Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Play with PC Gamer > World of Warcraft Guild (EU) > Raids and Events > Team Win

#1   Report Post  
    Old 11-03-2012, 11:39 AM

Default Raid report 01/11/12

On raid:
    Goffik, Steelhide, Leegund, Gluggie, Ayumis, Barks, Bimble, Jecaa, Wyrmy, Dooks
    asked to sit out - Windblown
    I subbed Leegund out and Bullshifter in after 1st boss.

Stone guard - we 1-shot this with Steelhide tanking it for the first time. Everything ewas easier than the previous weeks. Our dps was up about 15%, healers had mana to spare, tanking was smooth and clean - those purple circles are so easy to avoid, and with no flame chains it was very straightforward.

Am hoping the change to 10-man flame-chains next week means we dont get sent back to square 1.
    Either way very good work everyone.

Next boss if Fenggggg!
    I'll be honest, we were rubbish at the Shroud mechanic - i've sent the tanks to go and do some homework on it and am hearing good things, so we should have this better on monday.
    Phase2 was a pain but we got though it consistently - I'll start working up a proper cooldown-rotation to make it a bit smoother for us.
    Phase3 looks doable - we only really saw it once and we got him down to 15million with 5 players down so things dont look too bad.

Hoping to smack it on monday, so please read up on the 3rd boss - voodoo totem man (I think that's his offical name).

Loots:
    Ayumis and goffik both got loots - GRTZ!
    Special mention to goff for not killing doing LFR and still showing you can perform in a raid! Also goff, do LFR and get some gear

and we also got 2 patterns - cloth healy gloves(c/o Bimble) and tanky plate chest (c/o Steelhide)
      #2   Report Post  
    Old 11-03-2012, 02:39 PM

macro here for for the shroud of reversal

/tar NameOfTheTank
    /click ExtraActionButton1
    /targetlasttarget

from what i have read why we kept getting the wrong spell was that if the tank is to close the fists spell will go over the tank and not stun him so you will end up with lightning lash not fists
      #3   Report Post  
    Old 11-03-2012, 05:18 PM

Gratz guys! The Shroud of Reversal mechanic is kind of fiddly - you can just heal through every second Epicenter and use Nullification on the others, though obviously that puts more pressure on the healers.

And phase 3 is pretty brutal until you get the spacing and movement timing down. Phase 2 is easier overall, I think - if you're losing people, look to the positioning of the fire patches. Make sure, if you're dropping a fire patch, it's not too near the raid or an existing patch, and make sure you don't let the fire hit you when the boss sucks it back in.
      #4   Report Post  
    Old 11-03-2012, 08:10 PM

Gz on Stone Guards.

Our tanks can attest to how iffy the Shroud of Reversal mechanic is. Dodge can even cause it not to work from what they were saying.
    One other thing to watch in P2 of Feng. Make sure no-one walks through the fire as any hits will multiply the fire and make Draw Breath more painful.
    Also mages, do not forget that Ice Block is great for getting rid of Arcane Resonance