Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Off topic

#11   Report Post  
    Old 07-02-2012, 05:54 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Red_Avatar View Post
    I dropped Firefox a year and a half ago and when I now use Firefox again, I immediately groan at the weaknesses. That's not to say Firefox is a bad browser - far from it - but it's obvious that it's trying to mimic Chrome and is lagging behind.
    I wish it wouldn't, the chrome UI is horrible.
      #12   Report Post  
    Old 07-02-2012, 05:57 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by jon_hill987 View Post
    why? it is minimal but still has everything easy to find in the menu.
      #13   Report Post  
    Old 07-02-2012, 08:49 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by jon_hill987 View Post
    Chrome ui it's actually the best. There's very little on sight, because you rearely need what's in the back, and when you do need it, it's a shortcut away. I like chrome, but it's buggy, and i very often get "profile couldn't be loaded" error, even after i reinstalled it, so it's annoying, but it's fast, and it does it's job.

And on the subject,

I think it's a good thing they push the boundaries of html5, the canvas element in html is awesome, and javascript is on it's way to be the most-used programming language. We will soon play very big games, like call of duty or games like that, in the browser. As a programmer, i give this about 6,7 years .
    Geforce GTX485M @ 2GB
    12GB RAM @ 1600Mhz
    250GB SSD
      #14   Report Post  
    Old 07-02-2012, 09:04 PM

Google has already demoed a couple of supposed "triple A" games ran through chrome, but really I don't see it taking off.

as for the future of the web, Adobe is dropping support for flash on android towards the end of August (if you don't already have it then you never can have it) and they are not updating it to work with Android 4.1, now while this is bad in the short term HTML5 runs so much smoother on android than flash ever did, so it seems even Adobe is slowly calling it a day on flash so it seems HTML5 will be getting pushed even more by Google and chances are the other big Android manufacturers.

hell even MS is starting to see the benefit of pushing for HTML5 support, we just need more sites to do the [URL="http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-18440979"]IE7 Tax[/URL] to push more people onto at least the newer versions of IE (altho if your still on XP your screwed on higher versions of IE, but then supposedly the next version of IE wont even work on Vista)
      #15   Report Post  
    Old 07-03-2012, 04:47 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Belimawr View Post
    Google has already demoed a couple of supposed "triple A" games ran through chrome, but really I don't see it taking off.

as for the future of the web, Adobe is dropping support for flash on android towards the end of August (if you don't already have it then you never can have it) and they are not updating it to work with Android 4.1, now while this is bad in the short term HTML5 runs so much smoother on android than flash ever did, so it seems even Adobe is slowly calling it a day on flash so it seems HTML5 will be getting pushed even more by Google and chances are the other big Android manufacturers.

hell even MS is starting to see the benefit of pushing for HTML5 support, we just need more sites to do the [URL="http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-18440979"]IE7 Tax[/URL] to push more people onto at least the newer versions of IE (altho if your still on XP your screwed on higher versions of IE, but then supposedly the next version of IE wont even work on Vista)
    Oh god, the ie tax is everything i ever wanted. I work as a front end web designer, and IE is a pain in the ass. Even ie9 is pretty shitty from a webdesigner's point of view.
    Geforce GTX485M @ 2GB
    12GB RAM @ 1600Mhz
    250GB SSD
      #16   Report Post  
    Old 07-04-2012, 06:10 PM

I personally have decided to stick with Firefox after trying out Chrome extensively. The latter simply isn't for me. I love to customize my web browser by making it look like what I want and by making it do what I want. Couldn't do that in Chrome. Regarding resources, the commenters over at [URL="http://www.favbrowser.com/"]FavBrowser[/URL] seem to mostly agree that it's a toss up. Since every single tab is its own process in Chrome, it is said that Chrome is the resource hog, while others say that Firefox still has memory leaks.

Last edited by FutureSuture; 07-04-2012 at 07:36 PM.
      #17   Report Post  
    Old 07-12-2012, 01:22 PM

I've been experiencing this also. Though my case was on playback, after the videos load fully then I want to watch it again but it freezes then returns a black page. I don't if it's my browser or what. It's really annoying when you are in the middle of the video then boom it stops playing.

Tags

flash, html5, youtube