Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Magazine and site talk

#11   Report Post  
    Old 10-23-2012, 12:26 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by OliverReed View Post
    As much as I dislike the self-promotion spams, I don't think a separate section for them would be a practical solution.

If such a section did exist and the spammers did post in there (pfff!), I for one wouldn't bother to view it because I wouldn't want to read any of that stuff. Once the spammers saw they weren't getting any views, they'd post in the sections where they would probably get more views - and we'd be back to where we are now.

So I'm sticking to telling them to bugger off and let the admins delete their posts.
    I would look at that forum. i'm all about discovering new games, i keep a folder full of bookmards especially for upcoming games so i don't forget about them.

and i've never seen any spam post deleted since i've been here.

Looking 4 Indie bundles? http://steamcommunity.com/groups/IndieBundleTracker
      #12   Report Post  
    Old 10-23-2012, 02:30 PM
    Banned

Quote:
    Originally Posted by doctor_roxo View Post
    and i've never seen any spam post deleted since i've been here.
    Well that'd be mainly because when when it's done fully there's no trace.
      #13   Report Post  
    Old 10-23-2012, 02:59 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by The_B View Post
    Well that'd be mainly because when when it's done fully there's no trace.
    well i guess thats a no then since you came here and have any input about the topic. oh well, it was worth a shot. I just thought it was a good idea is all.

Looking 4 Indie bundles? http://steamcommunity.com/groups/IndieBundleTracker
      #14   Report Post  
    Old 10-23-2012, 03:44 PM
    Banned

Quote:
    Originally Posted by doctor_roxo View Post
    well i guess thats a no then since you came here and have any input about the topic. oh well, it was worth a shot. I just thought it was a good idea is all.
    I have no powers for creating new forums I'm afraid, so you can't base any assumption of a decision on if I post in a thread or not. I do try and pass on threads and suggestions to those that do and the mag staff, and I know they do indeed read the forums.

Last edited by The_B; 10-23-2012 at 03:50 PM.
      #15   Report Post  
    Old 10-23-2012, 04:20 PM
    Banned

Quote:
    Originally Posted by OliverReed View Post
    As much as I dislike the self-promotion spams, I don't think a separate section for them would be a practical solution.

If such a section did exist and the spammers did post in there (pfff!), I for one wouldn't bother to view it because I wouldn't want to read any of that stuff. Once the spammers saw they weren't getting any views, they'd post in the sections where they would probably get more views - and we'd be back to where we are now.

So I'm sticking to telling them to bugger off and let the admins delete their posts.
    This guy's got the right of it. They only post where they think they'll get the most views, so giving them their own forum to be ignored in won't do us any good because they'll just post in the more frequented parts. It'd be like expecting the gay community to stick to their usual clubs on a gay pride parade day.