Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Play with PC Gamer > World of Warcraft Guild (EU) > Raids and Events > Team Win

#1   Report Post  
    Old 10-30-2012, 10:04 AM

Default Raid report 29/10/12

First raid report of the new expansion!

Only our second raid tonihgt - we've been screwed by holidays and other distractions but i'm hoping we'll be raiding regularly from now until Xmas.

On raid:
    Goff, Glugg, Bull, Waloper, Barks, Wyrmy, Dooks, Me, Bimbley, Steelhihde
    I asked Steelhide to step out for the last hour so we could let Leegund get a look at the fight.

We were back to working on Stone Guard - the dog/lion/statue thingies. Took us a while to get back in the swing and for our tanks to remember the rythm of the fight but after a few wipes we got back into it.
    Seemed to get better at managing both our raid positioning up/down the hall, and also reducing incoming raid damge to manageable levels.

Best attempt lasted 7 minutes 40 or so - only 40 seconds off the enrage timer, so we're definately making progress.

The big thing we need to work on now is bringing our dps numbers up - at the moment only Bimble and Gluggie are where we need them to be - everyone else try and get some gear/reforge/enchant/glyph so you're more effective for this fight.

Overall a good jump in performance from the last time we raided - and as far as a night spent wiping goes, pretty fun. See you thursday!
      #2   Report Post  
    Old 10-30-2012, 11:45 AM

It was great to have another raid at last. By the end of the evening it felt like we had cracked it and just needed a few more tries. Hopefully we will kill them on Thursday.

Personally I was not getting the tempo right now that I am using a "Temporal Shield/Incanter's Ward" macro. I think I can push another 5K dps once it all clicks.

BTW I don't consider pulling agro with 1 living bomb and 1 fireball my fault

Realm First! Zen Master Cook - 25th Sep 2012
      #3   Report Post  
    Old 10-31-2012, 12:45 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bimble View Post
    BTW I don't consider pulling agro with 1 living bomb and 1 fireball my fault
    Assuming you're attacking one of the two dogs that are active on the same side, you need to be really careful for the first few seconds. At the starting points, the dogs all have their 90% damage reduction, and this only gets removed as they get closer together; so the initial tank damage (and threat) on them is very low. Just let the tanks get a hit or two in once they've moved close enough for the buff to get removed.

I've pulled aggro with a single Holy Fire crit before now.

Taking even one hit as a DPS is likely to put a strain on the healers, because the dog will apply a significant bleed effect.
      #4   Report Post  
    Old 10-31-2012, 02:40 PM

Thanks for the info Darieth that is useful. I didn't take any damage each time it happened because I immediately ice blocked

Realm First! Zen Master Cook - 25th Sep 2012
      #5   Report Post  
    Old 11-01-2012, 05:18 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bimble View Post
    Thanks for the info Darieth that is useful. I didn't take any damage each time it happened because I immediately ice blocked
    Which is a waste of an ice block
    Ice block becomes very useful when you are jasper chained with someone and get frozen.
    Blinking can be a little unwieldy with jasper chains

That's one benefit of using Invocation. When the fight starts you spend 10 seconds invocating so never have threat issues

Nice that you can use different talents though.

No Jasper Chains this week at least. Just need to avoid a lot of pools.