Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Play with PC Gamer > Minecraft > UK Server

#1   Report Post  
    Old 06-19-2012, 11:12 PM

Default My list of suggestions

Hey guys (and girls)

Just thought I would make a list of suggestions I have for the server:

Survival map:
    - Although it's survival I think there should be some safe havens maybe communal areas such as a town or trade centre where PVP is turned off too encourage some community in the cruel backstabbing world.

Main map:
    - A tidy up could do A world of good for the server.
    - Make it constantly day time. Stopping the constant "day please" messages but still allowing adventurers to fight monsters in dark places and caves. It also makes for a more builder friendly environment.
    - Seperate spawn for new people (if possible) where they spawn in a box with the rules for a few minutes before a door opens allowing them into normal spawn. This is generally to stop the "When can I get builder/ how do I get creative etc. Questions".

New map (if the hamster could handle it):
    - Flat lands showing off the servers best builds and creations.
    - Nobody could build or destroy here so it is just like a big gallery
    - This could also go into a part of the main map.

Other stuff:
    - A streamed map on a web page so new players and older players can find places to build and also see the cool stuff other people are working on.
    - Possibly look into asking PCG for more server capacity.
    - Finally, Like with spleef have a reset button for the hunger games ( Unless it's too taxing on the server) thus allowing people to get into groups and play without need of admins with access too backend.

Thanks for looking through, Just thought I would get this out there and maybe a few things might be up for discussion.

Thanks again,

Frog

P.S thanks for creative I hope I put it to good use
      #2   Report Post  
    Old 06-19-2012, 11:22 PM
    Banned

Quote:
    Originally Posted by frogofspac View Post
    Hey guys (and girls)

Just thought I would make a list of suggestions I have for the server:

Survival map:
    - Although it's survival I think there should be some safe havens maybe communal areas such as a town or trade centre where PVP is turned off too encourage some community in the cruel backstabbing world. Easy enough to do, see what others think though

Main map:
    - A tidy up could do A world of good for the server. Tidy up what precisely? We can't exactly just go around levelling builds
    - Make it constantly day time. Stopping the constant "day please" messages but still allowing adventurers to fight monsters in dark places and caves. It also makes for a more builder friendly environment. Some people like having night time though
    - Seperate spawn for new people (if possible) where they spawn in a box with the rules for a few minutes before a door opens allowing them into normal spawn. This is generally to stop the "When can I get builder/ how do I get creative etc. Questions". This is coming, I doubt it'll stop all the questions but its coming

- This could also go into a part of the main map. Flat map is certainly possible, could be worth looking into

Other stuff:
    - A streamed map on a web page so new players and older players can find places to build and also see the cool stuff other people are working on. I don't think Multiplay allows this
    - Possibly look into asking PCG for more server capacity. I don't think its necessary, we hardly hit capacity as is
    - Finally, Like with spleef have a reset button for the hunger games ( Unless it's too taxing on the server) thus allowing people to get into groups and play without need of admins with access too backend. There is a plugin I need to look into to reset the map automatically

Thanks for looking through, Just thought I would get this out there and maybe a few things might be up for discussion.

Thanks again,

Frog

P.S thanks for creative I hope I put it to good use
    Put my input into your quote, bold text
      #3   Report Post  
    Old 06-20-2012, 02:55 AM

I'd like to throw in my suggestion as well since there's a list of them here.
    How about local chat channels for areas of the world?

In particular separate channels for like mods, admins, hunger games and spleef, i'm getting pretty tired of seeing 3...2...1...GO! all the time lol.

And perhaps the ability for people to create their own private channels and inv people into them instead of having to type /msg <player> before every line.

TLDR: Private/Public chat channels
      #4   Report Post  
    Old 06-20-2012, 11:10 AM

Good idea there Kill and in reply to you Palo

I did mean exactly that... Go around flattening crap builds of people who don't play anymore.

I agree some people like night time but whenever it does turn dark someone asks for day so either way the people who enjoy nighttime lose out... Alternatively you guys could just ignore requests for day?

Unfortunately Multiplay don't allow a mapping service just checked it out apparently uses too much memory.

