Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Play with PC Gamer > Minecraft > US Server

#11   Report Post  
    Old 06-12-2012, 09:30 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to Jpang

I really agree with you JTJ, I kinda have the same mindset as that, and I wanted to have school as a priority and video games kinda on the side to enjoy when I have time. But it seems that only you and SnyTe understand that, as I'm constantly being bashed by Pilot for not being online, which just adds more stress. I'm to the point I don't know what to do, it's all too much now.

Steam: JpangElite
    Twitter: @JpangElite
      #12   Report Post  
    Old 06-12-2012, 09:37 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to Jpang

For me, it also feels like when I have some free time and log on, I'm interrogated for my absence, and it's just not fun anymore.

Also, is there some miscommunication? Sleep says that the rest of the mod team and practically all the admins thought my demotion was needed, while JTJ says that I can do what's best for me, which can be juggling school and server.

Steam: JpangElite
    Twitter: @JpangElite
      #13   Report Post  
    Old 06-12-2012, 02:23 PM

JTJ has made an excellent post above, so I won't stray from his excellent points. Just read it and follow it and I think we can all be in a happy place in a short time. But I will add that to do this, calling out each other is the wrong way to go about it.

Etnica and Jpang, instead of resigning or backing away from the issues, why not try convincing everyone that changes need to be made and put your issues on the table in a meaningful way to resolve the situation instead of flaming the fires. Pilot and Sleep care a lot about the server and they are doing what they think is best to help it be a fun place. They have made decisions that have bothered other players but no one expresses their doubts in a meaningful way so no changes are made.

As per any communal grouping of people there are ego's and clashing personalities, but if people take the time to work it out calmly and with a cool mind then half of this crap doesn't ever have to go beyond a simple disagreement. I believe in all of you guys, that's why I stick around. Now fix this shit and come and play!
      #14   Report Post  
    Old 06-12-2012, 03:28 PM

I'm resigning from my position, thank you guys for the fun times.
      #15   Report Post  
    Old 06-12-2012, 05:42 PM

ok fair enough im not perfect. no one is. but im getting stick cause im combative.

its funny how im being called a dictator when all of the decisions i make are for everyone to vote on things, the petition is seen by both of you as us trying to get you out, when in fact you fail to relaise that at least there was one. a dictatorship doesnt take other peoples feelings and choices into account but i did. i spoke to everyone about feelings at lentgh, would i have done that as dictator? i dont think so.

the new mod voting system is a democratic vote between the mods and admins and its something ive insisted on to be fair to everyone.

the religion rule is common sense, you don't come onto a server and say hey anyone heard of such and such and expect favorable reviews. everyone has differing opinions and will voice them if invited. so i saw your asking as baiting, again im sorry if it wasnt but i have to go on gut, and considering you publicly challenge me everytime i say something its an expected thing.

now i dont know what yoiu were trying to prove in posting here. maybe you want an apology? maybe you want o be invited back? i dont know but essentially its just made you look bad. bad like when jpang actually stropped because Jexx got admin. Why did you even think anyone needed to kno why you left. to sum its up becasue YOU arent happy. not everyone.

Jpang you have been a royal pain in my ass for months and ive let it go. i got over it when we locked you out of the FTP. im not jealous of you relationship with pcgamer, im annoyed they were ignoring admins and listening to you instead.

both of you have simply made yourselves look foolish. why was all the drama really necessary
      #16   Report Post  
    Old 06-13-2012, 01:10 AM

Last edited by etnica; 07-12-2012 at 01:56 AM.
      #17   Report Post  
    Old 06-14-2012, 06:31 AM

Place a Block or Break a Block guys. Man up. I don't see where all these emotions are coming from. It's a game. Play it or don't. Those are your only real options.

Also I have to say. When I invite somebody over to my house I don't expect them to walk around and secretly Document where I keep my boxer shorts. That's just not how you do business.
      #18   Report Post  
    Old 06-14-2012, 01:56 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by LouieG View Post
    Also I have to say. When I invite somebody over to my house I don't expect them to walk around and secretly Document where I keep my boxer shorts. That's just not how you do business.
    May i say to you thank you. you're currently serving or have not long finished a weeks ban. you never griped and you understood the reasons why we had to ban.

the problem with emotions is, people cant see that it sometimes necessary were harder on certain members. this may seen unfiar but its primarily for the following reasons,

We as mods and admins need to pre-determine whether a member is going to be troublesome. this means we essentially have to limit trust, so if someone joins server then starts immediately hitting things. even though theyre deafult and cant break blocks were going to be more suspicious. some members have been on long enough to know better. so were obviously more strict. pre emptive moderation may be seen as unfair. something akin to minority report. but we have to be trusted on our abilities to do this, but also to admit when we have done it unfairly.

the religion rules is a common sense rule. snyte sisnt know about it cause hes never been on while its ever flaired up. member a comes on and mentions a religous entity and the rest pipe up with differing opinions and its not hard to see how that can get out of hand. so we have to nip it in the bud
      #19   Report Post  
    Old 06-14-2012, 03:44 PM

Last edited by etnica; 07-12-2012 at 01:56 AM.
      #20   Report Post  
    Old 06-15-2012, 06:14 PM

i love how much you guys turn minecraft into WWE.

the uk server's mod team is a complete joke also but you guys over the ocean just do it with so much more feeling.

Thanks for this post; you complete set of inbeciles xD

Last edited by waawaamp; 06-15-2012 at 06:18 PM.