Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Play with PC Gamer > World of Warcraft Guild (EU) > Raids and Events

#1   Report Post  
    Old 04-16-2013, 12:47 PM

Default Raiding Guilds on SWC

SWC is currently classed as 'medium' population sever by Blizzard.

But it seems quiet, so I thought I'd do a quick look back at how many guilds were raiding over since WotLK compared to today.

Now I know this doesn't reflect realm population, you can go to various websites like realmpop website for that information. Maybe more people hang out at Silvermoon in their best outfits, who knows.

So here is the break down from wow progress of guilds that killed something from T15 to T9, prepare (possibly) to be shocked....

Tier - Horde guilds (Total guilds)

MoP

T15 - 6 (25)
    T14 - 16 (46)

Cata

T13 - 26 (71)
    T12 - 31 (78)
    T11 - 41 (97)

WotLK

T10 - 40 (123)
    T9 - 43 (128)

Ever since T9 in WotLK there has been a slow decline in raiding on the realm, there certainly is a lack of PUGS for current raids, previous tiers, world bosses and transmog runs at any time of day/week.

I just hope in the future Blizzard will solve this issue with something (better than CRZ) that provides everyone with a busy world if they want one without having to pay for character/guild transfers.

Last edited by Ayumis; 04-19-2013 at 03:03 PM.
      #2   Report Post  
    Old 04-16-2013, 12:58 PM

Certainly an interesting read.

I am shocked that only 6 horde guilds have killed something in tier 15. I think this just backs up what we already thought about the realm struggling to keep raiders and therefore leaving us struggling to recruit raiders.
      #3   Report Post  
    Old 04-16-2013, 01:29 PM

There may be a plus side to this as there might be a lot of people spread out across many small guilds that don't have enough people to make a full team anymore.

It could be a good time to really push recruitment and build up PCG.
      #4   Report Post  
    Old 04-16-2013, 01:35 PM

It's a possibility, although we aren't having much luck so far!
      #5   Report Post  
    Old 04-16-2013, 01:49 PM

I was trying to be positive!

I'm not suggesting server transferring but Calming Storm were struggling to get raiders (as you know) and they transferred to Draenor.

They are 12/12 now and 38th highest on the realm out of 234 guilds (with recorded progress), it certainly does show raiding is easier on a busy realm (97k horde compared to our 16k)
      #6   Report Post  
    Old 04-16-2013, 01:51 PM

Wow, they are doing well.

Server transferring would be a huge decision for us and not one we are considering at the moment. There must be raiders out there somewhere, it's just getting the message to them that we are recruiting we need to concentrate on.
      #7   Report Post  
    Old 04-16-2013, 02:00 PM

I blame me for starting the guild on a RP PVE server. I moved a char here from Argent Dawn which was (I think still is) high pop and plagued with queues and they were offering free transfers - SWC was a late-opening realm. As for RP... I have no idea.
      #8   Report Post  
    Old 04-16-2013, 02:01 PM

Yeah they are I had no idea, I just thought I'd have a quick look just now for comparison.

Maybe create a nice clean recruitment thread of the different teams and what classes they need with raiding day / times including progress focus etc.

Just lock and sticky it before it gets any replies and use it in trade and on the forums. You can CRZ raid with older content if people want to see what raiding with us before they change server (someone has to boost the population!)
      #9   Report Post  
    Old 04-16-2013, 02:08 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ross View Post
    I blame me for starting the guild on a RP PVE server. I moved a char here from Argent Dawn which was (I think still is) high pop and plagued with queues and they were offering free transfers - SWC was a late-opening realm. As for RP... I have no idea.
    I thought you loved roleplaying, you mean all that talk about lack of dagger drops in WotLK wasn't you just roleplaying a moany rogue ? :P
      #10   Report Post  
    Old 04-16-2013, 02:31 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Aphaeas View Post
    Server transferring would be a huge decision for us and not one we are considering at the moment.
    thats the thing while that may be an option, it's a very expensive option not everyone is going to want to pay for a server transfer (more so once you add in alts, so it has potential to cause a lot more damage than good with the way PCG is set up.