Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Play with PC Gamer > Eve Online > General Discussion

View Poll Results: Which of these can you fly?
    I can't fly a BC at all 5 20.83%
    I can fly a BC, but not T2 fit it 3 12.50%
    I can fly a BC, and can T2 fit it 6 25.00%
    I can fly (and afford to lose) a BS, but not T2 fit it 2 8.33%
    I can fly (and afford to lose) a BS, and T2 fit it 8 33.33%
    Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

#11   Report Post  
    Old 09-02-2010, 09:46 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rastan View Post
    ps We also need to actviely recruit. Fly a cvouple of ships to newbie space once in a while and recruit away,
    Nuh uh. We'll get numbers when we're in the mag, don't want to bloat the corp with a load of people dredged from newbie systems. Half the people there will be alts, and half the rest won't play past their trial.
      #12   Report Post  
    Old 09-02-2010, 01:51 PM

I spoke to Tim last night and he has said we will be in the magazine it just takes time. To be honest it took the WoW guild a good 6 months to get going, they are coming up to 2 years old now which is why it is so big.

He also setup Teamspeak channels for us and gave me moderator.

Realm First! Zen Master Cook - 25th Sep 2012
      #13   Report Post  
    Old 09-02-2010, 02:14 PM

yeah, they'll have a backlog of things to get through first- it's great that we're on the list though.

Perhaps as an interim project the corp can think about putting a POS in low/med/hig sec somewhere, so we can start capatalising on the planet mining- i'd definitley do that before we even consider one in W-space.

Additionally there is a other way around the w-hole thing- 3 experienced pilots and a cloaked ship with LARGE cargo hold. HOwever you'll be wanting tech 3 ships to make that really work.

We'll get ther chaps, but baby steps- lets learn to explode and die violently in low sec before we explode and die violently in null/wh

-------
    An irreverent look at gaming, and film; www.TheFunTurret.com
      #14   Report Post  
    Old 09-02-2010, 02:28 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Spatula View Post
    - lets learn to explode and die violently in low sec before we explode and die violently in null/wh

This with added beer!

Quote Buceph 12/08/2010 "No we think you're uneducated. Not insane."
      #15   Report Post  
    Old 09-02-2010, 02:48 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Spatula View Post
    Perhaps as an interim project the corp can think about putting a POS in low/med/hig sec somewhere, so we can start capatalising on the planet mining- i'd definitley do that before we even consider one in W-space.
    If you mean PI I wouldn't bother. Seems like a waste of time at the moment. Moon mining could be profitable on the right moon, but we don't have the capability to take or defend one. Blueprint research/copying and T2 production are the way for us to make money from a POS.
      #16   Report Post  
    Old 09-02-2010, 02:52 PM

duely noted.

-------
    An irreverent look at gaming, and film; www.TheFunTurret.com
      #17   Report Post  
    Old 09-02-2010, 02:56 PM

Yeah, I wasn't suggesting we should start doing wormholes any time particularly soon. It's more a long-term goal, as much to give us something to work towards as anything else. I agree we'll need more pilots, with more skills, before we can try anything - and the POS is an even longer-term idea.

This thread is more to work out what skills and equipment we'd need, and get a rough idea of our current position so it's possible to estimate how far away we are from meeting the requirements of a wormhole op. 4 or 5 people in T2 BCs is probably the minimum required for a small-scale visit to a low-class wormhole (just for a few hours, nothing serious) - and I get the impression that it's a matter of months (6 or 7 maybe) until we can field that kind of force for a pre-planned op - so not too long, really. And it's as good a goal as any to work towards.
      #18   Report Post  
    Old 09-04-2010, 03:52 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bimble View Post
    I spoke to Tim last night and he has said we will be in the magazine it just takes time. To be honest it took the WoW guild a good 6 months to get going, they are coming up to 2 years old now which is why it is so big.

He also setup Teamspeak channels for us and gave me moderator.
    I'm sure this corp would explode once it's featured, but good leadership is vital.

PCGE should be taking cues from the corp B0RT. B0RT is the corporation for the dreddit community. Its been active 6 months, and runs an successful 0.0 alliance called TEST. This is the most recent example of a new community based corp breaking onto the scene.

It took B0RT about one week to go from the creation of the corp to messing around in 0.0.

Community based corporations in eve are the most successful types of corporations. The big example of course being Goonfleet, from Something Awful.

It might be useful to look at how (or talk to) other community based corporations achieved success.
    [SteamID : Sneaklemming]-[Starcraft II : Sneaklemming#825]-[Eve Online : Sneak Lemming]
      #19   Report Post  
    Old 09-14-2010, 01:17 PM

I've not got that much experience of wormholes, but I remember we went with several BCs (with repair drones and a preferably online remote rep) the odd AF and one logistics which was more than enough at the time. We had a decent amount of us, but even with 12-15 of us we each made a tidy amount of money for not that much effort. I'm also fairly sure we were all in PvP fit armour tanked BCs with the point/web offlined so we could fit an online RR in case there should be any fights to be had we could SS, online points/offline reps and give them a warm reception.

As far as an overall plan for the Corp I don't know as in the past I've always joined well established Corps, but time and again things would stagnate if we didn't have a long term goal and a series of short term goals to be working towards.

Also as far as a POS is concerned while I tried to avoid them as much as possible aren't you better off running one in high sec where it's easy to keep it maintained and relatively safe where you can still turn a small profit? Rather than basing out of a WH where the logistics will be a headache and it's at greater risk...this is just from someone who doesn't have much experience of wormholes, but I have spent an evening shooting at and then promptly nicking a small WH POS with relative ease. Although that may have had something to do with the disaffected ex-members of that corp who just happened to have an alt with roles to offline it (but no shield password I think hence why we had to take the shield down), bonus points when it dropped a Freighter/Jump Freighter (I really can't remember) that had enough room for us to cart off all the loot.

Just some food for throught when you consider putting down that amount of money.

Last edited by Jaras; 09-14-2010 at 02:47 PM.
      #20   Report Post  
    Old 09-14-2010, 05:36 PM

Yeah, the POS was even more of a long-term plan - it would allow for increased profits from wormhole ops, but it would also be more risky. When we have a large, skilled list of members, and the resources to maintain one (and afford to lose it), it's much more of a possibility.