Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Play with PC Gamer > World of Warcraft Guild (EU)

#11   Report Post  
    Old 09-04-2010, 11:50 PM

Consider installing [url=http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addons/details/rating-buster.aspx]the RatingBuster[/url] addon to help you out with deciding which gear is better. It breaks down all the fancy numbers and shows you the total stats you will either gain or lose. Can tell straight away if an item is better or not if you're not very confident at working it out yourself

Dobalina ... WoW PCG Guild
      #12   Report Post  
    Old 09-05-2010, 12:47 AM

I'd be careful with using anything other than a spreadsheet when consulting what rogue gear is better. You don't have to worry about that untill 80 but the other things like Rawr and addons are wrong a lot of the time. The only problem with the spreadsheet is that it only has the top end gear, but thats probably when you'll be most concerned with gear so it works out.
      #13   Report Post  
    Old 09-05-2010, 05:31 AM

got up to 25%dps did a major chest bracer upgrade too ^^
      #14   Report Post  
    Old 09-11-2010, 02:19 PM

Hi there!

I'm rather late getting here, and most has been covered already.
    I'm just going to run throught what basics i remeber from leveling me rogue, what i felt i did right/wrong.
    First of all, i always ran dungon when i could, if people QQed about me dps, gear whatever, id say something like 'well i have to get my gear from somewhere, so by kicking me, i cant gear up' or something smart sounding like that, when it isnt that smart really, just common sense.
    One thing i did wrong, was i ignored cooldowns, and randomly placed my talent points, always use cooldowns on boos fights, trying to solo elites, etc. Here is a decent combat leveling build, [url]http://www.wowarmory.com/talent-calc.xml?cid=4&tal=3053001050000000000000000000252 05200003501522310052125100000000000000000000000000 00[/url] If link doesnt work lemme know, but this build is focused not entirely on damage output, but some survivablity, because you will be questing ofc and makes life easier for you. The part in combat with hack n slash, you can change this acording to your weapons, but axes/swords are easily the best for combat me thinks. Grab all the combat points first, then go for the assassination points. Glyphs, i cant remember which i went for while leveling, but glyph of SS and evisc are your best bets atm, then go for killing spree one. Minors, only one you'll really need is the safe fall one, its quite useful. Rotation, this has been said, but SS a few times, Slice n dice, few more SS's and evisc, repeat, only use Snd when its about to run our, around 3 seconds, no matter how many combo point you have on the target. When quests, dont bother using SnD, theres not much point if im honest, but it rocks in dungons.

Hope this helps!