Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Games > PC Gamer Game Club

#1   Report Post  
    Old 03-04-2012, 06:04 PM

Default Serellan LLC: Hardcore Tactical Shooter

Hello Hardcore Shooter Fans. I know many of you are unhappy with the current noob friendly shooters and are looking for a return of those hardcore tactical shooters that punished the weak and rewarded the strong.

Well Serrellan LLC realizes there are tactical shooter fans with no game to play and want to create that niche game for us. But they need our help.

Serrellan LLC, an indie game development company founded by Christian Allen, a developer known for his work on many of the ghost recon and halo titles, is offering to build us our hardcore, tactical shooter. BUUUUUUTTTT!!!!, we need to help them raise $200,000 in 30 days to get the project off the ground. And prove to their investors that there really is an interest in a hardcore tactical shooter.

They want the fans to be involved every step of the way, and are giving the more generous fans greater access to the development process. If you donate $15 or more you will recieve the game for free via digital distribution and access to the private forums and developer blogs. The big donators will be rewarded with trips to the studio, conference calls with the developers, inside input, lan parties, etc...

Click on this link to visit the donation page and check out the video, info and various donation rewards. Your donations will only be charged if we reach the goal.

[URL="http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/355932838/crowdsourced-hardcore-tactical-shooter"]Click Here to donate and check out the rewards.[/URL]

Come one guys, for just $15 you get a free tactical shooter and unprecedented access to the game development process. This is a great social experiment that, if successful, could change the gaming industry, be a part of it. And spread the word.

[URL="http://www.serellan.com/"]Serellan Website[/URL]

[URL="http://www.serellan.com/forums/"]Serellan Official Forums[/URL]

Twitter: @serellan
      #2   Report Post  
    Old 03-04-2012, 06:10 PM
    Grand Inquisitor

Send a message via Skype™ to SAeN

You'd have to be high to expect to raise $200,000 with nothing to show for it. Sorry, but I'm not going to give money to a project that has not only nothing to show for it, but no description of what they intend to do. Just saying that it is a Tactical shooter isn't enough.
      #3   Report Post  
    Old 03-04-2012, 06:27 PM

Default dsavai fewer

Right now they are developing a FPS for the PC and will hopefully expand to the PS3/XBOX after that.

For $15 you get the game for free, and access to the development process. If they dont reach their $200,000 goal you will not be charged for your donation. I gave them $50 just to be part of this social experiment. I dont even have a PC to game on, only a PS3.

You obviously dont want a hardcore tactical shooter as badly as I do. These cookie cutter shooters that the AAA developers are creating these days are straight garbage.

Well worth it for me.

...These are the worst forums I have ever been to, these dumb image verification are absurd.
      #4   Report Post  
    Old 03-04-2012, 06:31 PM
    Grand Inquisitor

Send a message via Skype™ to SAeN

Quote:
    Originally Posted by kingGILLEY View Post

...These are the worst forums I have ever been to, these dumb image verification are absurd.
    The verification is for new users to prevent spam. They don't work, and the web team have never come up with any better ideas sadly.

Quote:
    You obviously dont want a hardcore tactical shooter as badly as I do. These cookie cutter shooters that the AAA developers are creating these days are straight garbage.
    And that's all you know. Without ore information, I'm not giving them money. Too many peer-funded projects assume that having an idea is enough. It isn't. You need something to show for it, a vision if you will. They have nothing.

I'd LOVE a new tactical shooter, but I'm not funding a bunch of unknowns riding off the back of the DoubleFine Kickstarter.
      #5   Report Post  
    Old 03-04-2012, 06:57 PM

fair enough. I just think $15 for a game, that will be refunded if the project doesnt get off the ground and a chance to send a message to other developers that there is still interest in tactical hardcore shooters is well worth it for me. Plus I enjoy following game development.

I'm hoping the game gets made and am just trying to get the word out. All im saying is if you have a few bucks laying around, donate 'em.
      #6   Report Post  
    Old 03-23-2012, 01:16 AM

Default PCGamer should do an article on their revamped kickstarter page starting sunday!

More people need to know about this Kickstarter project. They're doing a major refresh to their Kickstarter page Sunday night which will provide even more info. This is the real-deal FPS squad-based tactical shooter folks. Pre-planning your missions, outfitting your squad, setting routes, executing plans and NO HEALTH REGEN. Please support this game if it sounds up your alley as that the publishers don't think anyone wants this. PROVE THEM WRONG.
      #7   Report Post  
    Old 03-26-2012, 03:57 PM

This seems like ArmA & Counter-Strike had a baby and the original Rainbow Six series acted as a surrogate.

But no, this sounds awesome, I kickstarted it just.