For more slots i generally mean for an increase of memory more then a larger capacity. This would allow you guys to run extra maps/plugins or do larger tasks without the hamster falling out the wheel.
      #5   Report Post  
    Old 06-20-2012, 11:46 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to sliver hunter10

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Palodin View Post
    Put my input into your quote, bold text
    Pal there is a plugin that gives a world map

I like all the ideas apart from the PVP town there's no point in it really whos going to run it look after it because TNT cannons can bypass protection and besides the PVP world is small enough what size is it correct me if im wrong 2000x2000 or something like that my real point is who the heck in there right mind would leave there base to go to it
    I hope its tasty
    Stats
    AMD Athlon X4
    4.0GB RAM
    NVIDIA Geforce GTX470 x2

Steam: sliverhunter10
    Xbox: sliverhunter10
    Phone number: you would want that would't you
    Blame the name not the game
      #6   Report Post  
    Old 06-20-2012, 11:48 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to sliver hunter10

Quote:
    Good idea there Kill and in reply to you Palo

I did mean exactly that... Go around flattening crap builds of people who don't play anymore.

I agree some people like night time but whenever it does turn dark someone asks for day so either way the people who enjoy nighttime lose out... Alternatively you guys could just ignore requests for day?

Unfortunately Multiplay don't allow a mapping service just checked it out apparently uses too much memory.

For more slots i generally mean for an increase of memory more then a larger capacity. This would allow you guys to run extra maps/plugins or do larger tasks without the hamster falling out the wheel.
    Well were are very going to get the money for that.. Edit i also think we should get are current stuff working at least pals working on the warp plugin and we could get the PVP world a restart and this time make the spawn a town for 1.3
    I hope its tasty
    Stats
    AMD Athlon X4
    4.0GB RAM
    NVIDIA Geforce GTX470 x2

Steam: sliverhunter10
    Xbox: sliverhunter10
    Phone number: you would want that would't you
    Blame the name not the game

Last edited by sliver hunter10; 06-20-2012 at 11:51 AM.
      #7   Report Post  
    Old 06-20-2012, 04:17 PM

Oh palodin, "we hardly hit capacity" is quickly becoming less of a truth and also wouldn't it be nice to have the extra slots and RAM?
    Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/snowy1256
    Steam Name: snowy
      #8   Report Post  
    Old 06-20-2012, 04:21 PM

Quote:

I did mean exactly that... Go around flattening crap builds of people who don't play anymore..
    I dont think our logs go back that far and who would have the task of checking every single build then checking it against the banned list? or people who haven't been on in a while?
    Bringle Flange: 8 Hipplebits
    Cooling system: Otter teats
      #9   Report Post  
    Old 06-20-2012, 05:40 PM

I would be up for a map reset in PvP, and I would love a safe town, maybe with trader NPCs and enderchests.
    I can't really comment on extra ram, but it would be nice.
    I would love the hunger games plugin.
    I wouldn't object to a gallery world, but it may be more efficient as a flat area.
    And maybe for the day night thing, tell people to use ptime and possibly have a mob protection command (like god mode, only against mobs, not sure if that exists)
      #10   Report Post  
    Old 06-20-2012, 11:55 PM

Quote:
    - This could also go into a part of the main map.
    'Scuse me butting in but as no one has mentioned it, I thought I'd just point out that there is already a similar area on the map. It has 6 or 7 of the best builds from the old map all in a row and (as of a couple weeks ago) 2 or 3 new builds in progress there. If I recall correctly, there is also plenty of room around it to expand the area to add more builds should people want to.

However, since the start of the map, I've only known of a couple people to ever bother walking from one build to another. And that's the problem. With several of the best builds on the server being hundreds of blocks in length, people just don't want to walk that kind of distance to get from one build to the next, when a warp takes them there in a second. So I would question what actual advantage there would be of going to all that trouble, wasting a lot of resources by potentially doubling up the build space, not to mention the work/time involved for the Admins in pasting the builds in and making things look good (remember some of the large builds need a lot of world editing as well - they are not just simple cut and paste jobs), when warps to the original builds achieves the same goal and are what people prefer to use?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by sboy365 View Post
    And maybe for the day night thing, tell people to use ptime and possibly have a mob protection command (like god mode, only against mobs, not sure if that exists)
    *cough*TORCHES*cough*

Last edited by frainbog; 06-21-2012 at 12:09 AM.

Tags

minecraft, server, suggestions