Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Play with PC Gamer > ArmA 2

#1   Report Post  
    Old 07-03-2011, 03:48 AM

Default Looking to get into ArmA II...

Greetings all!

So, I used to play a lot of Joint Ops and Battlefield 2, and I'm looking for a new game... from what I've heard about ArmA II on the podcast and whatnot, I definitely want to give it a try.

Although I got blocked on the single player campaign once they wanted me to fly an Apache... guess I need to try the tutorial again... heh...

Anyway, so I wanted to give this a shot, and I guess I should get Ventrillo set up so I can talk with folks... problem is, I don't seem to be able to get it to work. I've entered the IP of 208.100.40.19, and the port number of 3796, but I can't seem to connect. I get a message with an orange question mark next to it that says "MSG: Contacting server.", which flickers from time to time, but nothing else.

Anyone possibly have any advice? I want to get my comms working before I try to jump into a game as a noob...

Thanks!

"May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one." - Captain Malcolm "Mal" Reynolds

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Lt. Colonel Jeff Cooper
      #2   Report Post  
    Old 07-03-2011, 03:51 AM

Whoops I guess there is a different Ventrillo IP for Arma II than what is listed on a different PC Gamer page I found... so I'm on chat now... any advice would still be appreciated...

"May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one." - Captain Malcolm "Mal" Reynolds

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Lt. Colonel Jeff Cooper
      #3   Report Post  
    Old 07-04-2011, 12:47 PM

Hey there,

The ARMA part of these forums is pretty much dead. You can add me on steam however, and I can help you out with getting into ARMA (take you through the basics, do some coop missions etc.). You can add me on steam: ikheetkoen.

See you on the battlefield!

Koen
    HD6950 @ HD6970 clocks
    Corsair HX750
    Samsung F3 1TB
    MSI P67A GD 65
      #4   Report Post  
    Old 07-12-2011, 03:00 PM

wow now i install arma 2 many of my friends play with this game and they say that is a very good simulation of reality.
    i want to try.
      #5   Report Post  
    Old 12-25-2011, 09:01 PM

There is always Arma going on on RPS if you want a place to learn and play regularly come say hi.

[url]http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/forums/showthread.php?28-ArmA-2-Combined-Operations-We-have-our-own-server[/url]

Or shout on steam, join the RPS group chat and ask.