Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Off topic

#11   Report Post  
    Old 11-11-2012, 02:41 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Slow View Post
    So many nice and fast cars to be had in america and canada
    Powerful, yes, fast, no. They can't go round corners for shit like European and Asian cars can.
      #12   Report Post  
    Old 11-11-2012, 02:45 PM

@bel yeah, it's Ben solid so far, but the niggling little things are starting to cost. Last two m.o.t.'s cost me the value of the car to get it to pass (suspension brushes, tyres, 2 discs etc).

Looking for a replacement, but given the boy I have zero money.....

-------
    An irreverent look at gaming, and film; www.TheFunTurret.com
      #13   Report Post  
    Old 11-11-2012, 02:50 PM

Quote:
    So many nice and fast cars to be had in america and canada

In the uk were stuck to like 1.8l for normal cars.

Looking at getting a 04 citroen c2 for the cheap insurance =/

Paid £2700 for my first years insurance at 17 third party fire and theft.
    I paid £1200 fully comp for my first year at 17, is a lot to be said for insurance thinking because it has a Volvo badge it wont be drove fast, end of the day a 1.8 is a 1.8, but then the reason my insurance has always stayed low is I've never actually been done for speeding.
      #14   Report Post  
    Old 11-11-2012, 03:15 PM

This thread makes me miss my MX-5 Monza Ltd edition in british racing green, was so much fun. But families, now I have a VW Polo 1.4 sport (yea... sporty 1.4... basically means it has alloys as stock XD)

One day, when I have money and such, I'll get a fun car again

Followz me on ze twitterz - @ctrlphr34k
      #15   Report Post  
    Old 11-11-2012, 03:33 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by jon_hill987 View Post
    Powerful, yes, fast, no. They can't go round corners for shit like European and Asian cars can.
    You'd be surprised ( no that is not me, just my twin )

[url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCbQqYDSF4U[/url]

And that's all stock, which fox's are known for having crappy k members, and bad body flex.

And the autocross, is actually really big with american made cars. Not denying that foreign cars can't swing cause I do love me some 4 Bangers here and there IF they are done right.

Last edited by thehiddencheese; 11-11-2012 at 03:37 PM.
      #16   Report Post  
    Old 11-11-2012, 04:35 PM

Was all that squealing really necessary to get round that corner so slowly? :P
      #17   Report Post  
    Old 11-11-2012, 04:52 PM

also that mustang is pretty much just a cortina.

generally american cars are heavy as hell so they are often crap off the line and round the bends, give them a straight and they can win. I actually raced a few of the new mustang GT's off the line for the first few second your ahead then you hit about 40+ and get over took, but then once you hit 80+ you pass them again because with cars like that the majority are scared to go close to 70 never mind past it.

it's the same as the boy racers who get their cars all kitted out then drive like little old women because they get pulled over every time they pass a cop car, get a supposed family car and you can get away with pretty much anything.
      #18   Report Post  
    Old 11-11-2012, 05:18 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Belimawr View Post
    also that mustang is pretty much just a cortina.

generally american cars are heavy as hell so they are often crap off the line and round the bends, give them a straight and they can win. I actually raced a few of the new mustang GT's off the line for the first few second your ahead then you hit about 40+ and get over took, but then once you hit 80+ you pass them again because with cars like that the majority are scared to go close to 70 never mind past it.

it's the same as the boy racers who get their cars all kitted out then drive like little old women because they get pulled over every time they pass a cop car, get a supposed family car and you can get away with pretty much anything.
    Yea but you're talking about a 40 year old car compared to a modified new car. That's what some people don't seem to get when they talk about domestic vs. import.

Now if your talking about a new Stock V6 Mustang/Camaro vs A Stock 2012 Honda/Toyota at the track. Judge its handling on the corners they are both going to perform generally the same.

It takes money to make a car autocross worthy ,domestic or foreign. Its just cheaper to put the money in a new car that already has most of the current technology in it.
      #19   Report Post  
    Old 11-11-2012, 06:01 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Belimawr View Post

Why i was tempted to get a volvo 940.... 2.3l turbo which beats most cars in the uk
      #20   Report Post  
    Old 11-11-2012, 06:14 PM

Quote:
    Why i was tempted to get a volvo 940.... 2.3l turbo which beats most cars in the uk
    The trouble with that is if they see a younger chap driving it alone they assume it was stolen and pull you over.