Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Magazine and site talk

#1   Report Post  
    Old 10-07-2012, 07:29 PM

Question Moderator Approval?

Every so often when I post in a thread I get a message saying my post is waiting to be approved by a moderator. Not sure whether certain threads are set so all posts must be approved (if it's a touchy subject or something) or whether I've specifically been put on approval. If the latter is so, there's no messages in my inbox or e-mail as to why - so not entirely sure what specifically would warrant such measures as I haven't knowingly violated any of the already pretty liberal rules. If I were, maybe I could try to avoid repeat offences in the future.

What's going on here?
      #2   Report Post  
    Old 10-07-2012, 09:11 PM
    Banned

Apologies, it seems the auto-moderation system had flagged some your posts up for some reason (perhaps you may have posted a lot of links or something similar in your first few posts, or maybe somehow set off a few keywords) - in theory after five posts it should no longer kick in, but I'm approving this and your other posts and hopefully the system should no longer flag you. If it does send a PM to a mod and they'll let the tech team know and then they can do something about it.

EDIT: I'm noticing actually that there's a fair few false positives from regular posters being caught by the auto-bot. I fear it's starting an evil robot uprising or having a glitch, so I'll try and let someone know this week to have a look at it this week.

Last edited by The_B; 10-07-2012 at 09:16 PM.
      #3   Report Post  
    Old 10-07-2012, 09:28 PM

Bloody skynet is at it again...
    “There has seldom if ever been a shortage of eager young males prepared to kill and die to preserve the security, comfort and prejudices of their elders, and what you call heroism is just an expression of this simple fact; there is never a scarcity of idiots.” - Ian Banks
      #4   Report Post  
    Old 10-07-2012, 09:46 PM

Thanks for your help.
    I've posted a few images and a link to an image to save taking up space on the page, so maybe that flagged it. Do my posts in the comments section of the main site's articles affect my forum status as well? I know people like to mark comments as spam when thumbs down isn't satisfactory so maybe that's why I've been flagged.

If not maybe John Riccitiello hacked your system and is trying to install a state of censorship. (Buy full posting rights DLC for £5.99 now)
      #5   Report Post  
    Old 10-07-2012, 11:50 PM

I got it as well.
    I thought for a moment that some herons had come along to mess up our pots and pans again.
      #6   Report Post  
    Old 10-08-2012, 07:44 PM

Me too its enoying
      #7   Report Post  
    Old 10-09-2012, 10:18 AM

I, for one, welcome our evil robot overlords.
    "...people who personify and love corporations to the point where they can actually feel betrayed by them - well, roll over and take it. You're in for a lifetime of abusive imaginary relationships."

(Blyth Jon, September 2011, PCGamer UK, p90)

Steam id: feersum
      #8   Report Post  
    Old 10-09-2012, 12:00 PM

oh god... the herons with the pots and pans.... i'd almost forgotten about that! what a mare.

-------
    An irreverent look at gaming, and film; www.TheFunTurret.com
      #9   Report Post  
    Old 10-09-2012, 12:47 PM
    Banned

I've been informed that the auto-mod-bot has had his free-will chip fried with a short burst in a microwave and in theory it now shouldn't be so eager to auto-mod posts, but let us know here if anyone continues to have issues posting.

Tags

approval, moderation, rules