Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Magazine and site talk

#1   Report Post  
    Old 02-02-2012, 12:23 AM

Default PCG via Newsstand App: Worth It?

After recently acquiring an i-device I've been considering buying PCGamer (US) issues so I can read the magazine wherever on my phone. The reviews, however, bemoan the time between issues as being inconsistant and often months late. Have these complaints been addressed? I don't want to spend money on a subscription with these flaws, though I love the magazine & site. Anyone who has this version of the magazine want to offer some feedback? Much appreciated.
      #2   Report Post  
    Old 02-02-2012, 01:13 AM

I have it, and I was subscribed to it for a little bit. It has it's pros and cons.

Pros
    - Cheaper subscription than magazine.
    - Portable
    - Can carry all of your magazines with you.

Cons
    - Not well optimized for the iPhone screen. You have to do a lot of zooming. Game Informer does a good job with this, you only have to hit Zoom, and it makes Game Informer perfect to read. Here, you have to manually set the zoom and because you have to get so close, you can't see whole images that well.
    - Magazine is better (Opinion)

I prefer the magazine to the iPhone app. However, I believe my problem would be alleviated if I had the iPad instead, but I would never buy one. I also tend to forget that I have the magazine as well, same with Game Informer (digital). Therefore, I now use the the actual magazine for both.