Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Games

#21   Report Post  
    Old 02-16-2012, 06:59 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Red_Avatar View Post
    I think you'll find you're mistaken. It's not the publisher in the poorer zones that demand this - it's those in the richer zones that do. Why would India object to people buying more copies there because they're cheaper? Doesn't make any sense, does it.
    All right then, it is to do with retail distribution in general. Point still stands, it isn't Valve or they would do it with the games bought in the Steam store as well.
      #22   Report Post  
    Old 02-16-2012, 07:38 AM

Good points on this thread. Aggressive replies to customer support rarely work, and only if they would have responded to something polite: I teach weeks of how to write polite, assertive messages as it's not the default thing to be polite. My motto is: don't be polite just because it's the right thing to do. Be polite because it's more likely to get you what you want.

Steam is fantastic. We don't own any of the games, though. Legally they can simply pull them for no reason whatsoever (although that would be the end of them.) Wouldn't be the first time a business has hamstrung itself for massive immediate profit, though. Sorry you've got no joy with this: I wouldn't have expected it either. In fact, it's somewhat put me off moving abroad knowing that the my 300+ games will be unplayable. I've had games (like Max Payne) that simply do not work, and have had 50 replies back and forth between many parties. Eventually I realised it was costing me more money (in leisure time) in trying to get it sorted. Just got to take a hit and repurchase the game if you want to play it again. Doesn't feel right, but that's the way it goes.

See that it's £12.60 on amazon in America, or £12 in the UK. That's not such a massive cost for your leisure time, especially if you intend to play it for more than twelve hours. Still a pain, though: thanks for sharing this loop-hole with us. I will never validate steam games abroad!
      #23   Report Post  
    Old 02-16-2012, 08:05 AM

Sorry I don't think there's much you can do, other than send another nice email.
    The other option of course, is try and get them to send you a Valve coupon to get a discount on L4D2?

It's crap like this that makes me avoid digital distribution services as much as possible.
    Doesn't seem right that they can just take something you've bought away from you like that. I know it's in their horrible terms of service, but it's wrong.

Ohh Steam, I don't think I'll ever properly like you.
      #24   Report Post  
    Old 02-16-2012, 08:08 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Saluki View Post
    lol WTF?

The mental age of your post couldn't clear 12 years old if it stood on a high chair. On any decently moderated forum you'd have gotten a stern spanking already, kid.
    Mate, there is no justification for taking a shot at me again, if you had a problem you should have pm'd me. I could have taken down my post. But now fuck it, I'll just have a dig like you did.

Clear 12 years old if it stood on a high chair? I wasn't aware intelligence was measured in height... good attempt at wit.

I moderate a tech chat room and I suppose my language might not be acceptable here. I apologise to anyone who was offended. It just pisses me off when people can never do things for themself and blame their problems on someone else.

Would love to see someone like yourself in person though, calling me kid. Your very tough and witty behind that computer mate. Judging by your first comment " LOL WTF" I'm just going to assume your not of legal age so I won't go any further. You don't sound like a serious gamer nor a person I'd like to get to know. Goodbye sir.
      #25   Report Post  
    Old 02-16-2012, 08:23 AM

The sound you can't hear is me laughing as hard as I have in about a week. Thanks for that, anyway.

Maybe I should post "u mad bro?"
      #26   Report Post  
    Old 02-17-2012, 07:58 PM

LOL K an update to the issue...

7 Message by Support Tech Jesse on Thu, 16th Feb 2012 5:44 pm
    Hello Amir,

Unfortunately, we will be unable to assist you further with this issue.

Thank you for contacting Steam Support.

/fail support.
      #27   Report Post  
    Old 02-17-2012, 08:08 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Kuyhoinu View Post
    Mate, your a fucking douchebag. You realise that you didn't buy the game through steam. Your blaming steam because your an idiot. You actually asking them to refund you money for a game you purchased in store.

Your foul-mouthed, Unintelligent and idiotic. Hope you end having to pay full price.

Take some responsibility for your own actions instead of trying to blame it all on steam. Steam are awesome, you just suck!

/thread
    Someones got some sand in their vagina... Mr. Tough guy on the internet... lewl
      #28   Report Post  
    Old 02-17-2012, 08:37 PM
    Banned

At least he can play L4D 2
      #29   Report Post  
    Old 02-17-2012, 10:26 PM

I heard this is a thread I can posture in
      #30   Report Post  
    Old 02-17-2012, 10:32 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by thequillguy View Post
    Steam is fantastic. We don't own any of the games, though. Legally they can simply pull them for no reason whatsoever (although that would be the end of them.)
    I think I'm right in saying this ...

Legally, you don't own any software you purchase, your buying a license to use said software. A business/developer/publisher and so forth can retract that license at any time they want for any reason. People only really care that digital distribution platforms can do this as they can enforce the removal of a license from the customer with ease. Whereas if a customer has a physical copy, it would be relatively impossible to take away their copy of software to stop them from using it.
    8GB ADATA 1333mhz (2x4GB)
    WD 500GB HDD
    Corsair Builder Series CX 600W V2
    Xigmatek Asgard

STEAM PROFILE

Tags

help me, horrible costumer service, left 4 dead 2, region locked, steam