Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Games

#11   Report Post  
    Old 03-19-2012, 11:18 PM

Bf3 is a game that is less fun by yourself, no doubt, but I would highly disagree with the statement that the multiplayer "isn't fun."
      #12   Report Post  
    Old 03-20-2012, 12:07 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by CaptSC View Post
    Bf3 is a game that is less fun by yourself, no doubt, but I would highly disagree with the statement that the multiplayer "isn't fun."
    That's why I said its not "that" fun!
    By all means the first slog is amazingly fun, but as time goes on I found myself having less and less intrest in the game. However, when I found friends/Clanmates the game has had a new lease of life. I'm on around 140H of gameplay and I've shown no signs of stopping.
      #13   Report Post  
    Old 03-20-2012, 11:56 PM

I understand why the more mature minded fans of BF2 are upset, having seen BF3..

There is a certain amount of nervousness amongst some of the Arma community regarding the same happening to the upcoming Arma3, would be a terrible shame if it goes the same way.
      #14   Report Post  
    Old 03-21-2012, 08:59 AM

I really like to play Battlefield 3, but there are just so many issues that this game has caused that instead of being a "watershed moment" in gaming history its becoming more of a "tool-shed moment" in gaming history.

When I first picked up my reserved copy I was stoked, but that sensation was soon exhausted when I found that the insane amount of memory, and ram used from this game literally burnt out my xbox. This was during campaign mode, because as we all know, the DICE servers can't stay up for more than 5 hours, so I thought Ill get a feel for the story (if you want to call it a story).

For me Operation Guillotine was what decapitated my xbox. Only 30seconds in and the screen glitches and goes black, forcing me to bail out to the dashboard. Upon the second attempt of running BF3, I get to the same location and the same glitch happens, though this time accompanied by a dancing red ring of death.
    Overall this game has way too many screw ups and issues to even be considered a decent gaming experience.
      #15   Report Post  
    Old 03-21-2012, 09:18 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by alishathomaz View Post
    I really like to play Battlefield 3, but there are just so many issues that this game has caused that instead of being a "watershed moment" in gaming history its becoming more of a "tool-shed moment" in gaming history.

When I first picked up my reserved copy I was stoked, but that sensation was soon exhausted when I found that the insane amount of memory, and ram used from this game literally burnt out my xbox. This was during campaign mode, because as we all know, the DICE servers can't stay up for more than 5 hours, so I thought Ill get a feel for the story (if you want to call it a story).

For me Operation Guillotine was what decapitated my xbox. Only 30seconds in and the screen glitches and goes black, forcing me to bail out to the dashboard. Upon the second attempt of running BF3, I get to the same location and the same glitch happens, though this time accompanied by a dancing red ring of death.
    Overall this game has way too many screw ups and issues to even be considered a decent gaming experience.
    Why would you even be posting about your X-box dying on this forum?

Tags

battlefield 3, bf3, hud