Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Off topic

#1   Report Post  
    Old 07-15-2012, 04:55 PM

Default My gamer girlfriend blog!

Hi you guys.

Quite recently I started this blog about my life as a gamer girlfriend. The blog is a secret project at the moment, but I plan to reveal it to my boyfriend on October the 21st - our 2 and a half year anniversary. I created it first and foremost as a surprise for him and to prove to him and others that gaming and girlfriends do mix. It's also a way for me to learn more about my boyfriend's biggest passion, and in that way come even closer to him.

I write about my boyfriend's gaming, my gaming experience, new games, equipment and lots of other stuff. I hope you'll like it!

It would mean the world to be if you checked the blog out and came with commentaries and response and so on.

[url]http://agamergirlfriend.blogspot.se/[/url]

/GamerGirlfriend
      #2   Report Post  
    Old 07-15-2012, 05:51 PM

Is there even such a thing as a 2 1/2 year anniversary?
      #3   Report Post  
    Old 07-15-2012, 05:56 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by JackRabbit View Post
    Is there even such a thing as a 2 1/2 year anniversary?
    To us, yes.
      #4   Report Post  
    Old 07-15-2012, 05:58 PM

Just seems to me more like a 1 6/8 anniversary present!
    Yeh. I'm gonna die alone.

Last edited by JackRabbit; 07-15-2012 at 06:13 PM.
      #5   Report Post  
    Old 07-16-2012, 01:35 PM

The closest my girlfriend gets to my gaming hobby is when she turns the computer off.

apparently gaming is a waste of time from her point of view. Why game when you could spend that quality time watching Eastenders, Holby, corrie or some other dross..

When explaning the intricacies of just how good some games story can be and how involving it can get I'm sadly met with - [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHy1rFeBDzQ[/url]

Some girls will just never get it. But it could be worse, she could like the Sims, WoW and the twilight films...
      #6   Report Post  
    Old 07-16-2012, 03:15 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dylanger View Post
    The closest my girlfriend gets to my gaming hobby is when she turns the computer off.

apparently gaming is a waste of time from her point of view. Why game when you could spend that quality time watching Eastenders, Holby, corrie or some other dross..

When explaning the intricacies of just how good some games story can be and how involving it can get I'm sadly met with - [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHy1rFeBDzQ[/url]

Some girls will just never get it. But it could be worse, she could like the Sims, WoW and the twilight films...
    Hahahaha! I could be like that sometimes too, when it's just too much. You should totally show her my blog, though.
      #7   Report Post  
    Old 07-16-2012, 05:04 PM

Oh, if you want a tip as a gamer girlfriend: Dragon Age II is terrible *runs out*

But seriously - finding a girl here who tolerates gaming is incredibly hard enough and I've had my share of arguments about games in the past. I think a lot of it is narrow-mindedness - where it's ok to read a book but not to play a game with an interactive story you wish to unfold. Or it's okay to lazy about on the couch watching a dull acting flick but not okay to be the one playing a online FPS where your brain is constantly engaged.

So good luck on breaking the mould! If I can give you any advice : don't stick to the typical girl choices for games which are:

World of Warcraft
    Minecraft
    Popcap games
    Object hunting games

Those are really the mainstream fringes of gaming. Instead, try the classic adventure games, try a few RPGs, even dabble in an action game or two or a good old strategy game!
      #8   Report Post  
    Old 07-16-2012, 05:24 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Red_Avatar View Post
    Oh, if you want a tip as a gamer girlfriend: Dragon Age II is terrible *runs out*

But seriously - finding a girl here who tolerates gaming is incredibly hard enough and I've had my share of arguments about games in the past. I think a lot of it is narrow-mindedness - where it's ok to read a book but not to play a game with an interactive story you wish to unfold. Or it's okay to lazy about on the couch watching a dull acting flick but not okay to be the one playing a online FPS where your brain is constantly engaged.

So good luck on breaking the mould! If I can give you any advice : don't stick to the typical girl choices for games which are:

World of Warcraft
    Minecraft
    Popcap games
    Object hunting games

Those are really the mainstream fringes of gaming. Instead, try the classic adventure games, try a few RPGs, even dabble in an action game or two or a good old strategy game!
    Ah, thanks a lot for the advice! And I totally agree with you. Gaming has a bad reputation for some reason, and I'm gonna try to change that at least a tiny bit.

I've already given Mass Effect 2 a shot, but I'm gonna play that a little bit more as soon as I can. Do you have any suggestions of games to try out?

Btw, my boyfriend loves Dragon Age II, even though he liked the first game better.
      #9   Report Post  
    Old 07-16-2012, 05:28 PM

A nice read. Much respect to you.

Why keep it a secret and why is it important to you to reveal it to him on the chosen date? Tell me to mind my own if you like, but I am curious
      #10   Report Post  
    Old 07-16-2012, 05:39 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Chewwie View Post
    A nice read. Much respect to you.

Why keep it a secret and why is it important to you to reveal it to him on the chosen date? Tell me to mind my own if you like, but I am curious
    Haha, no, no! I'm just happy you're asking!

I don't know, really. I just though that it would be more of a surprise if I worked on it for a couple of months, you know. It's actually quite funny to keep it away from him. He knows I'm up to something, and it's driving him freaking insane, haha.

At first I didn't know when to reveal it, so I just decided that I should show it in October. Just to have something to go for. After that I decided to go with October the 21st. On that day we've been together for two and a half years.

Tags

blog, gamer, gaming, girlfriend, minecraft