Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Off topic

#11   Report Post  
    Old 07-16-2012, 05:46 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by GamerGirlfriend View Post
    ...October the 21st. On that day we've been together for two and a half years.
    That's my birthday by coincidence.

Thanks for the answer, I thought it might be something simple like that. I hope he likes it and that you continue to be happy together.
      #12   Report Post  
    Old 07-16-2012, 07:36 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Chewwie View Post
    That's my birthday by coincidence.

Thanks for the answer, I thought it might be something simple like that. I hope he likes it and that you continue to be happy together.
    You serious?! Haha, that's cool! On that day last year, we went to a A Day to Remember concert!

Thanks a lot, you're so sweet!
      #13   Report Post  
    Old 07-16-2012, 09:07 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by GamerGirlfriend View Post
    Ah, thanks a lot for the advice! And I totally agree with you. Gaming has a bad reputation for some reason, and I'm gonna try to change that at least a tiny bit.

I've already given Mass Effect 2 a shot, but I'm gonna play that a little bit more as soon as I can. Do you have any suggestions of games to try out?

Btw, my boyfriend loves Dragon Age II, even though he liked the first game better.
    Some games:

Broken Sword 1 & 2
    Secret of Monkey Island 1, 2 & 3
    Baldur's Gate II
    Knights of the Old Republic

And Mass Effect 1 should be where you start - even though ME2 will feel pretty dumbed down when you have. ME3 feels another step down the ladder then but depending on how much freedom you enjoy in your games (I crave freedom myself) it may either feel more streamlined or not.

Some gamers prefer to be led by the hand and not have to think much besides just going from A to B - I prefer giving the choice of A B C D E F etc. and figuring things out myself, exploring and doing side quests - which is more what Baldur's Gate II does and even Knights of the Old Republic in a way.

Again, it depends on what you like or look for in games - freedom and atmosphere are two key words for me and any game where I feel like I'm in a generic on-the-rails action game *cough* Modern Warfare *cough* will make me quit in a heartbeat.
      #14   Report Post  
    Old 07-16-2012, 11:58 PM

Send a message via AIM to Megazell Send a message via MSN to Megazell Send a message via Skype™ to Megazell

Interesting. I'm not sure if it's because of where you guys are but there are a lot of gaming women/girls in NYC.

My main wife plays old school FPS like UT and Quake but spends a lot more time playing puzzles and adventures games. My 2nd is more into CO-OP games like brawlers and head to head platformers.

When I met them both they were in arcades and heading to tournies. I think if are only use to play SP games or too rigid about how your play your games you may alienate a lot of people in general but women especially.

Most women I have found who are into games were they can interact with others and complete objectives together or are into games that be dropped at any time.

This blog and what you are doing sounds like a very fun way to interact and contribute - Good Luck with it
      #15   Report Post  
    Old 07-17-2012, 06:50 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Red_Avatar View Post
    Some games:

Broken Sword 1 & 2
    Secret of Monkey Island 1, 2 & 3
    Baldur's Gate II
    Knights of the Old Republic

And Mass Effect 1 should be where you start - even though ME2 will feel pretty dumbed down when you have. ME3 feels another step down the ladder then but depending on how much freedom you enjoy in your games (I crave freedom myself) it may either feel more streamlined or not.

Some gamers prefer to be led by the hand and not have to think much besides just going from A to B - I prefer giving the choice of A B C D E F etc. and figuring things out myself, exploring and doing side quests - which is more what Baldur's Gate II does and even Knights of the Old Republic in a way.

Again, it depends on what you like or look for in games - freedom and atmosphere are two key words for me and any game where I feel like I'm in a generic on-the-rails action game *cough* Modern Warfare *cough* will make me quit in a heartbeat.
    Thanks man! I told my boyfriend to download those for me. He was like: "What the hell are you up to?". Haha.

I totally agree with you. I hate to be led byt the hand, and I'm all for so called sandbox games. That's what it's called in Swedish, haha. I like to do what I want, and not be on a quest etc. That's why I never quite liked WoW. I just ran around looking at the beautiful nature. But I love Minecraft, Skyrim and Just Cause 2, dear God. Awesome.

Keep reading the blog and I'll try some of your games out!

Last edited by GamerGirlfriend; 07-17-2012 at 06:54 AM.
      #16   Report Post  
    Old 07-17-2012, 06:54 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Megazell View Post
    Interesting. I'm not sure if it's because of where you guys are but there are a lot of gaming women/girls in NYC.

My main wife plays old school FPS like UT and Quake but spends a lot more time playing puzzles and adventures games. My 2nd is more into CO-OP games like brawlers and head to head platformers.

When I met them both they were in arcades and heading to tournies. I think if are only use to play SP games or too rigid about how your play your games you may alienate a lot of people in general but women especially.

Most women I have found who are into games were they can interact with others and complete objectives together or are into games that be dropped at any time.

This blog and what you are doing sounds like a very fun way to interact and contribute - Good Luck with it
    I used to play a lot of FPS autumn '10. I was working at this awful place and needed to release some serious anger. When I quit working there, I also quit playing. I would like to try it again, actually. I wasn't too good.

Thank you so much! And thanks for your thoughts! It's really interesting what you're saying, and it's so helpful!
      #17   Report Post  
    Old 07-17-2012, 02:35 PM

Quote:
    My main wife
    Wait..
    Quote:
    My 2nd
    What? Your married twice?

I know you like collecting old Freeware games Megazell, but wives as well? Christ, talk about having your work cut out..
      #18   Report Post  
    Old 07-17-2012, 02:41 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dylanger View Post
    Wait..

What? Your married twice?

I know you like collecting old Freeware games Megazell, but wives as well? Christ, talk about having your work cut out..
    Clearly he lives in a hippy cult where everything is free and everyone is allowed to have multiple partners
      #19   Report Post  
    Old 07-17-2012, 03:23 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Red_Avatar View Post
    Clearly he lives in a hippy cult where everything is free and everyone is allowed to have multiple partners
    Explains why he has to have everything free. Supporting two women... geeze.

| AsRock Extreme3 Gen3 | Intel Core i5 2500K (Stock Cooler) | 8GB G.Skill DDR3 | Sapphire HD 7970 | 1TB WD Caviar Green | 5 TB WD External | Corsair 750HX PSU | Asus Xonar DS | NZXT Phantom | Tt Ultimate Challenger Keyboard | Cyborg R.A.T. 7 | Windows 8.1 Professional 64bit | Logitech z623 Sound System |

Steam
      #20   Report Post  
    Old 07-17-2012, 09:32 PM

@ Chewwie

You do realize that your avatar is PERFECT for this thread, correct?

Tags

blog, gamer, gaming, girlfriend, minecraft