Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Play with PC Gamer > Minecraft > US Server

#1   Report Post  
    Old 05-08-2012, 03:55 PM

Angry Ban Appeal

I see lately the Server has gotten a lot of new moderators and a steady flow of new players. I propose a Lift on all Bans. Wipe the slate clean. Give everyone a second chance. It would take little effort on your part to be rid of the person again should they ever get out of line. We should welcome everybody who is willing to play here and will play by the rules. Right now it's too many Chiefs not enough Indians. What's the point of being Moderator if you have no one to moderate. I suggest we start jailing more as that can also be fun. Mute the person toss them in a cell and just leave them. I think secretly these people want to be punished anyway so why not have fun with it.

Also on a side note. I lost 5 Million in yesterdays Iconomy crash. I know it means little but that's a whole lot of clicking. The Iconomy is the only kind of scoring system in the game at the moment and I would appreciate if this 5 Million is restored.

Wireless redstone signs are giving the same error message mc mania signs were giving also. The "Do not have permission to make this sign" error.''

Do you read me
      #2   Report Post  
    Old 05-08-2012, 03:58 PM
    Banned

That would be a remarkably idiotic idea, sorry. I don't know how it is stateside but on the UK server, since november (When we started properly logging) we've banned almost 300 people. The vast majority of them are people who come on, wait a few minutes until they think we're not looking and then start wrecking builds.

Oh yes, they really deserve a second chance.
      #3   Report Post  
    Old 05-08-2012, 04:09 PM

Talking Thats sad to Hear

That's sad to hear. Things are no where near as bad on the US server. Worst case scenario kid hangs around for half an hour waiting to see if nobody is looking. He breaks one block where he is not suppose to and a mod or admin is on that ass. Plus we use towny. It's not a free for all like you are making it out to be. I've never been on the UK server, not interested. Sounds like you guys need to step your game up! Cheers.
      #4   Report Post  
    Old 05-08-2012, 04:12 PM
    Banned

Quote:
    Originally Posted by LouieG View Post
    That's sad to hear. Things are no where near as bad on the US server. Worst case scenario kid hangs around for half an hour waiting to see if nobody is looking. He breaks one block where he is not suppose to and a mod or admin is on that ass. Plus we use towny. It's not a free for all like you are making it out to be. I've never been on the UK server, not interested. Sounds like you guys need to step your game up! Cheers.
    We're not interested in Towny and Iconomy and all the drama nonsense it brings (Not to mention those abysmal looking prefixes). And shockingly no, we get along just fine without, just the occasional griefer whose damage gets reverted within minutes.

I daresay your mod team will agree thats its a silly idea unbanning people anyway. People are banned for a reason, because they've proven (Often more than once) that they can't be trusted.

Last edited by Palodin; 05-08-2012 at 04:16 PM.
      #5   Report Post  
    Old 05-08-2012, 04:17 PM

Quote:
    wait a few minutes until they think we're not looking and then start wrecking builds.
    Talk about Drama. Remember this game is about people and what they build. Not inflated Egos and Lightning Strikes.
      #6   Report Post  
    Old 05-08-2012, 04:19 PM
    Banned

Quote:
    Originally Posted by LouieG View Post
    Talk about Drama. Remember this game is about people and what they build. Not inflated Egos and Lightning Strikes.
    Which is why they're quietly banned and their damage reverted without ceremony. Not sure what your point was there.
      #7   Report Post  
    Old 05-08-2012, 04:21 PM

We have in place a system where someone who feels they deserve another chance can send an email to an account that all mods and admins can see. We have in fact overturned quite a few bans, some of those players take the game more seriously in their second life, but the majority just do what they did to get banned in the first place all over again. The whole list would be bad, individual cases under consideration we can manage. As you said there are quite a few mods now (too many if u ask me) we can take the time to review a previous ban if asked.
      #8   Report Post  
    Old 05-08-2012, 04:23 PM

Default Nice

Without the people who play here these servers are nothing. That is my point.
      #9   Report Post  
    Old 05-08-2012, 04:25 PM

Default You are right

Quote:
    Originally Posted by razazeal View Post
    We have in place a system where someone who feels they deserve another chance can send an email to an account that all mods and admins can see. We have in fact overturned quite a few bans, some of those players take the game more seriously in their second life, but the majority just do what they did to get banned in the first place all over again. The whole list would be bad, individual cases under consideration we can manage. As you said there are quite a few mods now (too many if u ask me) we can take the time to review a previous ban if asked.
    That's exactly right. You have people who take this as a second life and you have the jerk who is just passing through and will probably never return. I think the US server is more than capable of dealing with all and any threats. Seriously. What's to be scared of?

Last edited by LouieG; 05-08-2012 at 04:27 PM. Reason: I had more to say.
      #10   Report Post  
    Old 05-08-2012, 05:23 PM

The point I think that was being made with the email system was; If they want a second chance they can email to appeal their ban, if they can't be bothered to move their fingers for a few minutes then why should the moderators go through the trouble of unbanning and then re-banning them?

You say banning them again isn't hard, while typing the command may not be the stress to the moderators and users is real. Sure the users may be able to go on about their normal gaming but the moderators won't be able to play the game while they are banning people endlessly
    Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/snowy1256
    Steam Name: snowy