Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Play with PC Gamer > World of Warcraft Guild (EU) > General Articles

#11   Report Post  
    Old 06-17-2010, 10:25 AM

I'm liking the idea of the Paladin more and more now, speccing DPS to level will be fun, then potentially moving to tank or healer later is great, especially in terms of fitting in with the guild.

Come on battlechest, I want you on my doormat!

Thanks for the bag offer! I'm guessing I should go for heavy armour profession for a pally Although enchanting and jewels intrigues me.
      #12   Report Post  
    Old 06-17-2010, 10:30 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Beleboy View Post
    I'm liking the idea of the Paladin more and more now, speccing DPS to level will be fun, then potentially moving to tank or healer later is great, especially in terms of fitting in with the guild.

Come on battlechest, I want you on my doormat!

Thanks for the bag offer! I'm guessing I should go for heavy armour profession for a pally Although enchanting and jewels intrigues me.
    Don't waste time with crafting professions while leveling. Go gathering all the way. Skinning/mining and herbing will get you the gold you need later on and leveling now is incredibly fast. Armour you wear now will be useless in a few hours and you'll be going through gear like nobodys business.
      #13   Report Post  
    Old 06-17-2010, 10:36 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by SamfisherAnD View Post
    Don't waste time with crafting professions while leveling. Go gathering all the way. Skinning/mining and herbing will get you the gold you need later on and leveling now is incredibly fast. Armour you wear now will be useless in a few hours and you'll be going through gear like nobodys business.
    Thanks for the tip, will prob go skinning and mining with a view to changing something out later then
      #14   Report Post  
    Old 06-17-2010, 11:04 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Beleboy View Post
    Thanks for the tip, will prob go skinning and mining with a view to changing something out later then
    Keep mining as a profession - it's one of the more useful professions out there. It'll help your paladin's stamina with the buff that comes with it. However, I would recommend levelling cooking as the buffs that can be obtained from them are useful, but also sell much more than flogging the meat/fish on their own. Easy cash with vendors. Oh and sell everything that isnt an upgrade. If you get a quest reward and you get an option of say a wand or some leather legs, (which will be no upgrade) you'll find that the legs will generally sell more.

Talent specs start off at 1g, then 5, 10, 20,30,50. then 50 after each recurrence. (As I recall)
    However, there is an option to select them and then confirm them in options if you are experimenting.

Retribution is the way to go for levelling. I'll also help out with bags.

I'd also get friendly with wowhead.com, wowwiki.com. You'll be reading up on these for quest help, class help and general wow awesomesauce as you climb up to 80.

A tip for levelling skills and spellswise that i got into the habit of was, on every 4th even level if you are near silvermoon or orgrimmar and have a few gold spare - go train up. Don't bother going every level, as you probably wont need to and its a bit of a slog sometimes!

Stay away from the AH if you can help it. Make a mule alt and park him next to the mailbox and as you level and bags fill send all your stuff to the alt by mail. Plonk all this in his bank (I'll help supply bags for him too.) so that you level more efficiently. WoW's end game is fantastic.

If you have any questions just holler to someone - PCG are brilliant company and have experience in WoW in spades/buckets/diggers etc. Failing that our new home on these forums will be a very good resource of help for you.

More than anything though - have fun. You more than likely will do with the antics we get up to.

PCG Game Club
    Steam

Also on Origin
      #15   Report Post  
    Old 06-17-2010, 12:04 PM

Your first respec is 1g
    Then I think it goes up to 5g, then 10, then I think it keeps going at at 50g per respec, upto a max of 50g.
    Each month the respec cost will decay by 5g provided you haven;t respecced that month, back down to a minimum of 10g.

Essentally, your first 2 respecs are SUPER cheap, and they wont ever be as cheap again, so enjoy it while it lasts!
      #16   Report Post  
    Old 06-17-2010, 02:37 PM

Play any class/spec but a resto(healy) druid, in pcg resto druids are looked down on for being a rubbish class/spec only played by noobs.
      #17   Report Post  
    Old 06-17-2010, 02:45 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ozwald View Post
    resto druids are a rubbish class/spec only played by noobs.
    fixed that for you
      #18   Report Post  
    Old 06-17-2010, 07:30 PM

did I see some1 say you had to think to play hunter? when was that I must of missed it.
      #19   Report Post  
    Old 06-18-2010, 01:32 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Belimawr View Post
    did I see some1 say you had to think to play hunter? when was that I must of missed it.
    Not think while playing a hunter, but more like reading up a lot BEFORE playing with one in raids. It used to be stupid how one thing can totally mess up your shot rotations and screw with your DPS >.< Everything was calculated down to the milisecond lol. Was pre-3.0.3 patch before WotLK.
      #20   Report Post  
    Old 06-18-2010, 12:31 PM

Wait wait....hunters can read?!