Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Play with PC Gamer > Minecraft > US Server

#1   Report Post  
    Old 11-16-2012, 08:14 AM

Default Pcg smb

Hoo boy. Looks like life just got in the way. None of the information this post contained is up-to-date anymore. Please see the post below. I'll edit this again later when I have more to report.

Last edited by Twentydragon; 11-26-2012 at 09:17 PM. Reason: So much for that...
      #2   Report Post  
    Old 11-23-2012, 05:25 AM

(All information in this post is outdated and has been removed. Thanks.)

Last edited by Twentydragon; 11-26-2012 at 09:15 PM.
      #3   Report Post  
    Old 11-26-2012, 09:13 PM

[SIZE="4"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"]As luck would have it, I've just been called in to work on every weekend in December (and I badly need the money). So it looks like a few things will be changing:

Signup has resumed! The new deadline is February 2, 2013, with plans to begin the tournament on February 16.

If we get a new map, the course will be pasted over in a slightly different configuration. If that's not possible, the course will be rebuilt from scratch, and the deadline will be moved again.

All players who are currently signed up will remain so unless they decide to withdraw. All prizes already announced will also remain.

The tournament bracket will be getting completely reshuffled.

We'll have about two matches per day until the world we're on is finished, followed by a two-week break. Practice will be allowed during the break but not during the round.

All players who have previously withdrawn are allowed sign back up. Players who wish to withdraw after the deadline must find a replacement player.[/FONT][/SIZE]
      #4   Report Post  
    Old 11-28-2012, 11:09 PM

i am withdrawing
      #5   Report Post  
    Old 11-29-2012, 12:31 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by etnica View Post
    i am withdrawing
    Me too, actually.

There really doesn't seem to be much interest in participating in anything, even when there are prizes attached. Yeah, there were 46 players signed up, but only 8 of them actually seemed to care.

If anyone else wants to run a tournament on my build, that's fine with me. I might even join in.

But I'm done trying to run stuff for a while. I'm not in a position to do so, and my time would be much better spent focusing on something (or really anything) else.
      #6   Report Post  
    Old 11-29-2012, 06:57 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to Maie

That sucks that this will be gone, but i will be gone to Prague during the week/weekend that this would have been planned, so :/
      #7   Report Post  
    Old 12-20-2012, 01:35 AM

I'm considering trying this again, but being able to do this would be kinda tricky. With the new map on its way, the map SMB is currently on is likely going to be removed.

This means that either it'll have to be pasted into the map, I'll have to build it anew, or another solution entirely will have to be found.

All those prizes I bought are still going to be used, too.

So if anyone's got any suggestions on how to go about this, that'd be great.

In addition, I'm not going to bother with lengthy signups this time around. When the tournament starts, each day there will be three matches. Signups will be in private chat only, and players will be paired immediately when they sign up. The first round will continue until two days in a row pass without any matches. After that, I'll actually put together a bracket.

The top 30% (rounded up) of the participants will receive a prize. Prizes remaining after that will roll over to [URL="http://www.pcgamer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21322"]the Shatter Bowl[/URL], which I plan to have completed by the end of 2013 (it's big and complex and just plain big).

I may just end up recreating the whole thing in Creative mode on an Adventure map.

Tags

mario, obstacle course, parkour, prizes, tournament