Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Play with PC Gamer > Minecraft > US Server

#11   Report Post  
    Old 08-05-2012, 10:03 PM

I agree about keeping the warps down for sure, I think that can be limited better especially when the railways get working and such. As is there's probably a lot of warps that can honestly be deleted. Maybe we could set up some kind of big warp spot, too, with paths or something that lead to other towns from there. I know we used to have some things like that set up, especially to not spend warps on smaller towns.
      #12   Report Post  
    Old 08-06-2012, 04:00 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to Jpang

Quote:
    Originally Posted by razazeal View Post
    Let's try to keep warps to a reasonable amount, it already sucks going through 6 pages of them.
    Yep, I'm still wondering how we got that many of them.

Steam: JpangElite
    Twitter: @JpangElite
      #13   Report Post  
    Old 08-06-2012, 04:03 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to Jpang

For stats, we can always go old fashioned and do what we did in the old days, by just having new members of a town put their name on a sign :P. Idk, just a thought.

Steam: JpangElite
    Twitter: @JpangElite
      #14   Report Post  
    Old 08-06-2012, 07:41 AM

to be honest i didnt like towny

fair enought it gave ares of land protection. but peoples desire to be a closed off town preventing good navigation of footways and bridges, map 1 was a good example there were roadseverywhere and you have to learn which way you needed to go. and youd essentially have to view othewr builds and appreciate them on the way. a lot of that has gone and i think this may bring it back
      #15   Report Post  
    Old 08-06-2012, 09:35 AM

Smile

Quote:
    Originally Posted by PiLoT8585 View Post
    to be honest i didnt like towny

fair enought it gave ares of land protection. but peoples desire to be a closed off town preventing good navigation of footways and bridges, map 1 was a good example there were roadseverywhere and you have to learn which way you needed to go. and youd essentially have to view othewr builds and appreciate them on the way. a lot of that has gone and i think this may bring it back
    I can understand how people who've been griefed would want closed builds.
    But, like Pilot, I also think its nice to be able to see a town with nice builds and walk through it.

Perhaps once you have your rail system in place, you could do like what the UK server does? Have a "trial" period where someone can't build or place, but can travel. Perhaps have a set of rules that they must read and agree to before a mod or admin gives them Builder status?

(I may have missed it if you guys already do this btw. In that case, apologies. )

Dum spiro spero - While I breathe, I hope.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bashiok
    And when you see them you'll be all like :O and we'll be all like and then people on the forums will still be all like(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻(Link)
      #16   Report Post  
    Old 08-06-2012, 11:01 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Antonius View Post
    I can understand how people who've been griefed would want closed builds.
    But, like Pilot, I also think its nice to be able to see a town with nice builds and walk through it.

Perhaps once you have your rail system in place, you could do like what the UK server does? Have a "trial" period where someone can't build or place, but can travel. Perhaps have a set of rules that they must read and agree to before a mod or admin gives them Builder status?

(I may have missed it if you guys already do this btw. In that case, apologies. )
    Nobody can build on our server until we promote them, and before we do that we make sure they read the rules. Travel is fully possible.
      #17   Report Post  
    Old 08-06-2012, 11:55 AM

i meant more people relying on town spawns and warps. never used to be like that

on the first 2 maps we had walkways and bridges and paths everywhere. may make the map look bad isometrically. but it let people appreciate the scale of builds if the halve to walk or fly by
      #18   Report Post  
    Old 08-06-2012, 11:56 AM

Talking

Quote:
    Originally Posted by SynT View Post
    Nobody can build on our server until we promote them, and before we do that we make sure they read the rules. Travel is fully possible.
    Well then. That's good!

From what I've read, on these forums and others, Towny takes a lot of resources, setup and hassle. I'd imagine the Admins will actually be able to build and enjoy MC again, instead of fighting with code.

Dum spiro spero - While I breathe, I hope.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bashiok
    And when you see them you'll be all like :O and we'll be all like and then people on the forums will still be all like(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻(Link)
      #19   Report Post  
    Old 08-06-2012, 01:38 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Antonius View Post
    Well then. That's good!

From what I've read, on these forums and others, Towny takes a lot of resources, setup and hassle. I'd imagine the Admins will actually be able to build and enjoy MC again, instead of fighting with code.

I takes some time to setup but once it's running, and is working, there is little to nothing admins has to do. Unless it crashes.
      #20   Report Post  
    Old 08-06-2012, 03:57 PM

I love this server, I love the people I play with on here! Also I appreciate everything the mods and admins do for us players . I really do hope there is something we can do that wouldn't be a pain for you guys.