Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Games

#11   Report Post  
    Old 10-28-2012, 11:02 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by doctor_roxo View Post
    usually in these cases i assume the woman is lying.
    From my experience with female workers, it's usually massively exaggerating so I wouldn't call it lying, most likely she just went waaay overboard. The lawsuit mentioned he "touched her hair" . I think that says it all really.
      #12   Report Post  
    Old 10-28-2012, 04:02 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Red_Avatar View Post
    From my experience with female workers, it's usually massively exaggerating so I wouldn't call it lying, most likely she just went waaay overboard. The lawsuit mentioned he "touched her hair" . I think that says it all really.
    On her head or...?
      #13   Report Post  
    Old 10-29-2012, 11:47 AM

I thought this was the 21st century, it seems the attitudes of some people is stuck in the 70s.

There was a large thread about the CEO of Stardock

[url]http://www.pcgamer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20876&highlight=stardock[/url]

he pretty much admitted in his emails that he is a complete douche. He coutersued the woman that sued him for wrecking the Elemental game (she was in the marketing department) which just goes to show that he is an even bigger douche.

Amazing how the behaviour of some people can be rationalized when they give away free stuff.
      #14   Report Post  
    Old 10-30-2012, 07:23 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Marleigh View Post
    I thought this was the 21st century, it seems the attitudes of some people is stuck in the 70s.

There was a large thread about the CEO of Stardock

[url]http://www.pcgamer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20876&highlight=stardock[/url]

he pretty much admitted in his emails that he is a complete douche. He coutersued the woman that sued him for wrecking the Elemental game (she was in the marketing department) which just goes to show that he is an even bigger douche.

Amazing how the behaviour of some people can be rationalized when they give away free stuff.
    Of course he's an asshole, but if you read it all, you'll see that she was largely to blame as well by waiting far too long to draw a line and letting him do this stuff and the things she complained about was pretty damn meek if you ask me. As I said before, in a work environment there's a LOT of banter going on - and a lot of it is pushing things very far but among colleagues, it's considered to be done for a laugh. If you play along and don't speak out, it's assumed that you don't mind what's going on. If you feel that you don't belong there because you don't share that attitude, you have to find a different job.
      #15   Report Post  
    Old 10-30-2012, 08:29 PM

Send a message via AIM to Lightingbird Send a message via MSN to Lightingbird Send a message via Yahoo to Lightingbird Send a message via Skype™ to Lightingbird

So is this new game good?
      #16   Report Post  
    Old 10-31-2012, 12:21 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Lightingbird View Post
    So is this new game good?
    What? You don't want to talk about a sex scandal!? Harrumph!!

Yeah, the game seems to be pretty good. I haven't played Age of Wonders but I certainly do see a lot of GalCiv2 in this game. Not only can you customize your own side, you can also customize your enemies. You can cuztomize your units, too, along the lines of both GalCiv and Alpha Centauri. Also, as in GalCiv2, the graphics are mighty weak. Ah well, can't have everything.

I guess last week was redemption week in PC Gaming. Not only did this come out to restore Stardock's reputation, so did Sword of the Stars 2's 'all clear'. Throw in XCom and turn based gaming is suddenly all over the place!
    ...the Law [of Fives] is: All phenomena are directly or indirectly related to the number five, and this relationship can always be demonstrated, given enough ingenuity on the part of the demonstrator.
    --- Hagbard Celine in the Illuminati series
      #17   Report Post  
    Old 10-31-2012, 05:50 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Zloth View Post
    I haven't played Age of Wonders but I certainly do see a lot of GalCiv2 in this game.
    Call the police and have him arrested!
      #18   Report Post  
    Old 10-31-2012, 04:39 PM

I went to stardocks website ONCE ever, after reading this thread. I am on a pure fresh install of windows and it was one of my first actions. Since then I have received 2 spam emails from them. Stardock sucks.
      #19   Report Post  
    Old 10-31-2012, 05:03 PM

Are you on Hotmail?
      #20   Report Post  
    Old 10-31-2012, 10:09 PM

That's pretty awesome, it's nice to see that Stardock cares about their customers.