Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Games

#1   Report Post  
    Old 05-02-2014, 02:09 PM

Default So, GAME stops selling PC games?

Just went into town to go on my work program and thought seems it is giro day I may as well check GAME to see if they have any instore deals. Not 1 PC game in the whole store... is this the same nationwide? Has your local GAME stopped selling PC games?

I know in America, Gamestop are stopping selling games and switching to Phones and Tablets, but now it seems the only place I can get a physical copy of a game is order online or if I get lucky a supermarket.

Not such an issue since PC sales are mostly digital anyway, but still... FUCK YOU GAME
      #2   Report Post  
    Old 05-02-2014, 02:42 PM

My local still has a couple of small shelves full, mostly indies from 1-2 years ago, the sims and maybe 2-3 of the big current releases.

They've never been great for PC games, really. I have problems even ordering through their website these days, Halifax loves to flag them up as fraudulent constantly.
      #3   Report Post  
    Old 05-02-2014, 04:27 PM

They stock plenty where I am, well a month ago they did unless something drastically changed
      #4   Report Post  
    Old 05-02-2014, 05:06 PM

they still stock a decent amount online, but honestly why would you go to game when Amazon is normally way cheaper and even beats the steam sale prices half the time.
      #5   Report Post  
    Old 05-02-2014, 05:59 PM

Every now and again they get a good deal on. But most people never look because they are well knows rip off merchants. But I do sometimes like to look at the 3 for £10 rack to see what games from 2 years ago I missed.
      #6   Report Post  
    Old 05-02-2014, 08:12 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Palodyn View Post
    They've never been great for PC games, really. I
    Not true. I remember a time when my local Game store (now closed down) used to have an entire wall dedicated to pc games.
    “There has seldom if ever been a shortage of eager young males prepared to kill and die to preserve the security, comfort and prejudices of their elders, and what you call heroism is just an expression of this simple fact; there is never a scarcity of idiots.” - Ian Banks
      #7   Report Post  
    Old 05-02-2014, 08:40 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Daniel View Post
    Not true. I remember a time when my local Game store (now closed down) used to have an entire wall dedicated to pc games.
    same, as a kid before internet shopping (and getting a card I could use online) I got most of my PC games from Game or EB as it was called.
      #8   Report Post  
    Old 05-02-2014, 10:39 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Daniel View Post
    Well, could be different where you were, none of the Games/Gamestations near me (One in walking difference, 3 within half an hours bus) have ever had a decent selection.
      #9   Report Post  
    Old 05-03-2014, 06:55 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Palodyn View Post
    Well, could be different where you were, none of the Games/Gamestations near me (One in walking difference, 3 within half an hours bus) have ever had a decent selection.
    my city centre there was a load, you had EB and Game, then Game bought out EB and they both became Game, then Gamestation opened and then Game bought Gamestation so there was technically 3 Game stores in about a 1 mile square, all of them had a decent selection of PC games until about 3 or 4 years ago.
      #10   Report Post  
    Old 05-04-2014, 06:50 AM

Call me converted,, I was a staunch anti online DL person, as in the whole Not owning the game thing and buying access.. But these days, i find physical copies just clutter-some, and nothing is worse than getting a scratch on a disk and having to re-buy.. (i swear half the games i own on digital i also own the hard copies, the only difference is, the hard copies i probably paid well over 1000 dollars for maybe closer to 2k, the digital replacement, i'm not even at 100 dollars yet..)

But with Greenman, amazon, steam, origin, and GOG.. i have zero need to goto a retail store. The money i save in gas alone pays for the game half the time... (yup 4 bucks a gallon, just going to the closest store costs me that much, and i can get an awesome game on sale for that price more often than not)

The best part, between all these Online DL houses, they have a better selction than any Store ever did even at the hight of the PC store, with 5-7 isles of game, and walls of bargain bins.. Going to gog is like going to Comp USA in the 90's only with more selection!