Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Games

#31   Report Post  
    Old 10-25-2012, 05:30 PM

My strategy with an oppressive amount of games to play is that like books there are now to many games and too little time to be able to play them all.

Accept this as a good thing as you will never have nothing to do.
    “There has seldom if ever been a shortage of eager young males prepared to kill and die to preserve the security, comfort and prejudices of their elders, and what you call heroism is just an expression of this simple fact; there is never a scarcity of idiots.” - Ian Banks
      #32   Report Post  
    Old 10-26-2012, 05:11 PM

Send a message via MSN to Topperfalkon Send a message via Skype™ to Topperfalkon

Right, so I've got the [URL="http://falkon-gaming.blogspot.co.uk/2012/10/the-steam-files-c1-cortex-command.html"]Cortex Command[/URL] review up now.

Despite how much I like this game, it disappoints on a few important levels, mostly difficulty.
      #33   Report Post  
    Old 11-13-2012, 02:43 AM

Send a message via MSN to Topperfalkon Send a message via Skype™ to Topperfalkon

And now [URL="http://falkon-gaming.blogspot.co.uk/2012/11/the-steam-files-d1-dishonored.html"]Dishono(u)red[/URL]! It's hard to do it justice in a review, largely because doing it justice would require playing it more and not actually reviewing it.

Next up, either Endless Space or Evil Genius. Not sure which I'm going for, although 4X spacey games sound somewhat appealing to me.
      #34   Report Post  
    Old 11-13-2012, 02:56 AM
    Grand Inquisitor

Send a message via Skype™ to SAeN

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Topperfalkon View Post
    And now [URL="http://falkon-gaming.blogspot.co.uk/2012/11/the-steam-files-d1-dishonored.html"]Dishono(u)red[/URL]! It's hard to do it justice in a review, largely because doing it justice would require playing it more and not actually reviewing it.

Next up, either Endless Space or Evil Genius. Not sure which I'm going for, although 4X spacey games sound somewhat appealing to me.
    Both are amazing, I'd play Endless Space with people though. The AI is a little underwhelming.
      #35   Report Post  
    Old 11-13-2012, 03:08 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by SAeN View Post
    Both are amazing, I'd play Endless Space with people though. The AI is a little underwhelming.
    I thought they'd fixed the AI? Maybe not then. I haven't touched either in a while though, so we'll see.
      #36   Report Post  
    Old 12-24-2012, 03:38 AM

So, I went with Endless Space in the end.

Link to [URL="http://falkon-gaming.blogspot.co.uk/2012/12/the-steam-files-e1-endless-space.html"]Endless Space[/URL].

Next up, FTL: Faster Than Light. After that, probably Gemini Rue. Followed by Hitman, Absolution.

Hopefully I should get these three up by the New Year, but that's ridiculously optimistic.

Then I might do I Am Alive and Just Cause 2, but those are subject to change. Then I imagine I'll do Killing Floor. Not sure after that.
      #37   Report Post  
    Old 06-09-2013, 09:43 PM

Well, I'm back... finally.

It took me a lot longer than expected to get back into this, but you can blame starting a new job on part of that!

Anywho, I've written up [URL="http://falkon-gaming.blogspot.co.uk/2013/06/the-steam-files-f1-ftl-faster-than-light.html"]FTL: Faster Than Light[/URL]. Because stuff's happened since the last time I updated this forum, I will probably put Gunpoint next on my list, being the most current game beginning with the letter G (wow, that's a happy co-incidence, right? But seriously, that wasn't planned). As for H and beyond, well, that's still up in the air at the moment.
      #38   Report Post  
    Old 12-12-2013, 12:57 AM

I've been mulling this idea over again a bit recently. My previous attempt was a critical failure, but the recent launch of Steam Reviews has given me a slightly more appropriate place to do this project.

I definitely want to get back on this, and a large part of this is down to a conversation I had with a Steam Friend a few months ago, who basically said he was using my Steam Library as a recommendation of games that might be worth buying. Whilst I think he meant that somewhat jokingly, the thought of people buying games simply because I have them worries me, and makes me of the opinion I now almost have a responsibility to give feedback on the games I play. Especially given the size of my library.

On the other hand, the mere thought of diving back into this is rather depressing. If I only covered one game a week, it would take around 20 years to review all my current Steam games plus the games I'd likely get during that time.
    Still, the winter holidays are coming very soon, and I hope to finally cover Gunpoint and move on to the next game, then see how it goes from there!

Tags

blog, omg so many games, reviews, steam