Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Play with PC Gamer > World of Warcraft Guild (EU) > Raids and Events > Team Awesome

#11   Report Post  
    Old 01-09-2012, 12:38 PM

He raided with us the Thursday before Christmas and we haven't seen/heard from him since! Maybe he is taking an extended break?
      #12   Report Post  
    Old 01-09-2012, 12:55 PM

Yeah agreed on the 3 healers for DS, since we found most dmg on fights is aoe we time our cooldowns for heavy phases.

We have a strong 2man heal team which has been great for a lot of encounters like ultraxion for example,we only get to the 4th twighlight due to the big dps increase. the fight which is most healer strained at the the moment we find is zon ozz. Which we 3 heal due to the insane dmg!

Yeah we 4healed mochok on our initial down as it made the fight cake! Now we got better geared tanks we 2 heals and gets burnt pretty fast. I like it a lot, reminds me of twin emps in AQ40

Most of DS hc we found are healer checks and how well we can burn through the transitions. Plus a lot of encounters require certain classes which makes the encounter a roll over.

Dk's rock .

DS in general just seemed a little rushed and unfinished sadface

Last edited by Nelks; 01-09-2012 at 01:03 PM.
      #13   Report Post  
    Old 01-09-2012, 10:49 PM

Firstly, welcome to Bigbasher. I think you will slot quite nicely into our team

Once we got the team together it was an extremely smooth run. I'll be honest and say that I have never seen the trash and bosses go down so smoothly before.
    I did chuckle when you, Aph, said "I'm coming down to help with the adds" just before Beth comes down as we were all twiddling our thumbs as they were all already dead
    The run worked out quite well, due to myself leaving for work at 9. Bimble had the chance to get 3 bosses. So we both managed to get some of the staff done. I will be glad when we finally do get this done as it has been one long slog.

I am really settling back into fire. It's as fun as I remember it and it's mobility is awesome.

It is strange how Coot just disappeared. Hopefully he will resurface even if its just to say hello.
      #14   Report Post  
    Old 01-09-2012, 10:52 PM

Zal Blizz heard you went fire so they are nerfing it, now all mages are blaming you
      #15   Report Post  
    Old 01-09-2012, 11:21 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Belimawr View Post
    Zal Blizz heard you went fire so they are nerfing it, now all mages are blaming you
    Typical
      #16   Report Post  
    Old 01-09-2012, 11:24 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Belimawr View Post
    beat me to the pun
      #17   Report Post  
    Old 01-09-2012, 11:34 PM

After seeing the article on wow insider about dps, I was half-expecting a nerf. Though I hope they nerf prot warriors too, as they were op as well. Also, I hope they buff some of the lower dps classes/specs.
    One thing that grates though is the fact they are punishing all fire mages. If you do not have the uber legendary staff, your dps is not as op as those that do have it. And Blizz have stated that those with the staff should be a little op as they have a legendary. Same will happen with rogues.
      #18   Report Post  
    Old 01-09-2012, 11:43 PM

They are buffing hunter with a massive about 800 ap that will make next to no difference. That are making lock and load a bit easier tho.
      #19   Report Post  
    Old 01-10-2012, 08:45 AM

I would of expected shadow priests to get a nerf. There insane in terms of burst/stable dps.

Fire mages are still goining to be great in DS tho despite the nerf