Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Play with PC Gamer > Eve Online > General Discussion

#1   Report Post  
    Old 11-06-2012, 05:22 PM

Default Future rebalancing in Eve

Hi folks

[URL="http://community.eveonline.com/devblog.asp?a=blog&nbid=73530"]http://community.eveonline.com/devblog.asp?a=blog&nbid=73530[/URL]

Here's the latest dev blog about what's happening after Retribution comes out in December. Something to note is what's going to happen to the Destroyer and Battlecruiser skills.

They are being split up into racial variants so for example the Proph, Harb and Oracle will now need amarr cruiser IV and amarr battlecruiser. The upshot of this is that you really really want to train up all four racial cruiser skills to III and then get the current generic battlecruiser skill to V asap. This way you train one level V skill and get all four when the change comes. I imagine the other Vets will back me up when I say that Battlecruisers V is one of the most useful skills you can ever train.

Note you only get the racial skill if you had the prerequiste skill trained first, frigate for destroyers and cruiser for battlecruiser so to get all four racial skills you need to train all four frigate and cruiser skills up before the change happens.

"There is no such thing as an effective segment of totality" Bruce Lee - The only man with a Chuck Norris Killmail
      #2   Report Post  
    Old 11-06-2012, 07:28 PM

I did it 3 months ago... Never used the galente cruiser skill since, but batllecruisers V and destroyers V were.

I don't like how destroyers and battlecrusiers are becoming non optional, though I like that cap ships aren't going to need battleships V. After this wormholling trip I'm going on, I may just purchase an archon for the future.

As a side note, Nawwwhhhh little Piren'e all grown up and getting his own carrier.
    Gelid tranquillo rev 2
    8gb corsair vengenceLP
    xfx core 7850 2gb
    Asus zonar DG
    550w xfx pro
    antec three hundred
    Some crappy dvd drive and a collection of hard drives
    21.5 inch BenQ 1080p screen

Laptop
    Hp pavilion g6 with:
    A4-3300 apu with HD6370 gpu
    4 gb of ddr3 ram
    640gb hdd
    Some other crap

HTC one X uk/euro
      #3   Report Post  
    Old 11-06-2012, 08:43 PM

All Tier 2 BCs will lose a slot; all tier 1 BCs bar the Cyclone will gain a slot with 17 slots :/ not sure how i feel about that. (hope drake loses a hight )
      #4   Report Post  
    Old 11-07-2012, 08:56 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Cecil Montague View Post
    Hi folks

The upshot of this is that you really really want to train up all four racial cruiser skills to III and then get the current generic battlecruiser skill to V asap.

Note you only get the racial skill if you had the prerequiste skill trained first, frigate for destroyers and cruiser for battlecruiser so to get all four racial skills you need to train all four frigate and cruiser skills up before the change happens.
    Why do I need the cruiser III skills first? I have BC V but not all racial cruiser III variants? Is this a problem?

Does this also mean without having the racial frigate skills at III, dessy V does nor allow me to get post-retribution racial dessy V automatically?

Confused,
    (Eve Online)
    ... working on an Eve explorer career right now
      #5   Report Post  
    Old 11-08-2012, 05:08 PM

From what the Dev blog says you need to have the cruiser prerequisite for that race for it to count. If you only had amarr cruiser III and BC V you would only get Amarr Battlecruiser V not any of the other races. At least that's the way I've read it.

"There is no such thing as an effective segment of totality" Bruce Lee - The only man with a Chuck Norris Killmail