Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Play with PC Gamer > World of Warcraft Guild (EU) > Raids and Events > Team Awesome

#1   Report Post  
    Old 12-23-2011, 07:50 AM

Default 22/12/11 Awesome/Win collaboration

Attendees:
    Tanks: Slimbutfails and Sarkris
    Healers: Archaz, Coot and Barkhoof
    Melee: Sidjames, Osk and Isilindal
    Ranged: Zalid, Belimawr, Revvy, Belera and Aphaeas

I think that is everyone, apologies if I left anyone out.

Due to Win not raiding over the Christmas period they came and gatecrashed our raid but thankfully it was all good fun.

First we went to Dragon Soul where we had a nice clean run and cleared everything up to and including Ultraxion. After that you guys headed off to Firelands.

I have no idea what happened in Firelands apart from Zalisd DCing so if anyone could ellaborate it would be great.

Very fun raid, lots of the usual banter and lots of loot.

There is a raid up for Christmas day, but I am fairly certain that we will not be running anything serious, infact I am certain that it will not be serious. There is a raid Tuesday though.

If I don't speak to people before, have a good Christmas!
      #2   Report Post  
    Old 12-23-2011, 08:27 AM

Apart from a tank being mistaken for Duane Dibbley by the authorities it was just a run-in-and-kill-everything raid.
    All in all a good night, thanks from team Win and we'll see you sun & tue!

Merry christmas from sweden/skyrim!
      #3   Report Post  
    Old 12-23-2011, 08:38 AM

would of been nice to actually get to kill more than one boss.
      #4   Report Post  
    Old 12-23-2011, 08:41 AM

Did you not go to Firelands Bel?
      #5   Report Post  
    Old 12-23-2011, 08:43 AM

firelands aint exactly the same, there is only one reason to even go there and he DC'd.
      #6   Report Post  
    Old 12-23-2011, 08:48 AM

I know. Unfortunately we had more than 10 people there and we had to swap people in and out. Maybe we should have swapped after killing the first 3 (as 5 is an uneven number) but even then I expect people would complain that they only got to kill 2 bosses.
    We tried to make it fair.
      #7   Report Post  
    Old 12-23-2011, 09:55 AM

also if Bel is there on Tuesday it may be worth trying the gunship, hunters especially survival can make sappers easy as hell apparently.
      #8   Report Post  
    Old 12-23-2011, 10:07 AM

Ooo thanks for the tip!

I was thinking of maybe looking at the gunship on Tuesday, depending on sign ups etc. We were getting closer and as everything else is dead it would make sense.
      #9   Report Post  
    Old 12-23-2011, 10:54 AM

Gunship is easy once u get the main jist of it sorted. The tanks should be running round soaking the small circles also as it saves healers mana and usually the melee share the split at same time.

Its more of a 'run around' fight soaking the aoe dmg on offer

Shame that DS is so full of bugs tho
      #10   Report Post  
    Old 12-23-2011, 11:11 AM

but only one tank can ever run round nelks, one of the melee mobs cleaves (duno how many times I've said this now and it still gets pulled into the group facing the group)

but the sapper can be brought out of stealth straight away with hunter flares, I need to setup a macro to see if Faerie Fire can stop the sapper going into stealth as it stops invis and stealth normally, but it would mean needing to get it off while/before he was landing if it was possible.

but I saw the tactic of the tank with the none cleaving mob running round soaking the little swirls, but I also read a tactic that had everyone prioritise the small drakes, that way they die fast, there is much less small swirls meaning less movement meaning higher DPS meaning everything else dies faster.

but the other main thing I read it more or less has to be 2 healed, apparently if you try to 3 heal it on 10man you will always have problems with the add phase. it just means the healers have to work a bit harder and you really need more than 1 person in the small swirls but they wouldn't be a problem if the drakes got priority as both drakes should die every time meaning no swirls till the next add set.

or if the tanks thought they were up to it you can have one tank take both mobs and the second tank just run round taking the swirls, but it all comes down to reducing movement as any movement reduction will end up in a DPS increase when all the range rely on cast times, it's why some people even suggest ignoring the little swirls entirely unless they are right next to you, but again it relies on the drakes going down as a priority over the 2 blokes.