Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Off topic

#71   Report Post  
    Old 11-18-2012, 08:56 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Belimawr View Post
    you are why they have a section of the path clearly marked as a cycle path, then the idiots ride a foot to the right of it on the road then moan about car getting to close.
    I;m not saying we shouldn't use them (I use them) rather that they don't mean you can forget all road sense when on them. Where I live the road isn't always wide enough so cars are often in the cycle lane.
    “There has seldom if ever been a shortage of eager young males prepared to kill and die to preserve the security, comfort and prejudices of their elders, and what you call heroism is just an expression of this simple fact; there is never a scarcity of idiots.” - Ian Banks
      #72   Report Post  
    Old 11-18-2012, 09:08 PM

In my opinion cyclists should have registration plates and insurance.

If they bang into you at lights you cant get money out of them damaging you.
      #73   Report Post  
    Old 11-18-2012, 10:07 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Daniel View Post
    I;m not saying we shouldn't use them (I use them) rather that they don't mean you can forget all road sense when on them. Where I live the road isn't always wide enough so cars are often in the cycle lane.
    the main one that annoys me is along the beach near me they widened the path to basically twice it's width (so put up with road works on a main road for months) made one half cycle lane and one half foot path clearly marked it and sign posted it but the idiots still ride on the road rather than the foot path wide cycle lane that is off the road.
      #74   Report Post  
    Old 11-19-2012, 12:09 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by rizla View Post
    Step aside piston lovers (M3RV knew this was coming i bet LMFAO )
    About time, was wondering when you where going to show up in this thread
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by rizla View Post
    you don't need a "V8 yank tank" to get bad MPG.. i can do that in a 1.3
    Helps if you keep your foot off the accelerator.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by BetaWolf47 View Post
    I think the real reason we're a dying breed is because we have trouble breeding.
      #75   Report Post  
    Old 11-19-2012, 08:45 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Belimawr View Post
    that would depend if you ride on the road, but then I shout at cyclists when they ride on the road as they are normally riding on the road next to a path a cycle lane, they need a law that they are legal to run over if they are too stupid to use the lanes designed to protect them from traffic.
    Bicycles are allowed in regular traffic lanes - they are traffic. Autos are not allowed in the bicycle lanes. Please try to learn the rules of the road - it's rather inconsiderate to drive without bothering to learn them.
      #76   Report Post  
    Old 11-19-2012, 09:13 AM
    Grand Inquisitor

Send a message via Skype™ to SAeN

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mr. Strange View Post
    Bicycles are allowed in regular traffic lanes - they are traffic. Autos are not allowed in the bicycle lanes. Please try to learn the rules of the road - it's rather inconsiderate to drive without bothering to learn them.
    Belim is aware that cyclists have a right to be on the road, but cyclists should try to adhere to cycle lanes, or to roads that are part of the cycle network, when at all possible
      #77   Report Post  
    Old 11-19-2012, 11:36 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mr. Strange View Post
    so you think someone is right in the head when you would rather ride on the road instead of using the nice safe cycle path? interesting....
      #78   Report Post  
    Old 11-19-2012, 11:49 AM
    Grand Inquisitor

Send a message via Skype™ to SAeN

I'm off the mind that you shouldn't be cycling on the road if you can't/aren't:

A: Maintain a minimum speed
    B: On a road Bike
    C: Are unconfident

That said, cycle paths/Lanes aren't always immediately obvious, and they often aren't there.
      #79   Report Post  
    Old 11-19-2012, 12:01 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by SAeN View Post
    That said, cycle paths/Lanes aren't always immediately obvious, and they often aren't there.
    this one I'm talking about is, there is a sign for it on every lamp post, actual road markings on it at every crossing, pictures of bikes on it quite often, it is tarmac and slightly lower than the main pedestrian path, really if you can't tell it's a cycle lane you needs your eyes testing and shouldnt be on the road anyway.
      #80   Report Post  
    Old 11-19-2012, 09:14 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by SAeN View Post
    I'm off the mind that you shouldn't be cycling on the road if you can't/aren't:

A: Maintain a minimum speed
    B: On a road Bike
    C: Are unconfident

B So I shouldn't be on a rode on my mountain bike? Isn't that a tad stupid?
    C How are you going to get more confident without going on the roads?
    “There has seldom if ever been a shortage of eager young males prepared to kill and die to preserve the security, comfort and prejudices of their elders, and what you call heroism is just an expression of this simple fact; there is never a scarcity of idiots.” - Ian Banks