Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Magazine and site talk

#11   Report Post  
    Old 10-16-2012, 12:52 PM

Default Yet again a no code moan

I have sent an email requesting a code for my digital copy which met with no response for a week.

Then after 7 days received an email saying that they couldn't find a record of my subscription.

I went back and re-read the email I sent. I then sent another email explaining I had stated clearly that it was a single digital purchase and that I had included a screen shot of my receipt from Zinio.

It has bee 2 days since that and I still have not received an answer.

I have to say that this is P*ss poor service and the digital subscription I had been considering ??? Well you can stick that up your a@ses. Not that you move them enough to do it.
      #12   Report Post  
    Old 10-16-2012, 04:50 PM

Taken from PcGamer, October Issue ,Page 66, Giftaggedon

" Any problems?"
    Don`t panic ! Send us an email .....with proof of purchase -either a photograph of the magazine showing the code page , or a receipt of the digital edition and we`ll send you a replacementcode.

Could you please remove the above misleading text from your next issue as it seems from the people who have posted you DON`T send replacement codes at all.

It is a complete disgrace that apart from Chris Thursten on the 4/10/2012 no one from the PcGamer team has the decency to reply to any postings ,and also in my case and maybe others there has been no reply to emails sent to Staff members or even the Editor himself.

Just a simple ok or no would suffice, at least in my case and some others too judging by the comments here.

I know that everyone is busy nowadays but surely to spare 5 minutes to leave a reply isn`t asking too much , is it?

I`m certain that if we were asking about placing advertising in your magazine we wouldn`t be kept waiting like this , but then again you`ve already had our money.

Rant over for now , Thank you .

Last edited by trickky_1; 10-16-2012 at 04:52 PM.
      #13   Report Post  
    Old 10-16-2012, 05:10 PM

Good news !
    In the last desperate attempt to get my EUIII key I have sent my mail again yesterday in the evening - to both [email]pcgamer.giftageddon@futurenet.com[/email] & [email]chris.thursten@futurenet.com[/email].

And just a few minutes ago I got a REPLY !!!!
    With the key, of course

Case closed for me - but I will really think twice before buying a digital issue of PC Gamer ...
      #14   Report Post  
    Old 10-16-2012, 08:12 PM

Thumbs up

Good news here too ,

I`ve just checked and i`ve received an email from Chris Thursten with a code for EU3 !

Many Thanks Chris , you`re a Top Man
      #15   Report Post  
    Old 10-16-2012, 09:25 PM

Got my key today too. Thanks very much guys!

I know you have a new system in the works but a simple auto-reply that you'd received the email would go a long way to alleviating peoples concerns I think.
    The problem is not so much that I was impatient for it but that I had no idea whether my emails were reaching you and I didn't want you to run out of keys or something!
      #16   Report Post  
    Old 10-17-2012, 05:22 PM

It appears that the EUIII steam key I got is invalid ... WTF ?
    Steam says this key was already used (activated) and I can't use it again :<
    I have sent the mail to Chris about the issue ...

Last edited by ZDQ; 10-17-2012 at 05:36 PM.