Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Games

#11   Report Post  
    Old 02-16-2012, 03:01 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by sejm View Post
    I'm a little confused why Valve region lock their own games, although that's more of an aside.
    There are many factors, some of them being factors out of their control e.g. different licensing laws in different countries.

An example of this would be Doom 1 & 2, which up until 5 months ago, were banned for sale in Germany, 17 years after release in other countries.

EDIT: You also have the issue of people dodging costs and taking advantage of different pricing strategies designed to benefit those on lower incomes. So obviously Valve wouldn't be happy at someone buying one of their games for £5 if they were able and willing to buy the game for £20. I'm talking about countries such as Russia here. By region locking they are preventing people on higher incomes from higher GDP per capita countries buying games for dirt cheap (although this happens a lot anyways when favourable sales occur).
    8GB ADATA 1333mhz (2x4GB)
    WD 500GB HDD
    Corsair Builder Series CX 600W V2
    Xigmatek Asgard

STEAM PROFILE

Last edited by valkynaz; 02-16-2012 at 03:10 AM.
      #12   Report Post  
    Old 02-16-2012, 03:02 AM

Looks to me like this.

"Hey bro sorry but it's just not gonna work man"

"YOU FUCKING CUNT DICKBAG PILE OF SHIT ILL RAPE YOUR MOTHER AND GUT HER OPEN"
      #13   Report Post  
    Old 02-16-2012, 03:21 AM

Mate, your a fucking douchebag. You realise that you didn't buy the game through steam. Your blaming steam because your an idiot. You actually asking them to refund you money for a game you purchased in store.

Your foul-mouthed, Unintelligent and idiotic. Hope you end having to pay full price.

Take some responsibility for your own actions instead of trying to blame it all on steam. Steam are awesome, you just suck!

/thread
      #14   Report Post  
    Old 02-16-2012, 04:09 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Kuyhoinu View Post
    Mate, your a fucking douchebag. You realise that you didn't buy the game through steam. Your blaming steam because your an idiot. You actually asking them to refund you money for a game you purchased in store.

Your foul-mouthed, Unintelligent and idiotic. Hope you end having to pay full price.

Take some responsibility for your own actions instead of trying to blame it all on steam. Steam are awesome, you just suck!

/thread
    This kind of reply is allowed on this site?
      #15   Report Post  
    Old 02-16-2012, 04:37 AM

Send a message via AIM to PatchRowcester Send a message via MSN to PatchRowcester Send a message via Yahoo to PatchRowcester

You could have explained your problem a little bit more politely. There was absolutely no reason to get so mad at them. I understand it is frustrating.

You behaved like a dick, and you got treated like one.
      #16   Report Post  
    Old 02-16-2012, 06:01 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Saluki View Post
    This kind of reply is allowed on this site?
    I was under the impression I was amongst adults. My apologies if my language was offensive to anyone. Your sarcasm is un-warranted bud, next time just feel free to send me a pm if you find my post in-appropriate.

My statement still stands though.
      #17   Report Post  
    Old 02-16-2012, 06:17 AM

Quote:
    I was under the impression I was amongst adults. My apologies if my language was offensive to anyone. Your sarcasm is un-warranted bud, next time just feel free to send me a pm if you find my post in-appropriate.

My statement still stands though.
    lol WTF?

The mental age of your post couldn't clear 12 years old if it stood on a high chair. On any decently moderated forum you'd have gotten a stern spanking already, kid.
      #18   Report Post  
    Old 02-16-2012, 06:26 AM

Quote:
    Your foul-mouthed, Unintelligent and idiotic.
    Hypocracy, much?

And about the OP: not everyone knows all the Steam rules (in fact, few people do) and they have TONS of small rules. When you got to India, for example, you'd visit the Steam store and get Indian prices but you'd need an Indian credit card to get these Indian prices. How do you buy these games in India then? Eerrrr ... you can't unless you use use a VPN to the region where you live. That's how ridiculous Steam's system is.

In the end, it's a major pain in the ass for people who have a job that involves moving across countries and this to protect their huge profit margins. Frankly, I think that buying and activating the game in the right country should be enough to let you keep it. Yes, it gives room for exploitation but so does the current gift system. Instead of being greedy A-holes they should look for the comfort of their users.
      #19   Report Post  
    Old 02-16-2012, 06:42 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by sejm View Post
    A couple of points here I suppose.

I'm a little confused why Valve region lock their own games, although that's more of an aside.
    They didn't, the publisher in India decided to.
      #20   Report Post  
    Old 02-16-2012, 06:57 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by jon_hill987 View Post
    They didn't, the publisher in India decided to.
    I think you'll find you're mistaken. It's not the publisher in the poorer zones that demand this - it's those in the richer zones that do. Why would India object to people buying more copies there because they're cheaper? Doesn't make any sense, does it.

Tags

help me, horrible costumer service, left 4 dead 2, region locked, steam