Age of Wulin
- I don't really know why I'm looking forward to this game. It's an eastern-style MMO based around the whole 'Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon' kind of martial arts with running up walls, across water and jumping high. I imagine I'll end up treating this like I did Champions Online and forgetting to play the game and instead just have fun with the travel powers for a few days.
- An interesting little game I found through Lizard's indie game thread
. It's a squad-based, RPG. strategy...thing. Currently in alpha so it looks a little under-developed at the moment.
- This was covered in PCG once or twice but only in very small sections. It's some sort of survival, exploring, crafting MMO (I'm guessing like Wurm). Sounded different but I can't find much information on it at the moment.
- Another one I found on Lizard's indie thread. This game is actually already out and my gaming backlog is the only thing keeping me from buying this right now. It's a 'space combat simulator' so you mess around with the ships settings and go blasting things. I loved the demo.
- I can't remember exactly why I put this on my watch list but I think it has something to do with being a free roaming space MMO (like Eve) but with real-time combat. The thing that made this game really stand out for me is the engine that allows you to go seamlessly from space to planet surface.
Faster Than Light
- Already covered in PCG last issue (I think). You control little guys in a spacecraft and try to keep them alive. Sims in space mixed with Dwarf Fortress 'fun' maybe?
- You get little yellow guys to build castles after mining out stone and making into blocks. It's quite new, even the 'About' page is not yet written. I think I just like the idea of building castles. Mmm, castles.