Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Play with PC Gamer > Planetside 2

#11   Report Post  
    Old 07-29-2012, 01:58 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Brit89 View Post
    Firstly let me say I've never played PS before, so don't know much about it. What I do know, and about PS2, is through interviews, videos, veterans accounts and all the good stuff like that.

Second, about your post, few things:

1) You come to a site that is well known in the gaming market and community, who are not only big but have their own community... so obviously have guilds, clans, groups, squads etc associated with PCG of their own.
    2) The "For arranging community games and guilds"... part is for the games and guilds set up with, by and for PCG, not outsiders.
    3) If you have 300+ members, why come here anyway?
    4) This one I'm unsure about, but from what I've gathered this game isn't really so much as a casual experience. It's a large-scale MMOFPS concentrating on territorial control in an open-world with thousands of players. I don't think, and vets please correct me if I'm wrong, you can be casual when playing this.
    1. it didnt specify no outside guilds posting and if there is a problem then PCgamer Staff/Mod can tell me themselves
    2. the 300+ was an older guild from the original. If some of them make it back to use great
    3. yes you do need lots of hardcore players. but with planetside 2 they are adding offline leveling for the casual players so they don't fall to far behind
      #12   Report Post  
    Old 07-29-2012, 07:21 AM
    Insane Moderator

I say this respectfully, you don't poach from other gaming sites/community's as it's considered by many, to be rude, showing no respect to our community in an attempt to make your own guild recognized and respected as one of the top premiere guilds within the Planetside 2 universe.

As previously mentioned, PCG has it's own community of reader's, which is making it's own outfit in Planetside 2 for it's own member's and whilst you may defend your position here, with your freedom to post, in fairness, your just alienating yourselves, which could have a knock on effect into beta and live should you continue posting here especially if your posting in other community's.

Staff with PCG don't have special titles here on these forums, so could have posted to you already, but many of us feel a sense of pride in trying to educate new member's like yourselves to the way we do thing's here at PCG. Just because it's not a staff member telling you, doesn't mean you can't exercise a little common sense and decency, when we try to tell you our feeling's to your action's here.

I really do wish you luck with your guild and hope you continue to grow and enjoy planetside 2.
      #13   Report Post  
    Old 07-29-2012, 07:25 AM
    Insane Moderator

@Brit

4. Some player's of the original Planetside have been playing for nine years and still not recieved command rank five. Casual player's can come in and play for an hour and SOE welcome those sort's of player's with their new system in Planetside 2, however, many top guild's, do require a certain amount of activity from players in order to compete as game leader's.
      #14   Report Post  
    Old 07-29-2012, 08:39 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Olgit View Post
    I say this respectfully, you don't poach from other gaming sites/community's as it's considered by many, to be rude, showing no respect to our community in an attempt to make your own guild recognized and respected as one of the top premiere guilds within the Planetside 2 universe.

As previously mentioned, PCG has it's own community of reader's, which is making it's own outfit in Planetside 2 for it's own member's and whilst you may defend your position here, with your freedom to post, in fairness, your just alienating yourselves, which could have a knock on effect into beta and live should you continue posting here especially if your posting in other community's.

Staff with PCG don't have special titles here on these forums, so could have posted to you already, but many of us feel a sense of pride in trying to educate new member's like yourselves to the way we do thing's here at PCG. Just because it's not a staff member telling you, doesn't mean you can't exercise a little common sense and decency, when we try to tell you our feeling's to your action's here.

I really do wish you luck with your guild and hope you continue to grow and enjoy planetside 2.
    1. Well until a forum mod says its not allowed i am free to do as free speech says after all its what america is founded on
    2. i cant poach what doesn't want to be poached if poaching was my intent
    3. So if PCG don't have special titles on there own website. who is to stop spam, trolling seem kinda odd and an almost made up statement
    4.Common sense and decency would have been nice in the beginning when when the first Senior Member donbar troll post a comment that was in a rude and non-respectful way and give lower member or casual forum readers the impression that we don't know what planetside even is. Second post senior member rossrox another troll post. If this is such a great community how come half the post from other PCG member have been ether classified as a toll/non-constructive posts.
    5. maybe make it clearer for on what this forum is only for after all i didn't post in specific outfit forums on in a general planetside 2 forum.
    6. Realy casual players are not guild leaders or officers who da thunk.

Last edited by belgradar; 07-29-2012 at 08:50 AM.
      #15   Report Post  
    Old 07-29-2012, 02:26 PM

as Olgit says every post you make just makes you and your guild look worse, the only thing you are achieving now is making your group look bad and giving them a bad name, people have informed your nicely what the forum is for (after all it is under the heading "play with PC Gamer") the vast majority of people will play with the PCG staff or one of the other associated outfits.

but really spamming random sites is not the way to grow a guild, it just makes you look desperate, the best thing you can do is stick to the official forums as the people looking for a guild will go there, chances are if people come here it will just be for the PCG guilds.
      #16   Report Post  
    Old 07-30-2012, 03:26 PM

Saw the thread - thought, interesting... popped in and started to read... was going to click your link, but continued to read your posts. In all fairness 'Bel' is right, you are your own worst enemy here.

This is the 'Play WITH PCGamer' forum yet you've come here and don't see that what you're doing is a problem - more so when every member of the forum here has tried to explain it to you.

You've never posted on this site before but seem to believe that it is within the realms of decorum to hijack another site's community pages and self advertise. How would you react if one of us came over to your pages and started bugging people to join the PCG guild?

Now the 'mods' may not see this thread as a problem cause no one here is every going to join you - but you (and I say this with all politeness) need to have a serious think about your advertising strategy...
      #17   Report Post  
    Old 07-30-2012, 05:49 PM

This is a response to all the haters on PCG forums

On a side note i know of a few players in this outfit that are pcgamer sub/readers. So in effect i am playing with PCG players and in effect this is now and official Valid use on the terms of this forum

Last edited by belgradar; 07-30-2012 at 05:51 PM.
      #18   Report Post  
    Old 07-30-2012, 06:17 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by belgradar View Post
    This is a response to all the haters on PCG forums

On a side note i know of a few players in this outfit that are pcgamer sub/readers. So in effect i am playing with PCG players and in effect this is now and official Valid use on the terms of this forum
    Yeah, but I think you've portrayed yourself as a bit of a gooch in the face of opposition so its probably just best to let go.
      #19   Report Post  
    Old 07-30-2012, 07:04 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Nubble View Post
    Yeah, but I think you've portrayed yourself as a bit of a gooch in the face of opposition so its probably just best to let go.
    Just walk away Nubbski... If we don't believe in him, then he doesn't exist!!
      #20   Report Post  
    Old 07-31-2012, 07:19 AM

I would be fine with this fourm post if it was a NC guild, because we dont have one of those. 1st:Why steal people from us when you already have 300+ members. 2nd: I checked your site to see if you are even one of the leaders, you aren't even a member of the guild. That probably means you are promoting them to even be a member. I am sorry if you really wanna promote "your" guild go to Planetside Universe or the reddit Planetside subreddit. 3rd: Are you blind, look how many people asked you to leave politely and you keep on saying " ITs okay beacause the terms say so".