Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Games

#21   Report Post  
    Old 10-22-2012, 09:49 PM

Send a message via MSN to Topperfalkon Send a message via Skype™ to Topperfalkon

Quote:
    Originally Posted by SAeN View Post
    No idea, I didn't give the game a chance. But if you seriously want to see the games biggest trick, play until the twist. It's fairly obvious. It's the only 'cutscene' the game has.
    Right-o, I'll give it a bit longer and see if I can hit it. I don't want to spend too long on each game.

By the way, next up will be

Cortex Command
    and
    Dishonored.

After that, I don't know.
      #22   Report Post  
    Old 10-23-2012, 03:11 AM

Send a message via MSN to Topperfalkon Send a message via Skype™ to Topperfalkon

Okay, managed to hit the 'twist'. Interesting. Should do the blog post tomorrow. We'll see what happens
      #23   Report Post  
    Old 10-23-2012, 03:42 PM

The completionist in me is horrified at what you're doing. Bioshock isn't even that long!

I buy a game and complete it before moving on. Granted, games like Skyrim which are so bloody big, and Just Cause 2, are on-going so I'll play a bit every fortnight until I eventually complete those monsters.
      #24   Report Post  
    Old 10-23-2012, 03:46 PM

I'm taking this approach because I've not played Bioshock all the way through before, but I have played it up to the major plot point.

And yes, flitting between games is standard practice for me, I'm not really a completionist.

However, I will have to do Bioshock 2 at some point, so I will complete the first before then.
      #25   Report Post  
    Old 10-23-2012, 06:25 PM

Like the Blog, looks like a good idea.

I'd suggest getting a banner up as soon as possible, I did mine ([URL="http://nutritiousgaming.blogspot.co.uk/"]here[/URL]) with Gimp in about 10 mins with just a couple of screens. I know it ain't brilliant, but something like it would really add to your blog.

I'd also suggest setting up some other people as authors to help contribute. I lost a huge chunk of readership when work got in the way and my post became a lot less frequent. A few of you would keep things ticking over. Unless your just doing it as a personal project in which case that doesn't really matter!

I'm interested in what you think of Bioshock. I wasn't massively sold on it. I played it through happily enough but I thought it was a bit throw away to be honest. I think it let it's potential down in the end.

Last edited by Nutritious; 10-24-2012 at 07:09 PM. Reason: Grammar mistakes and Typo removal... oops.
      #26   Report Post  
    Old 10-23-2012, 06:32 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Nutritious View Post
    Like the Blog, looks like a good idea.
    Thanks!

Quote:
    I'd suggest getting a banner up as soon as possible, i did mine ([URL="http://nutritiousgaming.blogspot.co.uk/"]here[/URL]) with Gimp in about 10 mins with just a couple of screens. I know it ain't brilliant, but something like it would really add to your blog.
    It's at the bottom on a long-list of things labelled 'To-Do', but I understand what you mean.

Quote:
    I'd also suggest setting up some other people as authors to help contribute. I lost a huge chunk of readership when work got in the way and my post became a lot less frequent. A few of you would keep things ticking over. Unless your just doing it as a personal project in which case that doesn't really matter!
    This is more of a personal project for me. Perhaps if I ever finish getting through my Steam Library I'd consider getting more people involved.

Quote:
    I'm interested in what you think of Bioshock. I was massively sold on it. i played it through happily enough but I thought it was a bit throw away to be honest. I think it let it's potential down in the end.
    Well, I had no money at the time it came out, so the hype pretty much didn't do anything for me. I've not completed the game yet, but it's fairly good, the story's decent, but the aesthetics are fantastic. I think Bioshock should be held up as a good example of how to pick a period design aesthetic and stick with it. I think the overall gameplay isn't particularly special, which is why I didn't really cover it in my review.
      #27   Report Post  
    Old 10-23-2012, 06:35 PM

Ok folks, [URL="http://falkon-gaming.blogspot.co.uk/2012/10/the-steam-files-b1-bioshock.html"]Bioshock review[/URL] is up.

I've intentionally kept it brief, as I want to progress onto the next games. I also think that the gameplay in itself wasn't particularly special, which is why you won't see much mention of it. I put a bit more focus on the design and 'story'. I didn't include any spoilers however, although I possibly inferred a spoiler, which wouldn't make sense until you reach that part in the game anyway.

As I said previously, Cortex Command is up next, and I've not played it in a while so I've got even more reason to want to get back into it.
      #28   Report Post  
    Old 10-23-2012, 06:59 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Topperfalkon View Post
    Ok folks, [URL="http://falkon-gaming.blogspot.co.uk/2012/10/the-steam-files-b1-bioshock.html"]Bioshock review[/URL] is up.

I've intentionally kept it brief, as I want to progress onto the next games. I also think that the gameplay in itself wasn't particularly special, which is why you won't see much mention of it. I put a bit more focus on the design and 'story'. I didn't include any spoilers however, although I possibly inferred a spoiler, which wouldn't make sense until you reach that part in the game anyway.

As I said previously, Cortex Command is up next, and I've not played it in a while so I've got even more reason to want to get back into it.
    It was a good review. I agree that the gameplay wasn't anything special, although it wasn't bad either. It was well refined and worked as it was intended. What drew me in was just the overall atmosphere of the game and that seems to be the same for you.

| AsRock Extreme3 Gen3 | Intel Core i5 2500K (Stock Cooler) | 8GB G.Skill DDR3 | Sapphire HD 7970 | 1TB WD Caviar Green | 5 TB WD External | Corsair 750HX PSU | Asus Xonar DS | NZXT Phantom | Tt Ultimate Challenger Keyboard | Cyborg R.A.T. 7 | Windows 8.1 Professional 64bit | Logitech z623 Sound System |

Steam
      #29   Report Post  
    Old 10-24-2012, 11:24 AM

Thanks!

I'm working on the Cortex Command review now, but I've suddenly remembered what made me stop playing in the first place... It's bloody difficult.
      #30   Report Post  
    Old 10-25-2012, 02:43 AM

Okay, Cortex Command write-up is done, but FRAPS mysteriously failed to actually save the number of screenshots I asked from it. Maybe there's an incompatibility, which would be a pain. I'll try get some tomorrow, or use Steam's in-built utility if necessary.

Tags

blog, omg so many games, reviews, steam