Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Play with PC Gamer > Eve Online > General Discussion

#1   Report Post  
    Old 11-07-2012, 08:49 PM

Default Taking PCGE Industry to the next level

Ladies and Gents,

We've had a lot of success and engagement from the Corp in the last few weeks to bring it out of it's summer slumber and get some momentum built up in the form of Mining ops, RvB Ganked roams, new members, old members coming back etc.

We need to keep focusing on how we both keep our Corp members engaged with regular activities and how we find new exciting things for them to do.

I keep thinking about the mining ops and how we create a sense of achievement and a goal for the ore we mine. The Orca project has pulled the Corp together and thoughts of a second one and a Freighter seem to really motivate people. I'll post this idea, and then we can use this thread as a discussion point to draw in ideas and decide whether we want to take it forward.

Let's theorise that we have an Industry Wing. Not a division in the Corp, but an entity that manages industry. Specifically something that rewards and encourages players to carry out mining and construction in the name of the Corp.

Lets take the example, that for 1 million units of Tritanium deposited into the Corp Industry wing, you earn 100 PCGE Tokens.

Maybe the construction of a capital ship component earns you 10 tokens. Maybe recruiting a new player into the Corp earns you 500 tokens. And another 500 for every 6 months they stay.

Let's also theorise that the cost of say a Drake, is perhaps 500 tokens, and this puts the Drake order into the Industry wing, for the shipyard to begin work on.

Maybe an Orca is 5000 tokens, etc etc. Maybe getting a kill onto the Corp killboard earns you 100 tokens.

Initially this would probably manifest itself as an Excel spreadsheet (or other simple database), that would be visible through the forum, but could evolve into a PCGE Industry Website. Need to take some advice on how we would do that....

It would be interesting to see a developing mini ecosystem with people putting orders into the Corp for ships, a group building those ships with materials provided from a second group that are mining.

It would also be good to collect some stats such as who is the highest producer, biggest ore miner (maybe award something monthly) . Maybe even have Corp achievements.

So - thoughts? could we make this work? more importantly would anyone be interested? Right now the Corp is the customer for the Orca we're building, but it would be nice to track (and reward) who contributed what. I get the feeling it would be more satisfying to own a ship made by PCGE...

Discuss!

Core

World of Warcraft:
    Healstorm, Steamwheedle Cartel
    Igore, Darkmoon Faire
      #2   Report Post  
    Old 11-07-2012, 09:20 PM

Hi Core,
    good idea but we really need to discuss this further.
    I think the idea has pros and cons.

Pro: good incentives, steering mechanism, possibility for members to support corp on different levels

Con: corp members seeing corp support solely as business opportunity, bean counter danger, which activities should be included, which not? capitalistic corp development .. not that it must be a bad idea .. to be capitalistic .. and how is doing the bean-counting?

I have the feeling it is a brilliant idea to create this incentive for developing the mining/industry/logistics/PI wings of the corp. This is all very business directed and it provides straight-forward motivation.

I feel however to keep other corp activities like recruitment and PVP out of this contribution/reward scheme because of different dynamics. It would be better to discuss alternative rewards for different corp activities.

For example, a number honorable kill board entries: A new shiny PVP ship
    Stepping up to corp service like leading roams or other activities: promotion and decoration
    etc. etc.

Just my first quick thoughts. Open for discussion.

Cheers,

PS: For re-organising the various corp wings, we need to check our [URL="http://www.pcgamer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15028"]corp organisation google spreadsheet[/URL] to see if member assignments are still actual.
    (Eve Online)
    ... working on an Eve explorer career right now

Last edited by HoloDoc; 11-07-2012 at 09:23 PM.
      #3   Report Post  
    Old 11-08-2012, 07:06 PM

Core

I like the idea generally but agree with the idea that mixing PVP and recruitment with more isk related activities such as mining and manufacture would create a difficult to manage micro-economy.

How about instead of having a reward for every activity we offer monthly awards in different categories. These awards could then transfer benefits such as 5% off the price of a PCGE manufactured ship or the like for a limited time.

You could have awards in different categories that are tailored to different skill levels to stop the same people (i.e. the vets) dominating the awards. Some could be specific like most ore mined but some could be more subjective like most helpful corp member of the month.

Ultimately I like the feeling I get from helping out the corp whenever I can and I think we need to try and keep that as the main motivation wherever possible as opposed to doing for isk gain.

Karadis
      #4   Report Post  
    Old 11-09-2012, 08:36 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by HoloDoc View Post
    PS: For re-organising the various corp wings, we need to check our [URL="http://www.pcgamer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15028"]corp organisation google spreadsheet[/URL] to see if member assignments are still actual.
    I'm guessing not, neither of my characters are even on there.

aka Tanal Yathvanar
      #5   Report Post  
    Old 11-24-2012, 02:12 PM

I think that based on the relatively low amount of responses we'e had to this thread, we don't have the dedicated player base yet to carry out something like this. Maybe something to aspire to in the future.

I think both Sam and Karadis have made some good points about keeping PvP separate from Industry activities.

There's a great suggestion in Sam's post about offering Ships as rewards for PvP kills. Be good to see someone take that forward.

Thanks all,

Core

World of Warcraft:
    Healstorm, Steamwheedle Cartel
    Igore, Darkmoon Faire