Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Magazine and site talk > Disc support

#11   Report Post  
    Old 08-24-2010, 10:42 PM

Angry cheap disk

It has being two time in a row that the disk that came with the magazine was broken.
    I have bought PCgamer from almost it's creation and i'm disapointed that your new disk are so cheap.
    Please correct this.
      #12   Report Post  
    Old 08-30-2010, 07:55 AM

Thanks for bagging the Ecodiscs for the October issue! That disc works fine! PLEASE stick with these instead of the Ecodisc!

Dwaine
      #13   Report Post  
    Old 10-04-2010, 03:51 PM

Missed the September issue. Turns out it was a good call: only problem with October's disc so far is a corrupted movie (the Deus Ex one, to be specific).
      #14   Report Post  
    Old 10-08-2010, 12:39 AM

just bought mine this month from the store. Have four others and this is the only one that doesn't work. It makes me mad because i love the magazine and disc, but if the disc doesnt work i cant justify payin $8.99 for just the magazine
      #15   Report Post  
    Old 10-24-2010, 04:00 AM

Default Eco disc =(

Im in afghanistan with my m17 laptop and I just got my pcgamer eco disc with ava on it Im like sweet. I put it in my laptop and you know it slides in and just starts spinning never getting loaded in and grinding and now its stuck in my laptop Im so upset I have to deal with this situation giving what im already dealing with. So disappointed Cant wait to finish this deployment.
      #16   Report Post  
    Old 11-10-2010, 01:23 AM

Send a message via AIM to mary koch
    Angry cheap discs

I didn't write you the first time I received an eco disk, it was in pieces, I mistakenly thought the complaints you received from this first one would remedy the situation. The next few months proved my point. Low and behold this issue also had an "ECO" disc in pieces. What good does this do? Lose me as a customer of over ten years? Maybe. Where's the complaint department, Where's my disc, does anyone read this?? do you think our postal service actually would baby this cheap piece of $@#& !
      #17   Report Post  
    Old 11-10-2010, 03:01 AM

[email]Custserv@pcgamer.com[/email] is open and ready to replace your broken discs. Our apologies for any inconvenience.
      #18   Report Post  
    Old 11-16-2010, 12:46 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by mary koch View Post

I didn't write you the first time I received an eco disk, it was in pieces, I mistakenly thought the complaints you received from this first one would remedy the situation. The next few months proved my point. Low and behold this issue also had an "ECO" disc in pieces. What good does this do? Lose me as a customer of over ten years? Maybe. Where's the complaint department, Where's my disc, does anyone read this?? do you think our postal service actually would baby this cheap piece of $@#& !
    Mine shows up fine.
      #19   Report Post  
    Old 01-02-2011, 05:53 PM

Got to say I agree with most posted on here, I have bought 2 copies of PC Gamer (UK) and neither disc work, I did some time ago buy this Mag monthly without fail, but couldn't keep up with the content, and I stopped because of the backlog, not in this case, so cheap discs must be the problem, can you guys listen to us, because if you don't, we can always go elsewhere for a properly supported Mag&Disc, neither drives pick it up and having spent £6 for January issue, I'm not happy £12 later

Last edited by Radion; 01-02-2011 at 05:55 PM.
      #20   Report Post  
    Old 05-16-2011, 10:40 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to BIGthingy47

Agreed with the user above me, I went out today and saw this mag, I'd heard good things about it so I decided to go for it and spend 9 bucks I really didn't need to spend, I personally am rather poor compared to most so I am a little disappointed that I spent 9 dollars for a magazine and a few demos and end up just getting a magazine I feel isn't worth 9 dollars. I have a perfectly suitable rig for what I can afford, a CM HAF 932, GeForce 8800 GTX, and a Core 2 Duo E4500, just a few components but it can handle anything without a problem, I pop this disc in with hopes of trying out Dragon Age 2 maybe or anything else on the disc, the thing just slows my rig up, causing it to crash a few times and just run pathetic. Not happy at all with this purchase and I don't feel I will be buying anymore of this magazine in the future due to this until I see proof that this issue is resolved and won't be happening anymore.