Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Play with PC Gamer > World of Warcraft Guild (EU) > Raids and Events > Team Awesome

#1   Report Post  
    Old 01-09-2012, 07:32 AM

Default Raid report 08/01/12

Attendees:
    Tanks: Slimbutnails and Bígbasher
    Healers: Archaz and Torlock
    Melee: Goffik
    Ranged: Revvy, Belimawr, Zalid/Bimble, Hubitrix and Aphaeas

Firstly, welcome to Bígbasher. He is currently on trial for us as a new main tank, however judging by his performance last night i don't think we will have any issues whatso ever.

We didn't have a team to go to Dragon Soul and although we managed to get a Win/Awesome combination I didn't want to get Win saved to anything just in case they want to go to Dragon Soul on Tuesday, plus Bígbasher was saved.

So instead we went to Firelands for what turned out to be a very smooth and enjoyable run.
    We managed to two heal the whole place which is great to know. Zalid and Bimble shared the quest items for the staff so they are both getting there slowly and a few people picked up some loot (including Akee who wasn't even in the raid!).

Tuesdays plan is to head to LFR with Win so we will be starting at 8pm.Please be ready and you can bring any alt or main you like, even if you are saved please try and join us. After LFR we will see what we have and try and do something.

As far as I am now concerned our Team Awesome roster stands as follows:
    Slimbutnails - Warrior (Tank/DPS)
    Bígbasher - DK (Tank/maybe DPS but needs gear)
    Archaz - Paladin (Healer/DPS) - possibly move to Druid
    Hiarra - Druid (Healer/DPS) - Dependent on server transfer
    Sidjames - Warrior (DPS/Tank) - Possibly move to priest
    Zalid - Mage
    Belimawr - Hunter
    Revvy - Warlock
    Aphaeas - Warlock

Jaegar - Priest (Healer/DPS) - Only if really needed
    Zubi - Priest (Healer/DPS) - If he isn't raiding elsewhere

As you can see, we are still a little low on numbers but I am working on it. Hopefully Hiarra will be with us shortly to give us a second healer. I have had one or two bits of interest elsewhere but nothing solid as of yet so keep your eye out please guys!

Last edited by Aphaeas; 01-09-2012 at 08:44 AM.
      #2   Report Post  
    Old 01-09-2012, 08:39 AM

Sounds good!

Just so the team knows where I stand in as I wasn't online for u last night.

I will be raiding on my warlock Nelks on Outland server wed/thurs/Sunday. - but we have a some players who do shift work like Zalid so we switch raiding days round a lot.

I have spoken to aph and will still have my Priest (Zubi) available to raid when ever I can which will be Disco/shadow spec.

I will be on vent when ever u raid lurking in the corner .

Last edited by Nelks; 01-09-2012 at 11:09 AM.
      #3   Report Post  
    Old 01-09-2012, 08:49 AM

Thanks for letting be tag along. It was a fun evening and it's nice to progress the ledgendary a little. It was nice to hear a cheerful raid leaders voice for once rather then a grumpy one .

I'll be around on Tuesday although I have already done LFR (I wanted my BiS ring from VPs).

Realm First! Zen Master Cook - 25th Sep 2012
      #4   Report Post  
    Old 01-09-2012, 10:12 AM

I had fun. Two-healing Ragnaros (and, strangely, Beth'tilac) was difficult but entertaining. Two-healing Baleroc was way easier than I would've expected, but the high dps helped with that.
      #5   Report Post  
    Old 01-09-2012, 11:13 AM

For dragon soul raids mostly all fights are two healed. Druid/paladin - druid/shaman - druid/priests are the best combos we find in my lock guild

Try and get a shadow priest for dps as there great as well as unholy dk's
      #6   Report Post  
    Old 01-09-2012, 11:19 AM

technically raggy was always a 2 healer fight Beth was easy as we spent a lot of time down the bottom twiddling out thumbs waiting for more adds.

as for beal DK self healing is really OP there, if you think each stack of the buff is a 20% health increase so at 10 stacks say the tank has 200k health the 10 stacks will take them to 600k, then death strike heals for 20%, so 120k then you have the blood shield at some insane amount of that heal, looking at bigbashers armoury it looks like 200% of the heal meaning another 240k extra health. and I bet the stacks get a lot higher than 10, would of been interesting to see the healing and shielding tables for that fight.
      #7   Report Post  
    Old 01-09-2012, 12:09 PM

We've used 3 healers for all the DS fights. It's certainly not necessary, but I tend to only reduce the healers to 2 when we need the DPS to kills adds/beat an enrage/beat a mechanic, and use 3 as a default. This may be a little old-fashioned, but I tend to go for the safest option.

The heroics are different story entirely. 2 healers is a must for Yor'sajh hc (because you need 7 DPS), but the easiest way to do Mor'Chok hc (which is really easy) is to use 4 healers!

*EDIT* It should be noted that our 3rd healer is a disco priest, who can help out with some useful DPS in low damage portions of fights. Go me!
      #8   Report Post  
    Old 01-09-2012, 12:15 PM

I agree Darieth. I would rather use 3 healers unless it is an enrage or something where I need the extra DPS. At the moment I don't have many options!
    I may ask Sid to use his priest (that's healing right) giving us a pally, priest, druid combination for now, plus it will be easier to find a DPS than a healer to join the team.

We are starting to look a little more balanced as a team now as well. We will get there soon enough.
      #9   Report Post  
    Old 01-09-2012, 12:18 PM

I just thought......where's Coot???
      #10   Report Post  
    Old 01-09-2012, 12:28 PM

abducted by aliens? he just seemed to be there one day then he vanished.