Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Games

#11   Report Post  
    Old 07-01-2012, 10:25 PM

Send a message via AIM to Megazell Send a message via MSN to Megazell Send a message via Skype™ to Megazell

Quote:
    Originally Posted by FutureSuture View Post
    That's the thing. Many just keep Windows around to game. If they could game on Linux more, they would ditch Windows entirely. Others don't bother with Windows at all but would still like to game more on Linux.
    That's my family right there.
      #12   Report Post  
    Old 07-01-2012, 10:50 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Megazell
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by FutureSuture
    That's the thing. Many just keep Windows around to game. If they could game on Linux more, they would ditch Windows entirely. Others don't bother with Windows at all but would still like to game more on Linux.
    That's my family right there.
    And a vast majority of the people who commented on the articles regarding Steam coming to Linux here on PC Gamer and every other news source that covered the subject. These people most certainly exist. Heck, I think I am one of them judging from the software I use on my Windows 7 installation.
      #13   Report Post  
    Old 07-04-2012, 05:59 PM

Over 4 500 votes now! Great effort! Keep it up you guys.
      #14   Report Post  
    Old 07-05-2012, 07:00 PM

I can't wait for linux to be mainstream. It's superb, runs fast, but it has compatibility issues...
    Geforce GTX485M @ 2GB
    12GB RAM @ 1600Mhz
    250GB SSD
      #15   Report Post  
    Old 07-13-2012, 02:24 PM

Fun and silly fact: Just wanted to say that [URL="http://www.gog.com/en/wishlist/site/add_linux_versions_of_games"]the request asking for Linux games to be sold on GOG[/URL] now has more votes than [URL="http://steamcommunity.com/groups/steam-linux"]the Steam group asking for a Linux client[/URL] has members! Keep it up!
      #16   Report Post  
    Old 07-13-2012, 02:29 PM

it's easy to vote multiple times, sure you could make more accounts on steam to do the same affect but since they can track unused accounts they could easily see all these are fake making it pointless.

so really at the end of the day these online petitions and stuff are just pointless as they have no real physical value, best example of this being the anti MW2 group on steam that had about 80% of the people playing MW2 on release day.
      #17   Report Post  
    Old 07-13-2012, 03:44 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Belimawr View Post
    it's easy to vote multiple times, sure you could make more accounts on steam to do the same affect but since they can track unused accounts they could easily see all these are fake making it pointless.

so really at the end of the day these online petitions and stuff are just pointless as they have no real physical value, best example of this being the anti MW2 group on steam that had about 80% of the people playing MW2 on release day.
    This community wishlist is run by GOG itself and isn't just for website features but games as well. I am sure GOG knows what the pros and cons were when they introduced this feature and surely have some "anti cheat" mechanism implemented.
      #18   Report Post  
    Old 07-13-2012, 11:48 PM
    Banned

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Belimawr View Post
    you thing GOG work on games? they do nothing to the game other than often package it with free software that anyone can download and setup to then sell it as a working version. 90% of the older games that wont run on XP or above are just ran through a preconfigured version of DOSbox, a quick google can get you those settings and the rest are basically as they came all those years ago, so really GOG does nothing be sell you the same game a second time under the pretence of it being a working version when they have done nothing but use the work of others.
    Damn sight easier than finding all million discs and patches and tweaks and no-cd cracks and software for the original Baldur's Gate games.

In regards to the thread; what a waste of resources that would be. Who even uses Linux?
      #19   Report Post  
    Old 07-14-2012, 01:13 AM

Send a message via AIM to Megazell Send a message via MSN to Megazell Send a message via Skype™ to Megazell

Quote:
    Originally Posted by TheXand View Post
    Damn sight easier than finding all million discs and patches and tweaks and no-cd cracks and software for the original Baldur's Gate games.

In regards to the thread; what a waste of resources that would be. Who even uses Linux?
    It must be 1992 in the PC world you live in.

[url]http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_many_people_use_Linux[/url]

Last edited by Megazell; 07-14-2012 at 01:15 AM.
      #20   Report Post  
    Old 07-14-2012, 01:16 AM
    Banned

We civilised types use Windows 7.

Tags

desura, gog, linux, steam, windows