Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Games

#121   Report Post  
    Old 11-19-2012, 07:18 AM

wow.

i'm beginning to think this is one dude.... or at least from the same gene pool.

It's telling, from a purely psychological viewpoint, that the two(?!) most vociferous defenders of the game are people who have clearly admitted to never playing it. There is a very obvious issue with this, which you'd think would be obvious to them....

Secondly, in the case of mega muffin, it's interesting that he brings up the purist mode after the embargo was lifted. I.e. from reading other reviews- so again, the position is not based on 'fact' per say, but on the opinion's of other reviewers. Their only claim to being a better authority on the game? An aligned opinion....

Just as an aside to the new posters- welcome. It's always good to have new traffic through the site, and it should be encouraged, but just so that you're aware: the PCGUK demographic is a lot older than the console demographic. I think our average age is early thirties, whereas the console is early twenties [/pullfiguresfromass]. As such we're generally a bit more considered, and less likely to fly off on one (obvious exceptions abound).

This is why many of us are being, shall we say, resistant to 'your' position and your arguments for the time being.

Also- pie.

-------
    An irreverent look at gaming, and film; www.TheFunTurret.com
      #122   Report Post  
    Old 11-19-2012, 07:20 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by greenbeermonkey View Post
    Loving the Bullseye reference! Quite apt in a Hitman thread!

aaaaaaaathankyou. I'm here all week.

iiiiiiiiiiiiiinone.

-------
      #123   Report Post  
    Old 11-19-2012, 07:22 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Spatula View Post
    As such we're generally a bit more considered, and less likely to fly off on one (obvious exceptions abound).
    !!!! ABSOLUTION IS AN AMAZING GAME !!!!

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YersIyzsOpc[/url]
      #124   Report Post  
    Old 11-19-2012, 07:32 AM

.... i won't say it.... i just won't say it...... :-)

-------
      #125   Report Post  
    Old 11-19-2012, 04:03 PM

Amazing game!! Incredible
      #126   Report Post  
    Old 11-19-2012, 04:08 PM

Well, despite some legit concerns that have been brought up by some reviewers, there seems to be enough "goodies" to be had for me to hang onto my pre-order of Hitman. I'll decide for myself if this game is "cool" or not, and if it sucks, well.... I'll be out of $50.
      #127   Report Post  
    Old 11-19-2012, 04:15 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Spatula View Post
    wow.

i'm beginning to think this is one dude.... or at least from the same gene pool.

It's telling, from a purely psychological viewpoint, that the two(?!) most vociferous defenders of the game are people who have clearly admitted to never playing it. There is a very obvious issue with this, which you'd think would be obvious to them....

Secondly, in the case of mega muffin, it's interesting that he brings up the purist mode after the embargo was lifted. I.e. from reading other reviews- so again, the position is not based on 'fact' per say, but on the opinion's of other reviewers. Their only claim to being a better authority on the game? An aligned opinion....

Just as an aside to the new posters- welcome. It's always good to have new traffic through the site, and it should be encouraged, but just so that you're aware: the PCGUK demographic is a lot older than the console demographic. I think our average age is early thirties, whereas the console is early twenties [/pullfiguresfromass]. As such we're generally a bit more considered, and less likely to fly off on one (obvious exceptions abound).

This is why many of us are being, shall we say, resistant to 'your' position and your arguments for the time being.

Also- pie.
    Well stated sir..........
      #128   Report Post  
    Old 11-19-2012, 04:28 PM
    Banned

Personal hat on again - one thing I don't get are the people attacking Tom for saying that the game being bad because it's trying to be different from Blood Money. The thing is, as far as I can tell, none of Tom's points on the changes are criticising it for changes' sake. He points out the changes that he feels don't work as well and says why, not just "because it's not Blood Money."
      #129   Report Post  
    Old 11-19-2012, 05:03 PM

gosh, this is turning into one entertaining thread. Full of exciting arguments and comedy.
      #130   Report Post  
    Old 11-20-2012, 12:56 AM

Phew, I managed to get a refund for Hitman three hours before release. I consider myself lucky.