Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Magazine and site talk

#1   Report Post  
    Old 10-04-2012, 10:11 AM

Default Turnaround time for a free game code request from a digital issue?

Hi,
    I saw this: [url]http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/09/05/pc-gamer-uk-october-issue-guild-wars-2-2/[/url]
    advertising a free copy of EU3 with the October issue so bought it from Zinio as linked in the article. But upon receipt of the magazine it says on page 66 that if it's a one off purchase, then you need to email them proof of purchase for the code.

I did this last Wednesday but haven't heard anything back. Not even an auto-reply acknowledging receipt of my request so I don't even know if it got there. Does anyone know what sort of turnaround time they have?

I have to say, despite buying the issue mainly for for the game, there are quite a few games covered in the mag of interest to me and it seems there are often offers for subscribers so I'm tempted.

Thanks for your time.
      #2   Report Post  
    Old 10-04-2012, 11:20 AM
    Banned

Hi there,

It's currently taking us about a week to respond to code requests, and when we're on deadline then it can take a little longer. However, we are about to change the way that these giveaways work to take the pressure off the mag/site team and improve our response time significantly.

Hope that helps!

Chris
      #3   Report Post  
    Old 10-04-2012, 01:07 PM

Hi!
    Thanks very much for the quick response! I don't mind all that much how long it takes (don't look a gift horse in the mouth and all that!). I just wanted to check that the response wasn't meant to be instant meaning mine had probably got lost or something. And it sounds like I'm about on track so...

Good luck getting the new system up and running though, for your sakes as much as ours!

Regards,
    Mark
      #4   Report Post  
    Old 10-09-2012, 01:01 PM

Hello,
    I have the same problem: I have bought October 2012 PCG UK edition from Zinio on Sept. 25th and didn't get any code so far .... (almost 2 weeks now).
    So far I have sent 2 e-mails to futurenet.com about the EU3 key, sent a message to PCG on facebook & asked on twitter - didn't get ANY reply from all of these sources ... :<

Any chance to get this key ?
      #5   Report Post  
    Old 10-09-2012, 05:19 PM

Yeah, I've not received mine yet still and it will be 2 weeks tomorrow night.

I'm quite looking forward to it, I'm a big turn based strategy game fan. I know this is real time but it's pausible and paced more like a TBS I gather.

Last edited by targetbsp; 10-09-2012 at 05:35 PM.
      #6   Report Post  
    Old 10-10-2012, 10:04 PM

Would be good to get an ETA for the keys from PCG team ...
      #7   Report Post  
    Old 10-11-2012, 05:11 PM

I've sent in another email. I'm not quite sure what else to do?
      #8   Report Post  
    Old 10-12-2012, 10:48 AM

Default Pretty cheesed off now

I have sent 3 emails to three different addresses and a week later I still have no codes.

I just Purchased this as a gift for someone and they are still waiting.

Please respond PCG team.
      #9   Report Post  
    Old 10-12-2012, 06:17 PM

Hi there , and sorry to hijack this thread a little as my problem is regarding a normal copy of PCGamer and not a digital version, but I`m also having problems trying to obtain a code for EU3 as the card had been removed from the magazine by someone before i bought it ,which unfortunately i didn`t realise till later.
    I was going to return the magazine to the shop i bought it from but as i bought it on the last day of sale of the Oct issue and it was the last copy there anyway i thought i`d just email the pcgamer.giftageddon address stated in the "any problems" section instead along with a picture of the magazine as requested.
    I`ve twice emailed, once on the 28/9/2012 and again on the 5/10/2012 and received no reply , i then emailed [email]graham.smith@futurenet.com[/email] on the 8/10/2012 and still haven`t received any acknowledgement either .

I may have not used the code anyway, BUT, it would have been nice to have been given the chance to have tried if i`d wanted too.

I find the information given in the "problems" box , with regards to missing codes etc....very misleading indeed , and judging by the posts here it seems i`m not the only one that does so.

I won`t hold my breath waiting for a code , or even a simple reply .

Thank you anyway.

Last edited by trickky_1; 10-12-2012 at 08:57 PM.
      #10   Report Post  
    Old 10-14-2012, 09:57 PM

I'm waiting since Sept 26th ... no key, no response to my mails, no reply here.
    Looks like this was the last time I bought a PC Gamer issue. Period.

I'm still waiting for my EU3 key