Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Play with PC Gamer > World of Warcraft Guild (EU) > Raids and Events > Team Awesome

#1   Report Post  
    Old 01-30-2013, 08:31 AM

Default Raid Report 29/01/13

Attendees:
    Tanks: Slim and Doom
    Healers: Sid, Slash, Arcahaz and Barks
    Melee: Meki
    Ranged: Zalid, Noheels, Ayumis and Aphaeas

Thanks to all of those who came and helped us out last night.

We went back to Garalon with an Awesome/Win collaboration and we didn't so too badly.

Our first attempt saw us hit the enrage timer at 19%, everything went perfectly, we just needed to boost out DPS.
    The Archaz had some internet problems so we kicked him and Barks came and healed for us. Just so you know Akee, Barks is now a pro at kiting pheremones!

We had Barks, myself, Zalid and Ayumis kiting the pheremones, noheels and meki on the legs and slim tankign in his dps spec and gear.
    We had a few very good attempts. We have this fight down to an absolute tee now but we need to push our DPS a shade harder. If we had a full healing team I would have considered using 2 healers and then we would have probably killed him, but with Barks learning the pheremone kiting we needed support from the third healer. It also meant that any silly mistakes were easily rectified as we had extra healing power.

Our final and best attempt saw him at 9% and our DPS was not the highest it had been all night, plus we lost a hunter early on, affecting his DPS, despite a ress. The healing team were absolutely spot on, the tanks knew exactly what they were doing and tactically we can't do any better. We simply need to push our DPS numbers that little bit harder. I found as the night went on my DPS got better as I managed to multi-dot more of the legs so I think with a bit of practice and perhaps some gear from MSV we will see this guy die very shortly.

As you all know I am now taking a week off. I may well make an appearence on Tuesday depending on work. If I do and we have our full healing team available I will consider two healing Garalon just to give us the extra DPS. We would then 5 kite the pheremones, only stacking to 15 so its less work for the two healers.

Good luck this week. I have no doubt that you will get everything cleared up to Garalon fairly quickly and there is no reason he shouldn't die this week.
      #2   Report Post  
    Old 01-30-2013, 11:21 AM

It was a good night, thanks for taking me along.

Picked up some good tips like starting with a healer kiting for added DPS on legs, amongst other things.

I think rather than trying to 2 heal it I would suggest 3 healing with 2 healers kiting and with the added DPS you should kill it quite easy.

It might be 6 and half a dozen really but I would imagine 5 people kiting will lower your DPS.
      #3   Report Post  
    Old 01-30-2013, 12:01 PM

Possibly. Obviously, whilst you are kiting the pheremones you are DPSing but I understand that it probably isn't as high as it would be if you were standing still.

I don't think 2 healing would be a problem for us but it depends on your raid set up etc. If we had Panda and Sid on a raid healing I would happily two heal it as I know Archaz can DPS and sid and panda have high heals (plus priests are OP).
      #4   Report Post  
    Old 01-30-2013, 01:04 PM

Its certainly an interesting idea, I take it you would have all DPS as the 5 kiters or would the tanks take a couple?
      #5   Report Post  
    Old 01-30-2013, 01:27 PM

All DPS. The only reason we ever use the tanks is to take the first pheremone so that we can then bloodlust, blow cooldowns and have all DPS hitting the boss/legs as much as possible.
      #6   Report Post  
    Old 01-30-2013, 02:09 PM

cool, hopefully that's the magic combo for you
      #7   Report Post  
    Old 01-30-2013, 02:11 PM

Thinking about it, one of the people in the rotation might have to be healer, unless you only have one person focussing on the legs (which doesn't sound right).

2 tanks
    2 dps on legs
    1 healer
    4 dps and 1 healer kiting

I will need to read some tacs for 2 healing garalon, I know it is possible.
      #8   Report Post  
    Old 01-30-2013, 04:00 PM

Sounds like you did pretty well - I'd already considerd having a tank or healer kite the first pheremone phase, so you get to maximise BL dps. Only thing we havent tried is a plate dps as a 2nd tank. Might get steel to try it in his dps gear and see how we do
      #9   Report Post  
    Old 01-30-2013, 05:30 PM

We use both tanks kite the pheromones first so there rotation is done and out the way and can concentrate on just soaking after that.

use 2 healers to kite also so dps could focus on boss.

You should have no probs keeping people alive etc with 2 healers, as over all you take less dmg due to more raid dmg.

Healers will find it a little intense at first but after that u will do fine

gl and hf
      #10   Report Post  
    Old 01-30-2013, 08:44 PM

2 healing looks doable. I mean we had no trouble keeping people alive last night with three and I'm in full blues - so 2 well geared healers should be fine.

Reading around it seems like everyone uses healers to kite the pheromones to allow more dps uptime.

Get half your ranged dps to reroll melee too.

Very close though, it'll die guys, just keep practising. Cheers for taking me to my first MoP raid, was great fun!