Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Play with PC Gamer > Eve Online > General Discussion

#1   Report Post  
    Old 08-19-2012, 08:37 PM

Question Joining Eve

Hi

I would like to start EVE and was going to ask someone on here for a buddy key for a free trial. I would probably be applying to join the corp when I have done the tutorials and career missions.

But, I am planning to get a new PC in the next month or so

If anyone has been in this situation my question is would it be easy to move a trial account to the new PC or would I be best waiting until its up and running?

Thanks
      #2   Report Post  
    Old 08-20-2012, 05:30 AM

I think it depends if you can enjoy playing games on your old pc. So can your old pc handle it and do you still find it enjoyable ( can you play other games while not irritating about your pc then I think you can play eve too). If you give me your mail with a private message then I can give you a buddy trial.
      #3   Report Post  
    Old 08-21-2012, 03:00 PM

The old PC is not too bad, handles Skyrim on low settings. I was thinking more about downloading the Eve trial onto a second computer from the same trial account (this may be a dumb question but I don't know how Eve works). Is it like Steam in that you can access it from any PC? Thanks for the buddy trial offer.
      #4   Report Post  
    Old 08-21-2012, 04:25 PM

Yes you can access it from any computer. Just download the Eve game onto your new computer then log in with the same account that your using.
      #5   Report Post  
    Old 08-22-2012, 05:51 PM

Smile

Thanks for the information.
      #6   Report Post  
    Old 08-27-2012, 08:23 AM

#7   Report Post  
    Old 08-27-2012, 08:25 AM

#8   Report Post  
    Old 08-27-2012, 08:52 AM

EVE scales very nicely due to extensive setting adjustments ( I can play it on a 6 year old laptop) and as long as you're not going to jump into the 1500 player battles in a single system I imagine your PC will be fine. Everything to do with your character is kept server side and all you download is the client to whichever PC you install it on so no matter which PC you play on, or whether you install/uninstall and re-install again your character and assets will remain the same. The only thing that is really different is that any changes to the user interface are stored locally on the PC you are playing, but this really isn't a big deal.

Log on, ask everyone everything you need to as its can be a bit of a shock to start with (add run before walking metaphore or choice) and join in with a unique but often amazing experience.

If you are looking at building a PC it's often asking around these parts for advice, or look at the EVE forums for suggestions of specs.
      #9   Report Post  
    Old 08-30-2012, 06:24 PM

Thanks for the advice Tentpeg. Eve might work on my laptop as well then, good if I have to go away for work. I have been reading some of the guides on EVElopedia which is reccomended in some of the stickys and its a little daunting but the game looks worth it.

I have been watching the Tec forum on here and found answers to the stuff I didnt know much about.

Thanks