283
    Default

    UKChris, I wouldn't take people questioning your opinion too harshly - most of folks responses here are just genuine discussion even if it is a little passive/aggressive.
    Reply With Quote
      #150   Report Post  
    Old 11-21-2012, 06:59 AM
    Leemstradamus Leemstradamus is offline
    Member
     
    Join Date: May 2011
    Location: Federal Way, WA
    Posts: 84
    Default

    Well I got to play the first level before I left for work. I played it on my HTPC rig with my 360 controller. The graphics are gorges and I had no crash to desktop during that session. I ran the game on max settings with 4x MSAA and only a few times did the frame rate drop into the 30s. Their were a few times that the controller lagged, but nothing all that bad.

    Like I said before, I haven't really played the series that much. Maybe once like ten years ago no lie. I enjoyed the opening mission a lot. Any questions I'll post back later.
    __________________
    Main Rig
    i7 3770k @ 4.4ghz | Z77 sabertooth | 2x GTX 680 4gb SLI | 16gb 2133mhz ram | 120gb force 3 ssd (programs) 256 force pro ssd (games) 120gb vertex ssd (game captures) | 2 + 4tb hdd | 2x DVD- RW | X-Fi Fatality | 1000w PSU | Cosmos 2 case

    HTPC Rig
    i7 960 @ 4.0ghz | SLI GTX 580's | 12gb DDR3 1600MHZ Ram | GA-X58-UD5 | F60 ssd | force 3 120gb SSD (for games) | 2tb HDD | 4tb HDD (DVR) | infini TV quad tuner | blu-ray RW | 850w PSU | DH-103 case
    Reply With Quote
    Reply

    Thread Tools
    Display Modes

    Posting Rules
    You may not post new threads
    You may not post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is On
    HTML code is Off

    Forum Jump